Smile

I Missed You

The morning of Ohno-san's birthday in Hawaii.

I never thought this much people would be coming at this time. It was still 6 am in Japan. If everything went according to schedule, I'd be back in Japan by 11 pm Japan time.

 

--------------------

 

There was a roar. A couple of hundreds of people were cheering for me as I sang. When I finished, I announced that I would be dancing to "Romeo and Cinderella" sung by Hatsune Mikuo with someone everyone probably knew. Ohno-san. He volunteered to come with me when I told Arashi that I'd be dancing to this song.

 

-------------------

 

I received many gifts and dolls from fans when they were leaving from the concert. I shook each one of their hands as I thanked them. Some said they'd brag about it to their friends and family. I was glad.

We went back to Japan that day.

 

--------------------

 

It was dark by the time we got back. It was 10:30 pm Japan time. I was tired.

"Ohno-san... Thank you for today. Arigatou." I smiled.

"Reena-chan. You look really tired. You should rest. Sleep right when we get to my house." He must've been really worried and nervous for me.

Ohno-san took my hand and pulled me out before we were found. There were mumbles, but nobody came up to us. I was suddenly afraid that rumors would start so I pulled my hand away from him before anyone took a picture of us like this.

 

--------------------

 

I must've been really tired. I was able to sleep well that night.

I hope he...

 

--------------------

~The Next Morning~

 

The alarm clock was ringing and someone was shaking me. I finally woke up to see Ohno-san's face right there. Ohno-san pushed my stomach so I'd be facing up.

"Reena-chan. I want to see your face. Can you move your hand out of your face?" He asked so I did as he told me and he smiled.

He nailed my wrists down the bed. I prepared my legs to kick him just in case. His hands went from my wrist to my hands and his fingers went in between mine. He was looking straight into my eyes and I didn't know where to look. His face came closer. I closed my eyes tightly and he pecked my forehead. I squeezed my hands from fear.

"Haha, you're hurting my hands."

I opened my eyes and let go. He put his arms under my waist and legs. I gasped and grabbed onto the collar of his shirt.

 

--------------------

 

"Erm... I'm really sorry. You're not my type." I bowed and walked away.

"Cut!!!"

I sighed as I sat at the corner of the table.

Why am I doing the lead role anyways? I'm getting too nervous. Others don't even look nervous at all. How do they do that?

"Reeeeeeeeeena-chan!!!" A hyperactive voice called. It was Tegoshi-san from NEWS. I personally didn't like him since we first met. I couldn't. "I can't believe that I would be the one who would be turned down by you in the drama. I thought we'd end up together when I ask you out later in the drama. Like, after you opened up you know what I mean?" He peered into my face. "Hey. You got the lead role. Aren't you happy? Aren't you excited? You look like you're watching a nightmare. What happened? Is everything alright? Do you not feel right?"

I understood that he's worried about me. He's a good person, but I just didn't like how he saw himself and such. I always felt that he saw himself as God or something.

"I'm... Always like this..."

"No way! Really? Wait... Oh yeah that's right! You're THAT Reena-chan!"

He was being so loud and obnoxious. I don't like having people's attention. People were gathering around me and I didn't like this. Everyone was asking me questions until someone grabbed Tegoshi-san by his wrist and pulled him away from me.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?" This was Masuda-san's voice. "Why don't you ever listen? Do you know how much trouble you cause?"

I looked up and called, "Masuda-san!" I paused for a short moment to stand up and walk up to him. "W-why are you here?"

He put both his arms around my waist, pulled me closer, and hugged me tightly. "I just wanted to make sure that Tegoshi wasn't doing anything weird to you. I was worried though I know you got our leader to do that for you considering that you're cousins." He gently kissed my cheek and put his head on my shoulder as my face was heated.

Kei-niichan pulled him away. "Don't take advantage of her shyness and you being her favorite." He pointed out to Masuda-san. "And you. Don't allow anyone take advantage of you. You're cuter than you think, but at the same time, you're capable of doing so much more things than you think you can." He traced the bottom of my eyelids.

I pushed him away. "I know."

"No you don't. That's why you get into certain situations you don't want to be in. Like now. Look at you. You're doing the lead role in a drama. How did this happen? You're not the kind of person who'd do the lead role. I'm happy about it, but is it right for you?"

I grabbed the tip of his shirt and he patted my head, knowing something I didn't. I wanted to be spoiled. It was only something NEWS knew. It was the same for Arashi but it doesn't seem like they remember me aside from Ninomiya-san.

"It's okay now. You can go Kei-niichan." I smiled.

He put his arms around my shoulders for a hug. I put my hands on his shoulder blades and smelled his shirt. He brushed my hair with his fingers as he let go.

"Reena-chan. Good luck with the filming. I'll definitely watch the drama and I'll make sure I'll be the first one to get your second single." Masuda-san waved.

"Reena-chan." I heard Tegoshi-san whisper into my ear. "You want to go out for dinner tonight? Just you and me. Let's trade personal contact numbers."

I knew he was serious about having dinner together but I felt that he was hiding something. I couldn't. I shook my head from side to side fiercely.

"Wh-"

"I'm sorry. I already have plans for tonight. Maybe next time. Sorry." My voice shook with fear as I spoke those words.

He grabbed my hand as if he was mad and stood up. I thought he was going to do something but instead, he gave me his idol smile, pulled me, and put his other arm around my waist. My face was near his chest. I tried to fight against his force but it was no use. Nobody was around.

Was this all calculated?

Just when I was about to scream into his ear, he let go.

"I know you like Masuda more than you like me, so I won't do anything to you. I promise. Sorry I scared you. But remember to go out for dinner with me."

I slapped his arm away and he started laughing. "You sure are an interesting person."

I felt a presence behind me. As soon as I turned around, I was pinned to the wall by that person. Ohno-san's face was right in front of my own. My hands were at my mouth and his arms were next to my waist so I could not escape. He was looking straight into my eyes. I was so surprised and afraid that I wanted to cry. His face looked hurt. He didn't know what to do and I could tell that he was panicking. It didn't seem like he was expecting this.

Why did you come? What about work? Did you find out about me being Tai-chan? Find out. Please find out. Tell me that you found out. I don't want to keep it in anymore.

"Um, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Don't cry. I just wanted to thank you." Thank me? For what? What have I done?

I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to hear anything about it. I reached out for him but he took a couple of steps back to get out of my reach.

Do you not want me touch you?

I tackled him and put my arms around him.

"Tai... Chan..." I heard him whisper and looked up at his face with alert. When I looked up, he was looking straight at me. My face flushed red so I hid it.

Just when Ohno-san was about to say something to me, Tegoshi-san spoke up. "Ohno-san, I think you made her cry."

"She wouldn't cry without any apparent reason."

"What makes you say that?"

"She has a warm heart. She'll cry for others. She's the kind of person who wishes for others' happiness and is able to be sad for the inconvenience that occurred to others. She cries not for her own sadness, but for others'. Is this enough to answer your question?"

My heart was filled with this certain uneasy feeling. What was this feeling? Even so, a smile spread across my face, which was hidden under my hands. Ohno-san was going to say something but he covered his mouth with one of his hands.

"You really got her into a good mood. Teach me. I can't even get her to have a conversation with me and I've known her for years. She was always talking with Masu and our leader. Hey, senpai, are you even listening to me?"

Ohno-san was looking at me as he blushed so I stared back with my smile.

This experience is fresh and new to me. I think I can get it to come in handy for acting in this romance drama. Thank you Ohno-san.

He finally put his hand away to the back of his head and opened his mouth to say what he wanted to before. "I didn't know you could smile like that..."