2 In The Morning

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first Friday of December. And not only was it the last day of the school week, but it was also the last Friday of the Fall semester.

Seungcheol stared at his phone and reread his messages he had sent you. You hadn’t replied, and he wondered if he had somehow said something to hurt your feelings. It just wasn’t you to give him the silent treatment, at least not for this long. He locked his phone and looked at the last flyer he posted in the main building. The poster was a promotion for the Seventeen Carat Club for the Spring semester and he wished he would have been able to share it with you.

Seungkwan stood on the first floor of the West building with two hot pockets in his hands that had already turned cold. He glanced at them and felt slightly embarrassed. He had been warming food for you for the past two days only to end up eating it alone. The only person he saw in the courtyard was Dino who had been standing out there as long as he had been holding his food.

Dino tapped his foot against the cold concrete while he shivered to warm himself. He looked around hoping you would prance out of a set of doors in any minute. However, the longer he waited the more he began to think you weren’t coming. The snowdrops had grown much taller now and it even grew flower buds. Although they didn’t bloom yet, wasn’t it enough to celebrate with you? Why haven’t you responded to any of his calls?

Jun traced the dried paint on the white canvas with his fingers. The pink straight line you drew was enough to make a small smile exist on his lips. The orange blue colors and seagulls he drew were only an accompany to your pink . He had wanted to finish the painting with you but had been hesitant to ask. What if you refused to finish the painting with him? Well, that didn’t even matter anymore because it was the last day of school anyway. His request would be too late.

Minghao threw the last wooden nun-chucks into his black bag. He froze when he saw your horribly colored scarf staring at him from the corner of his bag. Why hadn’t he thrown it away yet? He began to wonder again what exactly happened to you at Sejong University. He did, indeed, learn that you caused a fire but he never got to hear your side to the story. Truthfully, you were weird to him and he really didn’t care for your existence. But why was it that somehow you had seeped into his life like an infectious virus? He found himself thinking about you more and more and he despised the feeling.

Wonwoo closed his book shut and shoved it into his bookbag. You should have been there by now yet you were nowhere to be found. He had texted you, hoping you would show up to his piano room aggravated like usual, but apparently you hadn’t gotten the memo. School was ending and if he wasn’t able to reach you before then, how would he ever get the chance to truly be a good guy?

Joshua stared at the last colors of the setting sun from the rooftop of Pledis. He had been back from his music academy and now all he really wanted was to see you before the semester ended. He had placed second at the academy and was hoping to share that achievement with you; but now he was starting to think that that wasn’t going to happen. He rubbed his fingers that were growing numb from the cold. When he placed his hands to his mouth to blow warm air onto them, the cold tip of his nose reassured him you weren’t coming.

Jeonghan sat down on a black box in the model room and instead of reviewing the photos in his camera, he pulled out his phone to check if you ever replied to his messages. At the sight of no response he sighed. Had he been too headstrong about how he felt that maybe you had truly grown tired of him? He opened up the text messages he sent you and reread his last words: I miss you!

As Mingyu walked over to the cosmetologist student to get a touch up on his makeup, he pulled free the silver tie that was knotted too snugly against his adam’s apple. However, as soon as he did so, an older woman who styled him walked over to only retighten the tie; this time tighter than the last. This was Mingyu’s last photoshoot of the year and he was sure Jeonghan was as tired as he was. He looked at Jeonghan who was sitting on a black box and totally immersed in his phone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter