Into The Same Sea

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Were you too traditional to want to talk to people in person? Why did it feel less genuine if you texted or called someone? Your Grandfather had gotten you into that habit of always wanting to see someone’s face when you spoke to them. That explains why you haven’t told Joshua the truth about your alias with Woozi nor have you apologized to Dokyeom for making him worry for no reason.

The fact that Emjae sent you a stupid letter with roses still bugged you. He should have come himself. He should have come to explain the truth, in private.

You slammed the book in your hands shut and stared out into the dreary day from the library window. You sat on a ledge by the windowsill. The library was way too quiet yet you actually found yourself ok with the lonely atmosphere. Somedays it was scary, other days it was soundless. Just enough to give your mind enough space to think.

Today you were in the library reading Woozi’s book. Well, not his book, but the description of him printed on the inner back cover. You were curious if the note could help teach you a little more about Woozi. Boy, were you wrong. Everything listed, you already knew. Actually, you knew more than the book had described. Woozi liked stargazing and that was definitely not in the description about him.

The library doors opened, creaking a creepy sound as you turned to stare down at the white bookshelves that were adjacent to each other for a far as your eyes could see. If it was Wonwoo, you only had two choices: hide or pretend you didn’t hear a thing.

“Ok that’s fine, I’ll just go and make a few more copies of the flyers without the logo,”

You perked up at the sound of Seungcheol’s voice.

“That’s fine. I should have the logo done by tonight. I’ll send that to your email when I’m done,”

You frowned and hurried off the ledge to place Woozi’s book back where you found it. You heard the sound of a book bag being tossed onto a desk before the keyboard began to click.

Your stomach growled out of hunger and you your teeth at it, cursing under your breath and scolding it for giving you away. You straightened your back and made your way to the front to leave, passing by Mingyu who was focused on the computer before him.

“Long time no see,” Mingyu greeted without looking at you.

“Well then, have a good night,” you replied and hurried towards the door.

“Is there a reason why you’re avoiding me?”

“Avoiding you?” you gave a pathetic laugh, “why would I be avoiding you?”

“I don’t know, maybe because I kissed you,”

You rolled your eyes. You tried to pretend as if you weren’t bothered, “What? When did that happen? You must be talking about someone else,”

“You’re no longer upset? At least I know you’ve forgiven me,”

You stood there dumbfounded. Your idea of pretending it never happened was totally interpreted the wrong way. You marched over and pointed at Mingyu, “Apologize,”

“For what?” Mingyu asked while looking up at you; his left hand still holding the black mouse in hand while his right fingers remained on the home row keys of the matching black keyboard.  You made a face. You were taken aback from his aloof response.

“Apologize,” you demanded again as you stared down at him. However, as soon as Mingyu pushed his chair back and stood up you shuffled backwards from his height.

“I’m sorry,” Mingyu announced, “but the next time, I won’t be sorry,”

“Next time??” you crossed your arms, “who do you think you are to be walking around kissing anyone you like?” You glanced away from him and mumbled, “ert,”

Mingyu stared at you. It was when you were most stubborn that he liked you the most. It didn’t bother him one bit that you seemed completely annoyed of him. Mingyu leaned against the computer table and placed one hand into his pants pocket, “You must have missed me. You even came in the library to wait for me didn’t you?”

You eyed him, “You wish,”

“At least you know one of my wishes,” Mingyu answered and shared you a charming smile. He then added, “I don’t know why anyone would ever choose someone else over you. If it was me, you’ll always come first,”

“I don’t have time for your nonsense,” you announced before you turned around to leave. To your surprise Mingyu grabbed your wrist to keep you back.

“Hey…” you complained as you struggled to free yourself from him.

“You are ok right?” Mingyu asked. His tone full of worry and curiosity.

You yanked your wrist out from his fingers, “Of course I am…”

The light from the windows of the library room shined a soft shade across his face allowing his nose bridge to cast a shadow across his cheek. His blinking eyes made you wonder about his status. The girl at Mingyu’s game appeared to be close to him. Was he pulling an Emjae on her too?

Your thoughts vanished at the sound of Mingyu’s voice, “Take care of yourself. Make sure you eat and try not to cry too much.” Mingyu returned back to his chair and before he began clicking away at his computer he stated, “Just for the record, I don’t go around kissing anyone I want. I’ve only kissed you. You’re the lucky one,”

“Liar,” you muttered underneath your breath.

“Just don’t go around bragging about it,” Mingyu replied, as if he was warning you of unspoken consequences.

 

You exited the library and as the doors closed shut behind you, you leaned against it. You sighed before you reached up to touch the area on your cheek that Mingyu had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter