Carat bong?

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You exited out of your Grandfather’s black car and gawked at the large banner featuring all 13 guys from the Seventeen Carat Club. It hung down the front of the arena, so huge that you couldn’t even begin to imagine how much it cost to get that printed. Down the sides of the stadium were stunning photos of each one dressed in styled and trendy clothes.

After observing the environment, you looked down to your embarrassing outfit. The one that was mailed to you. You made a face at the black slacks that ended at your ankles and the tucked in white collar shirt. The part that made you feel the most awkward were the red suspenders that clipped onto your pants. Why would they send you such a ridiculous outfit to wear?? A few girls hurried pass you in cute skirts and summer tops and you envied their freedom. They too were attending the event you were going to. Whatever that event was.

You watched them skip towards a forming line and you backed away thinking it may just be better to not attend.

“I can’t wait!” a girl shouted from across the way. You glanced to see her shirt with the name “Vernon” printed on it and you found yourself breathless. The memory of his glossy honeydew eyes made goosebumps awake on your skin. She ran towards a group of girls, held hands with them before they all jumped in excitement. In their hands were small little white trinkets that seem to flash lights of multiple colors. Your brows scrunched unsure of their purpose.

“You have your carat bong?” one of the girls asked and they all tapped them together like some sort of group greeting.

“Carat bong?” you repeated to yourself.

“Go on, I’ll be out here waiting for you when it’s done,” you Grandfather’s chauffer assured from the driver’s seat. You quickly looked back at him with a worried face and shook your head signaling to him that you were on the verge of giving up and retreating into the car. “Hurry before it starts,” he encouraged, “and don’t forget this,” he said as he handed you the shiny phone you haven’t touched in months.

After receiving the phone, before you could even protest, the car began to roll.

“Wait!” you shouted, and he paid you no mind. You considered running after the car but a booming sound from the stadium caught your attention.

 

 

You brushed a few loose strands of hair from your temples and placed them behind your ears while you listened to the chatter around you. How was it that you were the only one anxious in this crowd of excitement?

 

 

“Ticket please?” the man dressed in white-collar shirt and black slacks asked as you handed him a diamond cutout ticket. He scanned it and then handed it back to you.

“Thank you,” you said before you walked into the arena swarmed with people. Again, the outfits on the other people made your cheeks burn. In a sea of rose quarts and serenity, you stood out like a sore thumb. You avoided eye contact at all costs and followed directions in the hall of the stadium to your assigned seat etched on your ticket. Entering the large arena, you realized that it was an intimate setting. Most of the arena was blocked out allowing a black center stage to be close to the edge where people would be sitting. The lights were dimmed into a blue atmosphere.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter