My Memory Loves You

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already February before you knew it. On your way to Pledis University, you could tell the weather had changed. Although it was still cold, there was a difference in the atmosphere.

As you exited the stairwell and into the 2nd floor of the West building, your legs gave out. Your shoulders slouched and your eyes closed out of defeat. If these brown bags continued to come in, you were going to go insane. You rushed over to the break room and yanked the bag off the doorknob.

Before unlocking the room, you opened the bag and peered in to be greeted with more roses and another white card. You took the card out immediately hoping to see a name in this note.

“What’s that?”

You flung around with the bag in one hand while hiding the card behind your back.

“Lyna! Hey!” you greeted and saw her eyes dart towards the bag.

“Roses?” she asked as if the red petals and the way they curled wasn’t obvious enough.

You shoved the bag over to her and then yanked it back, “Wait hold on ok?”

On your way inside the break room, you threw the card onto the table and pulled out the bundle of roses. You counted to see that there was a dozen wrapped with a white bow thus now you had a total of 24 roses.

You unwrapped the bouquet, seized a rose that you had placed in water previously and added it to the new ones. After bundling it back together, you placed them into the brown bag and flexed your shoulders to prepare a speech. As you slid the bag off the table, it knocked the card onto the floor without you even realizing it.

You exited the break room and handed the bag to Lyna.

“Who is this for?” she asked.

“Take it. It’s for you all,”

You watched her open the bag with a smile. “No way,” she stated her eyes round and excited. “Did the Seventeen Carat Club…”

“Yes way. Take it. There should be 13 in there,”

“Who…who dropped them off?” she questioned curiously.

“Busy?” Jeonghan asked from down the hall. You eyed Lyna and she quickly bid you a goodbye before trotting off.

“What was that?” he asked as he approached you.

“What? Oh nothing,”

“I’m free this evening,” he crossed his arms, “let’s clean together,”

“Clean together? Oh no that’s ok, I can do it by myself,” you replied and hurried down the hall.

 

You wiped the windows to a room while Jeonghan brushed the floor with a long yellow broom in his hand. Secretly, you slowly turned to look at Jeonghan who was focused on the floor and humming happily. His blonde hair covered his persuading eyes, shading them away from you.

The sounds of students walking outside of the classroom shifted your attention through the open door and out into the hallway.

“Hey Jeonghan,” a girl stated as she passed by. You watched Jeonghan wave at her with a smile before returning to his chore. Her eyes swiftly landed onto yours and you quickly looked away to continue wiping the window; allowing the girl to have Jeonghan to herself.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“Just cleaning a little,” he replied.

You heard her ask another question but her voice drowned out and soon enough the door closed leaving you in silence. You turned around to see Jeonghan pulling away from the girl and you knew it was the ending to a hug.

You watched him flash his perfect smile while they conversated happily together. The girl giggled, covering and he tilted his head as he placed his hand onto his hip.

After a while of observing them, you returned your attention to the windows. He wasn’t talking to you anyway so why were you so interested in what he was saying to the girl? Although you didn’t want to admit it, you felt slightly anxious, hoping the door would open signaling that the conversation had ended. But instead, when you finally gave up waiting, you looked to realize that Jeonghan was gone along with the girl and the broom.

You walked over to the door, cracked it open and stepped out to look both ways down the hall. If Jeonghan was going to leave, couldn’t he at least tell you??

A preposterous feeling surfaced onto your skin and you hurried back into the room. It was never like you to wonder where Jeonghan was so why would you start now?

By the time you were done cleaning the room, you figured he wasn’t coming back. You locked the room and turned around to leave, walking slowly down the quiet hallway.

Jeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter