I Think My Head Cracked

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu walked into the cafeteria and made himself comfortable next to Jeonghan at his usual lunch table where his friends met up.

“Mingyu, I heard something about you,” Jeonghan stated while peeling a piece of roasted chicken with his fingers.

“It’s Friday, I don’t want to hear anything,” Mingyu whined and picked off a strip of meat from Jeonghan’s chicken.

“That’s what happens when you’re on the basketball team and you have half the school in love with you,” Vernon joked.

Curious, Seungkwan asked, “What? What’s going on?” He stopped sipping his apple juice and pulled the red straw away from his mouth.

Seokmin plunged his fork into his green beans and listened to the conversation while chewing some chicken meat in his mouth. Seungcheol sat down on the other side of Jeonghan and gulped down his water while Woozi made himself comfortable beside Seungcheol.

When all twelve of them, minus Dino, seated themselves at the long rectangular table beside large windows in the cafeteria, a girl walked over and handed Mingyu a folded letter. She smiled at him shyly and afterwards walked away.

“Well where’s the rest of our letters?” Seungkwan teased and a few of them giggled with amusement.

“Clearly, she is unaware,” Minghao stated sarcastically and bit off a piece of green bean that was imprisoned by his fork.

“Aware of what?” Hoshi asked. He then picked up a piece of kimbap from his lunch box and shoved it into his mouth.

Dino headed towards the table that his friends sat at. When he got there he put his hands on his hips and whispered apprehensively, “Mingyu, what did you do to that girl back there? She’s crying.”

Besides Dino, like loss kids at a park, all twelve of them began to look around in which Dino replied, “Do you all have to make it that obvious?!”

“Wait, are you talking about the girl that just came by? She’s not crying, she’s right over there,” Woozi stated. He nodded his head towards Mingyu’s new admirer and everyone turned to look at her who was seated at a table with a few of her friends. They giggled in reply when they saw Mingyu and his friends staring at them.

“Dino, what are you talking about? What did I do?” Mingyu asked, recollecting all his friends’ attention back onto him.  

“I don’t know,” Dino shrugged, “But there’s a girl in the hallway over there and she is very unhappy with you.”

“I didn’t do anything,” Mingyu replied defending himself. He then unfolded the letter in his hand.

Joshua listened while he ate a piece of beef off his fork. He remembered the last time a girl cried for him. She had thought he dropped out of school because he was away for a concert performance for two weeks.

“Hey Mingyu, why are you always making girls cry?” Seungcheol teased pretending to be upset and disappointed.

“But why are they crying though? I really didn’t do anything…” Mingyu whined with defeat. Mingyu’s shoulders slouched when he read the words off the letter in his hand.

“Oh, my goodness, she likes you too? She’ll be crying soon too,” Jeonghan deducted while his eyes peered at Mingyu’s letter. Mingyu sighed and gave Jeonghan a worried look.

“You shouldn’t be saying anything Jeonghan. Let us NOT talk about the girls that you made cry,” Wonwoo retorted and Jeonghan quickly denied his statement.

“Wonwoo you should be the last to even say a thing. I swear, every other day a girl is crying over you,” Joshua stated and Seokmin agreed with a laugh.

“Hey Mingyu, do you have a girlfriend?” Jeonghan asked and all twelve pairs of eyes stared at Mingyu in silence.

“No, why?” Mingyu responded.

“The day Mingyu gets a girlfriend is the day Pledis University will have a flood full of tears,” Hoshi reasoned and scooted over offering Dino a seat. He slid his box of kimbap over to Dino allowing him to share it.

“Well the forecast says no flood because I DON’T have a girlfriend,” Mingyu confirmed and looked at Hoshi. His basketball teammates must have spread the story. They looked up to him, so Mingyu knew it wasn’t done with bad intentions. However, the after effects were not sweet at all. Mingyu wondered if he should tell his friends the true story and all that actually happened.

“I told you that’s what happens when you have half the school in love with you,” Vernon repeated and ate a piece of chicken from his plate.

“Vernon, don’t even get me started. You’re the one with all the gifts piling up. Mr. Exchange student,” Mingyu joked making a few of the guys laugh in reply.

“But I’ve been an exchange student for a long time now, that’s nothing new,” Vernon responded confidently.

“But the gifts keep coming,” Seokmin declared and then added, “I wish I got a gift every now and then.”

“Dokyeom, don’t complain, your gift is girls following you around,” Seungkwan stated.

“And like you’re any different, you BOTH sing,” Jun reminded Seungkwan with an emotionless face. Hoshi laughed a squeal at Jun’s reaction causing a few rice pieces to fly across the table. They all laughed at Hoshi while he covered his mouth to keep the rest of his kimbap in.

“You better go apologize to her,” Jeonghan advised sternly while the chicken sauce from his fingers.

“But I didn’t do anything…” Mingyu reasoned.

“At least acknowledge it and tell her it’s not true,” Seungcheol chimed in and reached over to take a piece of chicken from Jeonghan’s plate.

“Well how do I know who to apologize to? I don’t even know who she is,” Mingyu replied with a worried look.

“Hey! Why is everyone eating my chicken? I worked hard on it,” Jeonghan whined.

“Jeonghan, I want some,” Dino begged sweetly with a smile.

“Be glad you’re my baby,” Jeonghan replied and proceeded to collect a few pieces of chicken onto a fork.

“Does that mean Mingyu should apologize to all the other girls who are crying AND those who have already cried?” Woozi inquired jokingly.

“No, that’ll take three years,” Dino answered.

“Well then, I guess it’ll take me five,” Wonwoo stated and a few that sat close by him slapped him for his narcissistic response.

“Then that means Seungkwan will take seven,” Vernon deducted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter