A Hopeless Romantic

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of Wonwoo singing loudly through your phone at 6AM in the morning that next day woke you up in a frantic.

“You idiot!” you screamed as you kicked your blankets off your body.

“Don’t be so upset. So many girls out there would do anything to spend over 12 hours with me on the phone,”

You glanced at the time and sure enough it was way past 12 hours. But you weren’t going to hang up! You were determined to make Wonwoo hang up whether if it took 58 hours or more. A notification that your battery was low made you jump out bed as fast as you could.

“Hah!” you yelled as you saved your phone from dying.

“Hey can you stop screaming?? It’s annoying,”

“You’re the one who was singing super loud earlier. This is only pay back,”

 

After tying his tie and wearing his blazer, Wonwoo walked over to his phone that was placed beside his bed. He picked up the phone and spoke, “Hey, that card you gave me yesterday,”

You listened to Wonwoo’s voice through the phone while you tried to make your bed.

“I really appreciate it,” he finished, and you suddenly wanted to hang up. His voice was handsome and attractive, reminding you of the good deeds he had once done for you.

“To be honest,” Wonwoo continued, “it’s a little too early for Valentine’s Day cards don’t you think?”

“Better early than late,” you replied while patting down the edges to your blankets.

“I guess this year I have a Valentines,”

You stared at your phone and thought about the SVT Fan Café. Wonwoo’s remark was probably the best so far. Whoever it was that had written Wonwoo’s card was definitely going to be very happy very soon. When he wasn’t a total meanie, he wasn’t such a bad person after all. He was actually quite kind.

You walked over to pick up your phone that was blazing hot from being charged. “I’m glad you liked it. You win,”

Wonwoo saw his talk screen close and he suddenly wished it never ended. He had hoped that you would remain on the phone with him; for just a few more hours longer.

 

You headed out to your living room to stare at the snowdrop for the umpteenth time.

DinoChanChan, isn’t it so pretty? Dino read from his phone as he studied the picture that was attached.

It is he replied.

You shut your phone off and placed it back onto the charger. You hadn’t moved your TV back nor have you given the Christmas lights and star back either.

Again, you sent a message to Dino asking who to give the lights to. Unfortunately, the person it belonged to was no one other than Jeonghan.

 

 

Inside the break room you set the box of Christmas lights on a table before heading over to the cafeteria.

When you entered you saw Jeonghan sitting at a square table across from a girl. He spoke to her with a smile, laughing at whatever was being said between them. It was totally him to appear that way. When he spoke to you, he had smiled with bright eyes the same way as well. Although he had never mattered much to you, in that moment you felt a bit betrayed.

You watched him stand up from the chair along with the girl. They were deep in conversation as they walked over towards you who was standing at the door. Jeonghan hadn’t noticed you one bit as he kept his eyes glued to her. You quickly moved out of the way and watched Jeonghan laugh happily as the girl giggled beside him.

Jeonghan’s eyes suddenly met yours and he stopped walking. Normally you would have wanted to run and hide, but in that moment you stood still. The way he looked at you felt distant and strange, as if you and him had become strangers overnight. He greeted you with a small smile but the girl spoke a few words triggering his attention to shift back over to her. And just like that, Jeonghan left the cafeteria without even waving you a goodbye.

 

By 6:45 pm, you were still sweeping the cafeteria. Of course, in the most horrible way. Truthfully, you weren’t really sweeping at all. You had spent the past hours wondering if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter