Change His Mind

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days had passed and you headed towards the school like usual. However, as you approached the school you saw a group of girls wearing their beautiful uniforms, crowded around someone. On your way pass the crowd, you peer over to see Jisoo deep in concentration.

The sound of the girls squealing in front of Joshua made him lift his head. When you walked passed he glanced over and caught you looking. He nodded at you while he continued to sing and strum his black guitar with gold lining.

You hurried into the building and Joshua’s eyes watched the glass door close while he finished singing happy birthday to the birthday girl in front of him. The girls cheered and the birthday girl ran over to hug Joshua shifting his attention back onto her.

 

Dino called your name and you looked over to see him waving at you.

“I heard your fever got really bad…I’m sorry I wasn’t available the night you came to the dance room,”

“It’s ok,” you replied and assured Dino, “I’m better now…so don’t feel bad over it. Thank you for even helping me in the first place.”

Was it too late to bring it all up? Dino did not reply. Dino was worried when he heard the dramatic story that Jeonghan had told Dino and his friends after Seungcheol’s encounter with you at Jun’s exhibition. All he could think of was how grateful he felt that Hoshi was in the room to give you medicine. If he wasn’t, who would have helped you?

Apparently, it was Dino’s explanation that caused you to confront Seungcheol about the name badge in the first place. Which made him feel guilty and uncertain at the same time. For that, he felt sorry and wished he would have kept his mouth shut. Dino handed you a small folded paper and stated, “Just in case you need me,”

You opened it to see that inside, written in dark blue ink was Dino’s phone number. After you refolded the piece of paper, you stuck it into the pocket of your janitor suit and thanked him.

“Anytime,” Dino answered and pressed his lips together before he added, “Anything for you,”

You looked up at him to share a moment of silence and admiration with him. You knew you weren’t wrong about how kind he was. What have you ever done in your past life to deserve such a perfect companion? The way you looked at Dino made even the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. When he could no longer handle the turning in his stomach he glanced away to start a new conversation.

 

 

“Where’s Joshua?” Woozi asked while he played on Wonwoo’s piano.

“Joshua said he was going to sing happy birthday to someone today,” Seungkwan replied while leaning against the piano.

“Some of her friends had been asking him for two weeks to sing to her,” Seokmin stated and made himself comfortable by the window. He peered out into the courtyard secretly hoping to see you but was greeted with nothing but a courtyard with dying flowers.

“This is the fifth girl he sang happy birthday to in two weeks,” Jeonghan announced.

Seungkwan gasped with surprise, “Really? You’re not kidding right?”

“It’s the guitar,” Woozi teased and Jeonghan laughed from where he was laying. He had made himself too comfortable on the sleek floor while propping himself up on his side.

“Joshua never sings to me when it’s my birthday,” Jeonghan complained and brushed his hair out of his eyes.

“Shouldn’t you be more concerned about your showcase?” Seokmin asked and Jeonghan sat up from his position.

“It’s in a few weeks, or days, whatever,” Jeonghan replied and stretched.

“Vernon’s play comes first, then Wonwoo and Joshua’s mini concert. Jeonghan is last, we can worry about him later,” Seungkwan joked and they all laughed in unison. When the room fell silent, Woozi played a tune and Seungkwan sang along. Seokmin jumped into the song as well and Jeonghan bobbed his head to his friend’s harmonization.

 

Joshua was able to leave the group of girls as he pulled open the door and entered into the main building. He glanced around hoping to see you somewhere but you were nowhere in sight. He then headed towards the East building all the while glancing back just in case he may have missed you. When Joshua approached the East building his heart pounded from the sight of you inside.

You were staring at the board that Woozi took care of for their club. Without thinking Joshua yanked open the door and walked in making the neck of his guitar bang against the door edges causing his guitar to go off tune. Both you and Joshua looked at his guitar to see his A string broken and hanging loose. You watched Joshua embarrassingly maneuver himself inside and over to you.

You opened your mouth to greet him but when you saw his name badge as Joshua you stopped and turned away from him awkwardly. Why was he using the same guitar Jisoo used? That was the same one you played on…wasn’t it?

Joshua glanced at his own name badge and he suddenly hated himself for ever telling you he had a twin. This was the first time in a long time that he finally saw you, yet he didn’t even know how to greet you.

When Joshua continued to stand there, you looked back at him and gave him a forced smile. Joshua called your name and you tried your hardest not to walk away from him.

“Um…there’s something I need to tell you,” Joshua stated and you looked around wishing Jisoo would show up somewhere. If Joshua was here, his twin should be around too, right? From your reaction, Joshua knew you had no interest in him; you were interested in the other him. He bit the inside of his mouth and took a breath b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter