Why Are They Everywhere?

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You arrived in front of Pledis College and entered cautiously still hoping to avoid Jun. As you carried the broom out into the large middle courtyard you couldn’t help but feel like you were in some dreamland.

Pledis University had seemed busier than usual that evening. Students walked across the courtyard in groups of threes and fours. When you saw two girls walk by in their beautiful uniforms you wished it was you instead. Their pink pleated skirts looked lovely swinging from their stride. Unlike the dark colored ties that the men wore, they had pink matching bows tied around their collars. However, when you remembered your luck you sighed and got to work.

You began sweeping the walkway, focusing on removing the pebbles and dirt away from your feet. When you reached the crystal figurine drenched in water, you smiled realizing the sculpture was a large treble clef that stood almost a yard and half taller than you. You picked up a small pebble at your feet and rotated it between your fingers. Pretending it was a coin you made a wish and flicked it into the small fountain of clear water that pooled below the sculpture. You then peeked in to verify where the pebble landed. Seeing it rest in the sparkling water caused a smile to form across your face.

You returned to your job as you swept until you were all the way across the quad heading towards another building. When you swept by a room, something shiny swung around inside catching your attention. Your eyes widened as you watched silver nun chucks twirl around the man. Not that you wanted him to get hurt…but you were staring, inspecting, waiting for those metal things to smack him unconscious. You could then be of some help and get him to the hospital in time. But when he slid them between his left armpit and looked at you with beaming eyes you ducked to hide yourself.

After a few minutes you stood up, peering back into the room to see if the man was still there.

“What are you doing?”

You jumped at the voice beside you and looked at him. He, unlike the previous men you’ve seen before, did not wear a Pledis uniform. Instead, he had on gray sweats and a white t-shirt that covered his thin frame. His sweat changed the white color on his shirt into a milky hue. A black headband covered his forehead while his light brown hair and slim face dripped of sweat.

“Uh…I’m…just…just cleaning…” you stated and began to sweep your broom back and forth while you sashayed away from him. Instead of cutting your answer short you were too fascinated and asked, “Are those real?”

You stared at the nun chucks that he held in his left hand making him observe them as well. Without answering you he asked, “You said that you are cleaning?”

“Hey,” another voice called from across the court and you looked. When you realized it was Jun you turned away to hide your face as you walked away from them.

“Minghao, are you done for the day? I need help.” Jun asked.

“I’m not done yet but…I just came out…because of…” Minghao didn’t finish his sentence. When he looked at you, Jun followed Minghao’s gaze to see you sweeping away.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter