Dropping Off The Notepad

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had gone by, and it seemed as if the silence between you and the guys had dissipated. Your phone began to ding, and all these random conversations were beginning to form again. You combed your hair that Thursday morning and clipped your bangs into place. A quick brush at the janitor uniform reminded you that today was the day you would present your new lyric to Woozi. On your bed, his white bear slept under your covers. Although he had given you 2 weeks max, you were able to storm up some random words within a week. Whether if he liked it or not you didn’t care. You did what he wanted and that was all that mattered.

As you entered the front building of Pledis, you smiled at some students that were walking by. By now they had gotten so used to seeing you, some students even greeted you back.

“You’re here,” you heard from behind you. Before you could turn around an arm draped over your shoulders, and you looked up to see Jeonghan smiling down at you.

“What do you want?” you asked, and he laughed.

“You still ask me like you don’t already know,” he stated playfully.

“I don’t,” you replied and dug into your satchel for the janitor keys.

“Dino is doing a dance performance today, you should go with me,” Jeonghan detailed.

“Jeonghan you know I can’t do that,”

“Why not?”

“I’m not a student here,”

“Mr. Kwon said you could attend,” Jeonghan replied making you stop to look at him.

Unconvinced you huffed, “and how am I supposed to believe you?”

Jeonghan shrugged his shoulders and pulled his arm off you. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a note. “See?” he said as he unfolded it.

On the note was Mr. Kwon’s ugly handwriting, scribbling a permission to allow you to join in and watch the performance. Your mouth gaped open as you read the letter. How in the world did Jeonghan get Mr. Kwon to agree?

“Come on, it’s starting in 15 minutes,” Jeonghan stated as he quickly re-folded the letter before shoving it back into his pocket.

 

 

You quickly put your stuff away into your cubby. Before you could even exit the janitor room, he grabbed your hand into his and pulled you down the hallway. Maybe there was a benefit to working earlier hours after all.

Hand in his, you let Jeonghan lead the way into the massive theatre room where you had cleaned before. The chairs were full and the sound of giggling girls and low-based voices from guys were booming a mixture of life.

“Looks like it’s pretty full, let’s sit here,” Jeonghan detailed and led you over to two open seats. He sat in one and directed you to sit in the other. You oddly found yourself hesitant to even sit. You felt awkward and out of place in a room full of incredible students. But when you saw Jeonghan tap the seat invitingly, you gave in, sitting down beside him.

Before long the lights dimmed, and the auditorium turned black. You searched the theatre for light or at least prayed your eyes would adjust. A boom from the surround system caused you to jump in a squeal and you felt Jeonghan’s hand wrap yours in his as warmth trickled from him to you. You glanced over to him and in the dark, you could see him smiling at you.

Another sound boomed through the speakers and the ceiling lights flashed a neon green. Bright stage lights sent neon green longitudinal beams out towards the walls of the auditorium.

The drapes opened and Dino stood in center with a bright white light beaming down at him. He danced to a fast beat with a few dancers behind him. His face was focused and nothing like you’ve seen before. He wore a black pants with a red shirt that had two white diagonal lines down the front. His dark hair l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter