I Think I like Someone

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That next day you hummed a song while wiping a table down.

“Hey you,” Mingyu greeted as you swung around to see him standing behind you.

“Uh…hi…what are you doing here?” you asked as you shuffled away from him. Mingyu pulled out a seat to the square table you were cleaning and sat down before looking up at you.

“What?” you asked.

Mingyu shook his head, “Nothing. I just wanted to remind myself why I,”

“Mingyu!” a girl called from behind him. You returned to wiping the table as he glanced back to see who it was.

“Hey,” he replied and a few of the girls giggled in response. When his eyes refocused on you he questioned rhetorically, “Where were we?”

“Your table is clean,” you replied.

“Why did you lie to me?”

“Lie about what?”

“You said you wouldn’t be in here, but someone told me you were going to be cleaning the cafeteria for another week,”

You stood there frozen, completely caught in your own lie. Mingyu wasn’t afraid to confront you and the way he looked at you only made you grow extremely embarrassed.

“Ugh, fine. Yes, I lied, but that was because I just,”

“Make it up to me,” he commanded as he leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms.

You let out a mocking sound, “Yeah right. I’m not falling into one of your dirty tricks again. I wasn’t born yesterday,”

“Good,” his eyebrows raised, “otherwise you would be too young for me,”

You rolled your eyes. How would Mingyu know if you were around his age range anyway? Looks are deceiving! Come on, everyone knows that. Well, although his assumption was probably correct to start with, you weren’t going to reveal anything.

“Oh right. I have something for you,” you stated and placed your tools onto his table.

“Really? What’s that?”

You glanced around to search for Lyna and her group of girls just to be safe. That last thing you wanted to do was give them away. When your eyes finally landed back on Mingyu you replied, “I’ll be right back,”

Mingyu watched you walk out of the cafeteria and wondered if that was just an excuse for you to leave him for good. He stared at the cafeteria doors and every time it opened his heart leaped, hoping it was you. When you finally entered he sat up and placed both arms onto the table; weaving his long fingers together.

You placed Mingyu’s card on the edge of the table and slid it over to him. Mingyu glanced at the card and looked up swiftly to meet your eyes. His eyes were round and full of so much surprise that it made you speechless for a few seconds as well.

When you realized the moment of surprise from Mingyu extended past your patience you looked away and grabbed your supplies off his table.

Mingyu’s eyes drifted from you back to the deep red envelope. His name was written in cursive in a metallic silver pen. It was simple with small dazzling silver pearls and his jersey number was printed at the bottom right corner of the card.

He grew nervous as his hands traced the envelope opening; but the anticipation in his bones sent his logistic thoughts into deep water. He quickly pulled the flap free and drew the card out of it’s safe. Mingyu read the card twice and then a third. He carefully folded the card and placed it back into the envelope before standing up from where he sat.

When he called your name you turned around to meet his chest in your face. You swiftly shuffled back to look up at him; who now appeared friendly and exultant.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Mingyu stated and turned around to leave. You watched him walk away, his shoulders leaning in tandem with every step. You eyed him. There must have been something in his letter that made him blissful. Because it didn’t take much to realize that his attitude had completely changed.

 

That evening you pulled out Hoshi’s card to examine the design. You smiled at the details and remembered when you had written letters for Emjae yourself. It didn’t seem too long ago but if they were only memories now, then it definitely was a long long time ago. You reached in to pull out Joshua’s card as well and the memory of his beautiful eyes resurfaced in your mind.

 

You stood outside the guitar room and listened to Joshua strum his guitar faintly from inside. You smiled in the midst of a reminisce and stared at his card in your hand. Beneath his was Hoshi’s, in which you had to deliver next.

You knocked on the door and the vibration of guitar strings stopped. Joshua watched the door crack open as he anticipated seeing your face poke through.

You stuck your hand in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter