Not Helping You

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You stomped your way over to Pledis university that next day still aggravated over Mingyu. You couldn’t even fall asleep the night before because you were so bothered by what he had done.

You yanked opened the janitor closet and realized that unlike before, instead of a note being left outside the door, it was inside.

You read it and wondered where exactly the library was. You had never been told to go there before nor have you ever seen it. Back when Seungcheol gave you a tour, even he never mentioned it to you. You sighed to relieve yourself of your own frustration. When was this job going to be over?!?!?

 

On your way passed the exhibition room, although the lights were off, you noticed photos lying everywhere. According to the map the library was somewhere further down the hall. When you finally made it to the wooden double doors, you looked at the large sign and wondered how you ever missed the library. It was clearly labeled.

You turned the handle to one side of the double doors and entered. The library was quiet, filled with tall and large white bookcases all the way down towards what seemed like the end of the world. Large windows allowed daylight to seep in casting a calm aura within the library.

You glanced around and headed over towards an area with a large counter and a few computers. You went around the counter and sure enough there was something for you. It even had your name on it. You picked up the packet of stapled papers and began to read the first page that explained the Dewey Decimal Classification System. Apparently, it was a dumbed-down version to help you figure out how to sort the books and where to place them.

Besides the packet, numerous books were divided into three piles. According to the note, they had already been checked in. All you had to do was place them back. Although it wasn’t rocket science, why were you having such a hard time understanding the instructions? Good thing all the books were fiction and not of different subjects.

You picked up the first book and studied the front. It was a photo of an empty bench facing a blue beautiful lake.

“Waiting for us,” you read and flipped it around to see the back cover.  After skimming the story, you complained quietly, “waiting is no fun.”

You grabbed a few more books and walked it over to the fiction section. You turned the corner and jumped when you saw someone sitting comfortably by the window. His feet were propped up on the white table in front of him as he leaned back in a matching white chair. His head was down, his eyes focused on a book in his lap making it hard for you to detail his features.

You stretched your neck to see who it was. Hopefully he wasn’t a library ghost or else you would go running out of the school like a cockroach would from light. You began to grow scared from your own imagination. Unexpectedly, a book slipped from your grasp and bashed against your foot causing even the library to echo around you.

Wonwoo looked over to see who had crept into the quiet library and disturbed him. The sight of you brought a small smile to his face. He watched you quickly retrieve the book from your feet and place it back into the stash in your arms.

When you looked up to meet his eyes and realize that it was Wonwoo, you cringed to yourself. Maybe a ghost would have been better.

Unwilling to let you disturb him, Wonwoo shifted his attention back to the book in his lap. He continued to read the last sentences to the novel while he listened to you cause a commotion in the background.

 

You were struggling to figure out where to place the books. According to the directions you were in some 800 section and…there was something about the author. The books grew heavy in your arms and you decided to set them on an empty shelf leaving only one in your possession.  

Wonwoo smiled at the satisfying ending to the book he read and closed it shut. He removed his feet off the table and made his way over to you.

You ignored Wonwoo as he came beside you. He was putting the book he read away on an upper shelf that you would never be able to reach without the help of a stool. Although your original plan was to pay him no mind, a soft smell trailed from his uniform and into your nose. Your eyes secretly wandered over to him and up his arms towards his long fingers.

Wonwoo placed the book back and afterwards glanced down at you catching your eyes with his stern look. You awkwardly looked away and pretended to keep yourself busy with your dilemma. Wonwoo noticed the packet of instructions you were reading and reached over to remove the book from your hand.

“Hey!” you protested as you watched Wonwoo part two books on a higher shelf.

“This book is pretty good. The ending is too sad though. Not my cup of tea,” Wonwoo stated as he slipped the book into place. Like before, he lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter