One Memory At A Time

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stop monitoring me. It’s not that hard to clean this,” you ranted as the door opened behind you. The footsteps made you roll your eyes out of irritation.

Wonwoo placed an unopened bottle of water on his white piano. You glanced at it and then over to him.

“Just in case you’re thirsty for working SO hard,” he explained before he turned around to open a black piano across the way.

He began playing a tune; a slow tune that filled the room with a melancholy atmosphere. While wiping down his piano, you listened in silence and wished Wonwoo would stop playing. It was making you sad for no apparent reason. Your phone vibrated, and you reached for it in your pocket.

Hey, where are you? I have something to give you

You stared at Jeonghan’s text message and locked your phone to ignore him. Again your phone vibrated. As soon as you unlocked your phone, another message from Jeonghan popped up: stop ignoring me

“Really??” you scolded quietly stopping Wonwoo in the middle of his song. If it wasn’t Wonwoo pulling on the last strings of your patience, it was definitely Jeonghan.

“What’s wrong?” Wonwoo asked.

“Nothing,” you replied and quickly texted Jeonghan back: What?? I’m busy

Within less than five seconds another message came from Jeonghan: Can we meet in the courtyard for a bit?

You turned your phone off and shoved it back into your pocket. Although you had no interest in what Jeonghan had to give you, this was your only ticket out. You grabbed your wipes and the spray bottle that was half empty.

“I’m leaving,”

“Already?” Wonwoo asked getting up from where he sat.

“Yeah I’m done cleaning your piano. I’ve cleaned it twice already. I’m leaving. I have to meet up with someone.”

Wonwoo watched you turn around to leave towards the door. In the heat of the moment, he bargained, “If you stay, I’ll teach you how to play that song you like.”

You halted in your escape. Could you give up the opportunity to learn how to play the piano by a brainiac that knew how to??

With a forced smile, you turned to face him, “You have to teach me how to play THE piano. Not just the song. I already know how to play Elvis Presley’s song,”

Wonwoo smirked and walked over to lean against his white piano, “Really? Because I’ve heard you play it before and you barely got passed the beginning.” He crossed his arms, “As long as you clean my piano, I’ll teach you. But if you don’t, I won’t.”

“I hope you know this is NOT in my job description,”

“Well…I hope YOU know that Mr. Kwon told me I can always request you to help me clean this room,” Wonwoo replied, “that’s why he gave me your number in the first place. If you don’t believe me, you can ask him,”

You opened your mouth but you couldn’t bring yourself to argue with Wonwoo. Truth is, Mr. Kwon did indeed give out your number. For the dumbest reason of course; but how could you object?

Out of defeat, you your teeth and made your way back over to Wonwoo. With a stern look you announced, “You owe me a lesson,”

A side smile broke on Wonwoo’s face. Could he agree with himself that you had fallen into his trap? A selfish trap to keep you closer longer? No, that sounded absurd. He wasn’t the type to do that. It wasn’t a trap. It was a suggestion; a suggestion you agreed to. Wonwoo reached over to pull the seat out from under the white piano before he glanced at you. Although in his eyes you saw a warm gratifying look, you weren’t convinced once bit. There was no way Wonwoo was being nice.

 

 

Jeonghan beamed at the sight of you walking out from the East building.

You noticed him standing across the courtyard and hurried over, “You’ve been out here this whole time??”

“Yeah, I was waiting for you,” Jeonghan replied.

“Why…why did you wait…?” You had practiced the piano with Wonwoo for 45 minutes!

Jeonghan shrugged with a charming side smile, “It wasn’t too long,”

He handed you an envelope embellished with golden sparkles. You glanced at it and afterwards took it out of his hand.

“What’s this?” you asked. You broke the seal on the envelope and pulled out a card. When you flipped the card open, a gold square ticket stamped with your name fell onto the ground. Jeonghan helped you retrieve it while you read what he had written on the card:

Dear best friend,

I would love to see you at my showcase on Saturday @ 6pm.

Please come. =)

Love,

    Your Best Friend Yoon Jeonghan

You observed his handwriting for a few seconds before you looked at him, “Jeonghan…I…I don’t thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter