Folded Letters

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your eyes shot open and you realized you had fallen asleep…in your living room!! You shifted positions to feel that your right arm was slightly numb. When you turned your head to see what was so heavy on your arm, someone’s large foot shocked you.

You swiftly turned around and an automatic squeal sounded from your throat. Woozi’s sleeping face was slightly too close. Only then did you realize your pillow was not a pillow! It was Seokmin’s thigh! The crook in your neck began to ache and you looked down to see your left feet lying between Seungcheol and Jeonghan’s head. Your right foot was resting atop Hoshi’s shoulder and Minghao’s arm that was wrapped around Hoshi. The foot at your arm belonged to Mingyu who was tall and stretched passed Minghao. Between them was Dino who was sleeping on Mingyu’s stomach. Seungkwan was lopsided by Jun who was sleeping within Mingyu’s left arm. Wonwoo and Joshua were curled beside Seungcheol who had his arms spread out towards Vernon’s thigh.

You sat up faster than you could think. When had you fallen asleep?? In a frenzy, you accidently kneed Woozi’s leg causing him to shift in his sleep. You froze hoping he wouldn’t wake up, however, his beady eyes opened slowly.

At the site of you staring at him with a bizarre look on your face, the sleep in his eyes vanished. Only then did he remember last night. The stupid game Seungkwan and Dokyeom came up with late last night was: who could stay up the longest. According to the scene, no one won. Everyone was knocked out across the living room floor.  

You quickly leaped over Woozi’s body and Dokyeom’s legs to make a run for your room. As soon as you got your bedroom door locked, you jumped into bed. Not only have you spent an early Christmas with them, you had also fallen asleep with them in your living room!

Last night after Seungcheol had initially introduced them as the Seventeen Carat Club, each one of them introduced themselves. You laid there under your covers and thought about the moment when you worked up the nerve to ask about the girl members.

The sound of Hoshi’s voice replying that “There are no girls” replayed in your head.

If there were no girls, then why have you heard of girls joining the club??

So, the Seventeen Carat Club was an all boy club after all?? How stupid did you appear to have made Seungcheol aware of how much you wanted to be a part of them.

You squeezed your eyes shut and curled into yourself while allowing the cold feel of your bed and blanket soak into your skin. The memory of the diamond falling off the ceiling in the seventeen club room finally made sense. Seungcheol did say that you were the only girl to have hung a diamond in that room.

 

A light knock came at your bedroom door before you heard Woozi’s voice. “Are you ok?”

“Yes,” you replied from under your blankets. “I’m fine,”

“Ok,” Woozi replied and made his way to the bathroom.

Minghao’s eyes opened. As he shifted his body, he woke up Hoshi who was still in the middle of a good dream. Hoshi sat up and looked around to realize a large empty spot. He skimmed for you and couldn’t remember when he had fallen asleep last night.

“Your hair looks horrible,” Woozi stated on his way back to the living room. Both Minghao and Woozi laughed at Hoshi’s hair that had parted on the side allowing his pale scalp to shine through.

Mingyu turned and moaned tiredly, “Stop being so loud.”

 

Before long they were all up trying to wake up Jeonghan from his death sleep. You could hear them joking and laughing out in your living room. Hoshi was explaining his dream while Wonwoo was singing in his deep voice. The sound of Vernon’s voice explaining something to Seungcheol was close outside your room. Maybe they were lined up to use your bathroom; who knows.

You were still hidden under your blankets trying to pretend as if the night never happened. You couldn’t even remember when you had fell asleep…or how you ended up sleeping by Woozi.

You suddenly heard Mingyu asking for you.

“I think she’s in her room,” Woozi replied.

 

After some time, you cracked open your door and could hear them mumbling out in your living room. You hurried your way into the bathroom to brush your teeth and wash your face. When you finally stepped out of the bathroom the living room sounded quiet; so quiet that you almost thought they had left.

However, as soon as you arrived in your living room they all looked at you with their own unique smiles.

“Did you get enough sleep?” Dino asked.

“Oh…um…” your eyes landed on Woozi who saw you sprinting into your room that morning. You swallowed, “yes I did…did you guys get enough sleep?”

“I slept fine,” Seungcheol replied and the others agreed.

“We just warmed up some food, come and eat,” Joshua invited and you inhaled slowly as if to prepare yourself for some unknown situation.

 

That afternoon you found yourself rolling around in the snow with a few of the guys.

“I’m making an angel,” Jeonghan announced and plunged into the snow backwards. “OW!” he yelled making Dokyeom, Joshua and Wonwoo laugh.

You smiled at them and looked over to Mingyu who was rolling a huge snowball. You watched him stretch to flex his back muscles before he asked, “Where do you want me to put it?”

“Put it on a flat area so it doesn’t fall over when the sun comes out,” Minghao deducted from across the way. Mingyu, Minghao, Hoshi and Jun were building a snowman. From the size of Mingyu’s snowball, the snowman was going to be much taller than Mingyu himself. Dino was singing and in his own world as he shuffled from one foot to the other. He must have been chaperoning Mingyu or possibly being Mingyu’s support system since he didn’t participate in building the sn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter