Only Thirteen

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You got home that night and sat on your couch to open the brown bag. After pulling the staples apart you peered in and gasped.

A thankful sigh escaped your throat as you pulled the small orange clay pot that was nicely secured by shreds of paper out of the bag. Dino had potted for you a snowdrop that was still in bloom. Why didn’t he just say so when he gave it to you? You placed the small pot onto your lap and touched the white petals with your fingers. You frowned a guilty face wishing you would have known earlier what Dino had done.

 

That next day before leaving your apartment you stared at the snowdrop for a few minutes. It wouldn’t be long until the flower ran the risk of withering away but the best you could do was protect it until then. You had one mission that day: to find Dino and tell him you didn’t deserve to be his friend.

On your way across the street you saw a few students leaving the building. As you approached the door someone called for you and you turned to see Lyna waving with a smile. You walked over to her and greeted the rest of the girls that were bunched behind her.

“It’s nice to see you again. Is everything going ok?” she asked.

“It’s going perfect. So far I’ve given Jun and Dino their cards,” you whispered and two girls chirped in happiness. “How many girls are in the club?” you asked.

“Thirteen. Only thirteen,” Lyna replied.

“Oh…why is that? Aren’t fan clubs open for everyone?”

Somehow your question had turned the situation awkward. From the odd silence you quickly changed the subject, “I’ll continue to deliver them today. I better get going. Have a good day,”

“Thanks!” a few of them spoke together as you entered into Pledis.

Pledis was definitely different. Students come and go as they pleased. A full day consisted of whatever amount of classes and there were no restrictions as to where they wanted to be or what they wanted to do. It was like living a royal life, in a modern world of course.

 

At 6pm that evening, you stared into the bag full of cards that you held within your arms. You reached in and pulled out a random card to see that it had Jeonghan’s name printed on it. Although the name was simply written, the decorations were blinged out. Angel wings surrounded the letter J and a golden halo sat atop of it. The card was bedazzled with jewels and you swore it sparkled so much it was blinding.

You suddenly decided you would prefer to deliver a different card and traded Jeonghan’s in for Wonwoo’s. His, on the other hand, was much simpler and decorated with hearts and music notes. The last two O’s in his name were turned into round glasses with ear pieces that were bent and hanging off a string. You giggled at the design but knew you would prefer someone else’s as well.

A sudden ding from your phone made you place Wonwoo’s card back into the bag.

Are you still in the cafeteria? I’m on my way there.

Hi Seungkwan, I’ll meet you here. You replied and placed your phone back into your pocket.

Seungkwan locked his phone and headed up the stairs slowly. He suddenly felt nervous. He hadn’t seen you for a while and the mere thought of meeting you made his stomach dance.

 

You stood in the cafeteria that you had finished cleaning and leaned against a round table. The silence was eerie only when you let your mind wonder. The large windows that accompanied you allowed the light to illuminate every inch of the place, so it wasn’t as eerie as your mind made it out to be.

Seungkwan opened the cafeteria door and felt his legs stiffen. You were there waiting for him; only him. You stood up from your leaning position and approached Seungkwan who was walking too slow. You handed the envelope in your arm to Seungkwan and smiled at him, “For you,”

Seungkwan stared at the card with his name on it and studied the hearts that were glued down the center with sides that popped out. The envelope was lined with glitter swirls and he knew right away it was a love letter. He shyly laughed and accepted it into his hand as you witnessed his reaction. If only the girl who had written his card could see his embarrassed face. You knew, she would have fallen deeper in love with Seungkwan.

“Thanks…” Seungkwan managed to say as he tried to calm his fluttering heart.

“You’re welcome. I hope you like it,”

“I will,” he replied while forcing himself to look away from it. “I’ll open it later… is that ok?”

“Of course,” you replied, “just don’t wait too long,”

You watched Seungkwan smile away another shy look before he cleared his throat and asked, “are you hungry?”

“No. But if you want to eat something, go ahead.”

“You believe me now? I told you the food was free,” he stated.

“I have no choice but to believe you,”

Seungkwan laughed and headed over to grab two blueberry muffins.

 

 

As soon as Seungk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter