Having No Identity

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoshi stood at center stage and placed his arms on his hips. When the director cued an action, the large blinds opened and he pulled Isuel’s body to his. He danced with her towards the front of the stage then twirled her around while other students danced, encircling them. Apparently, the play was taking place in a “dance” environment where everyone else was dancing in partners as well.

Hoshi stabled himself allowing Iseul to bow back while she opened one arm towards the audience. Her other arm clung to his neck while he held tightly onto her waist to prevent her from falling. Hoshi pulled Isuel back up to allow her to wrap both her arms around his neck before the next move.

Hoshi let go and their arms slid pass each other. Right before they lost grip Hoshi grasped her hand and Isuel twirled her way into his arms. They shared a look before he slightly pushed her shoulder allowing her to spiral away from him. They met again, his body behind hers while Hoshi placed his hands on her hips to complete the dance. Iseul reached behind her with her arm and brushed Hoshi’s hair down through his neck before she danced away.

When the song changed Vernon entered the scene and according to the act Vernon took hold of Isuel’s hand and pulled her over to him. Hoshi did what the play ordered by swiftly dancing with another partner that was close by.

The director of the play stopped them and Vernon let go of Iseul. They then all got back into position to redo the whole scene again. Director Jeon critiqued some of the other students, explaining to them that they had to leave room for Vernon and Isuel during the moment of exchange.

 

Again, Isuel ran her hand through Hoshi’s hair down to his neck before Vernon entered to steal her away. According to Hoshi’s memory of the script, although Hoshi was playing as Vernon’s rival, Lady Rosette, who was played by Isuel will end up longing and wanting Hoshi, or at least his character. The ending of the play consisted of Hoshi posing with Iseul and the blinds would then close.

Vernon placed his hands at Isuel’s waist and slowly picked her up to allow her to jump in midair. When she landed she reached for Vernon’s waist and Vernon brushed her hair while allowing her to lean back once again. This time both her arms opened and Vernon stabled her body with his strength by bending his knee. He pulled her back to him and held her fingers while she twirled in front of him. He got on his knees and traced her waist to the music the way the script explained and slid away to allow Hoshi room.

Hoshi let go of his dance replacement and took hold of Isuel’s hand again before twirling her towards him. When Iseul fell into Hoshi’s arms, he ran his fingers from Iseul’s waist up pass her ribs and to her neck. He leaned in, pretending to kiss Isuel as they paused and the lights dimmed. After the curtains closed they parted from their stance and clapped to end the practice. The curtains reopened revealing all the students either walking or lying around.

“WOW!!!!” Seungkwan boasted from the audience while he clapped excitingly. Wonwoo clapped as well and looked over at his overly enthusiastic friend. They were there to support Hoshi and Vernon’s practice; and since Seungkwan loved Vernon’s plays so much he often dragged along a friend. Wonwoo was the lucky one this time.

Vernon gave Hoshi a high-five and they sat down on the sleek floor to rest.

“Acting is exhausting,” Hoshi stated and twisted open a water bottle that a staff handed to him.

“I enjoy it so it’s not too bad for me,” Vernon replied while leaning back and propping himself up with his arms.

“When does Lady Rosette get to be with the main guy?” Hoshi asked.

“There’s a part two to the play but that’s for next semester,” Vernon explained. Hoshi gulped some water down and handed the bottle to Vernon. Vernon took the bottle and poured some water into his mouth as well. Iseul was busy talking to the director while he tried to explain to her how he wanted her to switch between Vernon and Hoshi.

“The play is in the next three days. I’m nervous,” Hoshi expressed while wiping the small speckles of sweat away from his forehead. The lights during practice had made it way too hot for him.

“I know I’m nervous too…” Vernon replied.

Seungkwan and Wonwoo clapped as they entered backstage.

“Vernon! When am I going to witness you winning the girl?” Seungkwan asked while making himself comfortable in between Hoshi and Vernon. Wonwoo sat on the opposite side of Seungkwan with a smile.

“Next semester,” Hoshi responded.

“I have to wait until next semester??” Seungkwan asked.

“So, Hoshi is filling in for a part, right?” Wonwoo inquired.

“Yeah,” Vernon answered.

“Hoshi, you look like you act too. I can’t even tell the difference,” Wonwoo boasted and patted Hoshi on the back.

“That’s because it’s just dancing. I can’t act at all,” Hoshi replied making Wonwoo and Seungkwan laugh in unison.

“Vernon,” Iseul called from a few yards away. Vernon got up and attended to Iseul leaving his three friends behind.

 

“I was thinking, maybe we can go get coffee sometime,” Iseul suggested while putting her bags onto her shoulders.

“That sounds nice…but I’m pretty busy. We’ll have to see when we are free,” Vernon replied. Iseul smiled away Vernon’s rejection.

“This will be my first big pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter