A Constellation

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minghao and his colleagues, who were also interning with him at other academies, arrived back at Pledis University that next afternoon slightly later than usual. Who knew being part of a martial artist team would be so tiring. He stepped out of the large black van and grabbed his book bag and a sports luggage from the seat he sat at.

On his way into the East building towards the gym he saw you sitting out in the courtyard scribbling away at your journal. You wore a thick grey coat that looked slightly too large on you.

 

“Hey,” Minghao stated and you looked up to see him standing there as you closed your journal. Was this the first time you had ever seen him in a Pledis uniform? Over his uniform, he wore a large black ed pea coat that dangled down to his knees. At his neck a black scarf was wrapped securely. A dark blue backpack was strapped onto his shoulders while his left hand held onto a large luggage. “Can you stop looking at me like that?” Minghao asked making you snap out of your admiration for his uniform.

“I wasn’t looking at you…I was looking at your uniform,” you replied while looking away toward the area you planted Snowdrops with Dino.

“My uniform is on me, so you’re technically looking at me,” Minghao reasoned and you rolled your eyes.

After a long silence Minghao apologized, making you look back over to him. Why was he apologizing in the first place? You quickly tried to search your memory to see if you could recall anything he had ever done to you. Oh that’s right, he almost broke your arm the day you saw him “” in the men’s locker room.

“Were you able to wash off the red liquid from your scarf?” he asked.

“Oh…no…it’s pink now,” you replied and reached for the horrible tie-dyed scarf that was hidden beside you to show it to him. To be honest, you almost didn’t care what color it turned out to be. Fashion wasn’t your thing anyway.

You watched Minghao undo his scarf from his neck with his free hand like a pro. He then handed it over to you and suggested, “Let’s trade,”

“Oh, it’s ok, my scarf is fine,”

Minghao placed his scarf onto your lap and tugged yours out from your grasp. After he studied your scarf in his hand he explained, “The red paint can cause irritation on real skin. If you can’t wash it out, it’s better to not use it anymore. Use mine if you get cold. The weather is changing so don’t get sick.”

And with that he walked away with your pink scarf hanging at his hand.

“What’s gotten into him? I guess he wasn’t apologizing for the way he almost broke my arm after all” you reasoned and touched his scarf on your lap. The wool was soft, thick and cozy. You glanced back over to see Minghao enter through the East building doors, disappearing from your view.

 

“Wow! I did a good job,” Jun boasted while he looked at Minghao’s developed photo on the wall of Jeonghan’s photography room.

“It literally looks like he got hurt,” Jeonghan replied.

“My art skills are superb,”

“My photography skills are superb,”

They eyed each other playfully then broke into a laugh and high-fived each other.

“When are you going to submit it to the magazine?” Jun asked.

“Already done,” Jeonghan replied as they both returned to gaze at the photo of Minghao that they took the night before. He was dressed in a stylish yet shredded white t-shirt with dark ripped jeans. The way Minghao looked hunched over while holding a pair of gold tonfas in his hands looked awesome against the back light. He looked like he had just finished fighting a large crowd of bad guys. The gash on his forearm that Jun colored looked so real that even he cringed at the sight.

 

Minghao walked into the locker room and dropped his luggage allowing your scarf to slide onto the ground. He let his book bag off his shoulders and continued to get ready for a quick shower. While he was scrubbing himself the recollection of you seeing him half- made him shake his head. Hopefully that odd moment would eventually dissipate from his memory forever.

He exited the shower rooms and proceeded to wear his sweats when your scarf caught his attention. It was as if the scarf was lying there staring at him reminding him of his rude behavior. He walked over to pick it up and without a thought he threw it into the empty trashcan beside him.

With his book bag back on and luggage in hand; Minghao looked back at the trash can one last time. Why was he feeling slightly guilty for throwing away your scarf? He didn’t allow himself to think as he quickly looked away from the trash can and left the locker room.

The locker room door slowly shut, but before it could do so completely it swung open as Minghao walked back in and over to the trashcan. Again, without a thought, he removed your ugly scarf from the empty trash can and shoved it into his luggage.

 

You checked your phone to see to it was 8pm. You looked around the courtyard and it was already so dark. At least it was much darker than what you were used to. The beautiful lights were already lit and beaming yellow radiance into the courtyard. You pulled your feet into a criss-cross in front of you while you balanced yourself on the edge of the fountain. You smiled at the area where your new flowers should sprout and the memory of Dino replayed in your mind like a lovely tune.

“Boo!”

You shrieked in terror as you lost balance and fell backwards. In reflex to your fall you closed your eyes, preparing for the cold water to soak into your clothes. However, in your fall you didn’t land into water. When your fall ended you opened your eyes to see Seungkwan’s face inches away from yours. He was bent over by your side, with you in his arms to prevent you from falling. The only thing wet were the ends of your hair as they swirled in the fountain water behind you.

Seungkwan stared at you in return. He hadn’t seen your features so magnified before. The way your dark eyelashes fanned every time you blinked at him and how your eyes looked made him wish he never tried to play a joke on you. You suddenly realized how tightly you clung onto Seungkwan and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter