Cafeteria Lights

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That next day you headed back over to Pledis with a huge smile on your face. Yesterday after talking to Woozi, you finally went to pay the snowdrops a visit. And of course, lo and behold, they were beautiful.

When you arrived in front of the break room you reached into your satchel to take out your set of keys. As you unlocked the door and entered, you realized the lights were off. Usually you would refuse to enter such a dark room, but your goals to get rid of your fear of the dark had been working…somewhat.

You entered the room and let the door shut behind you before pulling out your phone and turning on the mobile flashlight. When you found a small metal door that was unlocked against the wall, you opened it to see over ten switches. In that moment, Vernon came to your mind. The first time you had met him was in a dark area as well. If you could go back and be a better you, you wouldn’t have had such an odd meeting with him the first time around.

You dismissed your thoughts and flipped on one switch. But, when nothing happened in the break room you flipped on another.

You then changed the direction of a few more switches before rationalizing that maybe this wasn’t the correct controls for the lights in the break room after all.

When your eyes darted over to a switch that was on the wall a few feet away you hurried over to it. As you moved the switch into the upward direction, all the lights in the break room lit up.

Then what exactly were the switches you were messing with earlier?? You rushed over to the light switches and recovered each adjustment back into their original position, or at least what you could remember. You closed the metal door and walked over to your cubby before removing your jacket.

 

“What was that all about?” Hoshi asked staring at the rest of his friends who were also eating a late lunch with him.

“The cafeteria lights are possessed today,” Dokyeom replied while opening the lid to his pre-packed lunch.

“Someone probably accidentally did it,” Minghao deducted.

“You mean a ghost did it,” Mingyu joked and Seungkwan made an unsatisfied face.

“Guess who I saw yesterday,” Woozi announced as he put a piece of meat into his mouth.

“Who did you see this time?” Jeonghan nagged implying that he was not interested. The last few times Woozi had announced he met somebody, it was all stupid jokes.

“Who?” Seungcheol questioned after swallowing the noodles in his mouth.

“I met,” Woozi made sure to stare at Jeonghan. He waited until Jeonghan looked at him before he added, “I met your best friend,”

“What?” Jeonghan blurted.

Before Jeonghan could speak another word Dino interrogated, “Really? When?”

Although Mingyu had seen you as well, he listened in silence. Technically he didn’t have a story to tell. He didn’t even get to chat with you yesterday. Jun didn’t speak a word either; instead, he wondered where you could be in that moment.

Joshua chewed on his noodles slowly while listening to his friends speak about you. Why had you come back without letting him know? Surely his relationship with you was more than just acquaintances.

Although Wonwoo heard his friends, he kept his mind focused on his food. Did it matter if you returned or not? It wasn’t like he and you had much of a friendship anyway.

 

“Good job Vernon,” a classmate complimented as their practice ended.

“Thanks, you too. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Vernon replied before heading towards the cafeteria. He was supposed to meet with his friends for lunch but his practice had run longer than expected. He hopped the stairs and entered into the hallway of the cafeteria while panting loudly and trying to catch his breath.

On his way towards the cafeteria he stopped and squinted his eyes; trying to sharpen his already perfect vision. Maybe he was hallucinating…or maybe he wasn’t. There you were, pulling the break room door shut behind you.

At the sound of Vernon’s voice calling your name, you turned to see him standing in the middle of the hallway. A few students exited the cafeteria and you shifted over to give them space.

Vernon’s legs hurri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter