Special Delivery

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A ring from Jun’s phone made his brush stop halfway to his canvas. He set his brush down and pulled out his phone.

“You finally miss me,” Jun stated into the phone.

“No. But I have some things to give to you. Where are you?” you asked while staring at the white board in the break room. It was 7pm the following Monday after you had spoken to Lyna.

“You’re on campus? I’m in my painting room.”

“I’ll see you in a bit. Don’t disappear when I get there,” you demanded and hung up without saying goodbye. You were going to make your task simple and quick without any dialogue. That was the best way to deal with Jun.

You dug into the bag Lyna gave you and searched for Jun’s envelope. At the sight of his name drawn in black ink over a red envelope you pulled it out. White hearts decorated the envelope around his name and to your surprise you smiled.

“How pretty,” you complimented as you placed the card onto the box full of ornaments that you had brought from home. After picking it up and holding it steady in your arms, you exited the break room and headed towards the art room in the main building.

 

The elevator dinged and you stepped out while adjusting the box in your arms. You turned to head over towards the art room and was again captured by the paintings hung in the hallway. Some had changed since the last time you saw it while others remained in their exact same place. A photo you hadn’t seen before caught your attention. You inched closer to get a better look and found yourself pondering over it. You had definitely seen it before.  

“Do you like it?” Jun asked from down the hallway.

You looked over to him. The way he walked, every stride of his was full of confidence. His blazer and tie was removed leaving only his white collar shirt to shape his shoulders.

As Jun got closer he glanced at the painting, “What do you think? How well did I draw you?”

“Draw me?” you asked.

“We were out in the courtyard that day, remember?”

You stood there thinking when had this happened? And then suddenly, you remembered. It was the day Jun had stolen your spot at the fountain. You glanced at the painting and stared in shock. Your features were faded, dashed with colors of grey. Your dark hair was plastered against the green background and your janitor suit a deep blue. Why would Jun do this??

“You once asked me who I was painting. I told you it was someone I couldn’t stand. Now it’s hanging in the halls of Pledis for everyone to see. How unlucky, now I have to see this painting every single day,” he stated before turning around to enter back into his art room. You rolled your eyes at his comment. Way to make you feel great about delivering his card. If he didn’t want to see it, why did he paint it?!

After entering into the art room behind Jun you sighed, “Here, take your ornaments back. They’re taking up space in my place,”

Jun walked over to take the box out of your hand and noticed the envelope with his name.

“How pretty…did you do this?” he asked as he touched your hands that were under the box. He could feel your cold skin seep into his and his heart froze in a state of nervousness. Even the butterflies in his stomach were hesitant to flee from their depths of rest.

“Are you going to take the box or not?” you nagged and he quickly accepted the box from you. You watched him set it down before taking the envelope into his hands.

You crossed your arms, “Special deli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter