Show You Something

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That next day you sluggishly climbed the stairs towards the guitar room with a pack of cleaning wipes in one arm. Every step you ascended included the need to hold tightly to the railing before using extra strength to get you moving.

“I’ve never had a request to clean this room. Why is Mr. Kwon making me clean it?” you wondered to yourself on the way up. You opened the stair doors into the hallway and sighed, “well…at least I get to see Jisoo,”

You walked slowly, unimpressed by the shiny floor below you. The closer you got to the guitar room the louder a song came from inside. The sound of the man singing was Joshua and you smiled a little out of content. The way he played the notes to the unfamiliar song was clean and flawless reminding you of all the good memories you’ve had with him.

You slowly cracked open the door hoping to not disturb him, but as soon as you got it opened, you couldn’t make your way inside. Your heart pounded heavily, making a beat as every word from Joshua’s mouth sunk slowly and painfully into your soul. The lyrics he was singing made you stiffen and numb away into an impassive daze.

“And its breaking my heart, when I look in your eyes, and I don’t see me anymore. When you’re all I’m living for. Baby tell me that you still believe, that you still love me, the way I love you. If you take your love away from me, you know I would die. Cause I’m not ready for goodbye. Baby please pick up the phone. Tell me I’m crazy, I got it all wrong. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I don’t know how to live without you. You are the first song, my heart ever heard. And baby I, I believed every wor--”

You jumped at the sound of your cleaning wipes banging against the ground. Joshua stood up and turned around to see you recovering from your own fright. He quickly placed his guitar on the table and made his way over to you.

“Are you ok?” he asked while slowly pulling the door open. He noticed the troubled look on your face and understood that an answer was unnecessary. He then quickly bent over to grab the cleaning wipes off the floor.

You took the wipes into your hand, “Sorry…”

“That’s ok, you didn’t disturb me or anything,”

Joshua’s voice, like a soft fleece blanket, was tranquil and calming to your ears. The air between you and him was so still that it was almost awkward. Joshua wanted to ask you all about the situation he had heard from his friends, but he knew not to. The way you looked in front of him was enough to verify that you were hurting more than he had ever imagined.

Joshua brightened up with a smile, “Um…I have to show you something,”

“Show me something?”

Before you could object, he took the wipes from you and placed it on a desk nearby. He then grabbed your hand, stringing your fingers firmly into his as he walked you back down the hall towards the stairs you originally came from.

“I’m sorry, I wish the elevators would take us there but only the stairs,” he informed as you began to ascend the flight of stairs with him. Truthfully, it felt more like he was dragging you up the stairs instead.

 

Joshua pushed opened the grey metal door and let go of your hand allowing you to slowly walk through. From the dark stairwell, you stepped out into the orange rays of a lonely sunset. From high up, you could feel the evening breeze gnaw away at your broken heart. The wind shivered your bangs against your forehead while your eyes watered. And whether if it was from the dryness of your eyes or from the sadness in your heart, you weren’t sure.

The sky, however, was beautiful. From the orange base beyond the horizon spilled a shade of blue and pink across the clouds.  You studied it as it reminded you of the canvas you never finished with Jun.

Like a painful goodbye, the sun was setting beyond what your eyes could see. You blinked and focused on the lit-up city buildings that also looked stunning from where you stood. From the ground, the city looked dull, but from the roof of Pledis it looked vast and lovely. Somehow, somewhere from within, you didn’t feel so small anymore.

“It’s better over here,” Joshua stated and again took your hand into his as he walked you over towards the railings. Joshua was right, it definitely looked better. A bigger view of the horizon seemed to help fill the massive vacant hole inside your chest. The endless winds were cold against your skin, yet it felt better than a heavy broken heart.

“I hope you feel better soon,” Joshua stated with a solemn tone.

You looked at Joshua and realized he too knew about Emjae. The brown in his eyes were light and shimmering from the sunset that casted a soft yellow hue across his face and into his hair.

“I’m not sure what happened, but seeing you like this really bothers me,” Joshua tilted his head and added, “I care about you, you know?” You listened quietly as he continued, “Heartbreaks are no fun. They make you feel like you can’t breathe. But the best part about it…is that it is mendable,”

You forced your eyes away from Joshua to stare out into the sunset. You bit your bottom lip to contain yourself. This was definitely not the place to cry. Not in front of Joshua.

“When my grandmother passed away, I came here often to spend time alone. I hope this place can help you too,” Joshua explained as he watched you blink rapidly to hold back your tears.

Joshua then reached up to his chest and began to his serenity blazer. He peeled it off of him and afterwards swung it around you. As he fixed his uniform jacket onto you, he stated, “To be honest, the guitar room doesn’t need any cleaning. I was being selfish. I just asked Mr. Kwon to direct you there so I could spend some time with you.”

“Really? Why?” you asked as your eyes met his.

“I was afraid I wouldn’t reach you. Then I’ll have to miss you after tonight,”

“What do you mean?” your eyebrows scrunched.

“I have a music academy I have to attend for the week. I wanted to show you this place before I left. I can’t have you crying and being sad without having a place to comfort you, you know?”

A small sighing laugh came through your thro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter