12% Alcohol

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sat across from Mingyu as you watched the waitress pour a swirl of pink juice into the wine glass. Bubbles radiated from the bottom and you were oddly fascinated by it.

“Enjoy,” she stated before walking out leaving only you and Mingyu to accompany the fizzing drinks and pleasant smell of food.

“Fancy,” you detailed and looked at Mingyu who was staring at you from across the table.

Mingyu stood up from his chair and pulled it around to towards you. He then reached for his plate of food and placed it beside yours before he sat down.

“What are you doing?” you asked.

Mingyu made himself comfortable and looked at you, “The room is cold. It’s warmer if we sit closer together.”

“It’s not that cold.”

“Really? I’m so cold,” he responded and reached over to pick up his fork. You watched him use his left hand and couldn’t help but smile. That’s right, you had forgotten, he was a lefty after all.

“You’re the one with the sweater,” you pointed out and he chuckled out of embarrassment. He had lied to get closer to you. Why hadn’t he thought about his sweater beforehand?

After sticking a piece of chicken with his fork, Mingyu glanced at you. Instead of eating the piece of meat, he reached it over to your plate and set it down on the corner, “Try it, it’s pretty good.”

You looked at the white glazed meat and then over to Mingyu who was smiling happily at his plate.

Mingyu. He had kissed you before. The one person who had taken away your first kiss of any sort was him. He was tall and athletic, not to mention musically gifted. If there was no such thing as perfection, then he was almost perfect and for the first time, you worried for yourself. He had always appeared to be a little too self-centered. Maybe too proud of himself with an unattractive cockiness. But now, he didn’t look anything like that at all.

In the dim room, engulfed in the glow of flickering lights, he was nice, pleasant, and almost a little too attractive. But you had to remind yourself, Mingyu was sneaky. You had to brace yourself, just in case he did something unexpected again. When you realized you had been staring at him for too long, you quickly shoved the chicken into your mouth to keep your mind busy.

“Why did you pretend to be my girlfriend and blow out that candle earlier? You didn’t have to do that you know?”

You forced the half-chewed piece of chicken into your stomach, “You preordered that cake didn’t you?”

Mingyu his lips, “No.”

You sat back into your chair while crossing your arms, “you’re lying to me,”

Mingyu reached his right arm over you, draping it onto the back of your chair while you eyed his actions. He let go of the fork in his left hand and leaned in towards you, “Why did you agree, after you told them the truth?”

“Because I felt bad,”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Felt bad for who?”

“You.”

“Why?”

“Because you ordered the cake.”

Mingyu shook his head, “I didn’t order it.”

You and Mingyu were caught in a staring contest. When you realized how close he was with his features in perfect view, you coward on the inside. His eyes were dark and dilated, overflowing with a sort of daring and inviting bliss. Why were you beginning to think he was the most attractive man you h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter