Roses and Water

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That next day you had taken a few minutes to write in your journal before attending to your janitor duties. You read the few lines you wrote for the newspaper contest and quickly crossed them out. Why were you not feeling creative at all lately? You tapped your pencil on your forehead and thought for a bit before you began to write again.

Unlike the wet and raining day before, today the wind was blowing, and the air was warm. Dead leaves from plants and bushes scattered and swirled around from the light breeze within the courtyard. It was the perfect Fall weather that you loved. It reminded you of the mountains. Well, at least all the good memories from the mountains. The only difference was that the scent of fresh wood and grass were nowhere to be found.

Seungcheol observed you from afar while you were engrossed in writing. It was normal for him now to see you sitting in Seungkwan’s favorite spot at the fountain.

He inhaled slowly to calm his beating heart before he called your name making you look up from your journal.

You looked around to see who it was that called you. When your eyes landed on Seungcheol, you greeted him with a smile. His uniform still looked ideal on him. Somehow it looked even better now that he wasn’t a stranger. You closed your journal, stuck it back into your satchel and got up to head over towards him.

When you got close enough to him, he headed towards the East building and propped open the door. He motioned with his head for you to enter first and you abided.

“Where are we going?” you asked while looking back at him.

“Waiting for you feels like forever,” Seungcheol complained as he let go of the door allowing it to shut the wind out.

“You were waiting? For what?”

“For you, so we can put the letters up. Together,”

“Oh…” you had completely forgotten that you agreed to help Seungcheol put up new letters in the club room.

 

Seungcheol opened the door to the club room and allowed you to walk in first. You smiled at the sight of the trillions that hung from the ceiling. As ridiculous as you felt, it was like seeing the room for the first time all over again.

“I’ve already brought in two ladders for us,” Seungcheol announced and walked over to the ladders that were set by the large windows.

“You’re removing THOSE letters??” you asked with disbelief. You stared at the pretty letters on the windows while you pulled off your satchel to set it on the ground by the white board. Seungcheol walked over to pick your satchel up and place it on a hook you didn’t even see on the wall. After you removed Minghao’s scarf and your jacket you spent another few minutes admiring the letters that would soon be off the windows.

“Don’t worry. After we take these old letters off, we’ll put the new ones up,” Seungcheol explained. The way you were paying way too much attention to the letters made him shake his head. You hadn’t changed one bit since the first time he met you.

 

You stood there at the top of your ladder while Seungcheol stood on his.

“Where are the new letters?” You asked.

“Oh, they’re over there,” Seungcheol replied while pointing to a corner far across the room.

“Why are you switching them out?”

“Because we have a new theme this year,”

“A new theme?”

“Mmm-hmm. Roses and Water,”

You watched Seungcheol pick at a large letter that was plastered onto the window and wondered how he ended up being the leader for the club. He must have been extremely smart and intelligent. What department was he in? Did he have a subspecialty, and did he perform as well?

Seungcheol could see you looking at him from the corner of his eyes. He couldn’t even complain. Instead he smiled in response and kept his eyes focused on the letter before him.

 

After pulling a letter free from the windowsill you looked up and realized how close you were to the trillions on the ceiling. You glanced over at Seungcheol and hoped he wouldn’t notice what you were planning to do.

When you turned away from him and reached up to poke at a trillion Seungcheol looked over to you. He watched you poke at the trillion again causing it to swing back and forth. Curiously, you studied the diamond while your neck bent left and right. How exactly was it nailed into the ceiling? And was it made of glass? Before you could poke at it again, the trillion unexpectedly came loose. Too quick yet in slow motion, it crashed onto the ground shattering into pieces.

Seungcheol watched you slowly turn to look at him. Your eyes wide and full of fault.

“I’m sorry…” You apologized apprehensively.

Seungcheol secretly loved the way you looked. He had never seen you that way before. Scared, unsure and waiting for his forgiving affirmation. He milked the moment, allowing it to drag on, almost wishing his relationship with you was deeper than what it was. However, before he could soak every part of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter