The Scar

I Missed You

Reena... Reena-chan...

I heard voices in my sleep but it wasn't a dream. I slowly opened my eyes. I could feel my face becoming red. I wanted to hide my face but my wrists were locked above my head.

"You finally woke up." Ohno-san smiled.

Ohno-san wasn't willing to get off of me. He kissed my forehead multiple times. He realized something and removed my bangs from my forehead to see what it was. His eyes widened and a few drops of tears fell on my cheeks.

"So... You... You've finally found out... About... The scar on my forehead..." Tears fell out of my eyes.

"What did you do to get this scar? What happened? Is this why you've been growing your hair this long? Tell me everything." Ohno-san's voice was shaking as he let go of my wrists.

I left my room to talk with Kei-niichan about my scar and what I should do. I asked to go to Ohno-san's house to meet up with Arashi but Kei-niichan was worried. His expression was like when he was afraid of losing me when he heard about the car accident. I could tell he was thinking of the time. I rubbed his back for comfort. I peeked into his face and hugged him. Ohno-san joined for a group hug.

"I'm trusting you Ohno." I assumed Kei-niichan was allowing me to go and stay over for tonight.

"Oniichan, I'll come back tomorrow. Don't worry. You've always worried too much about me." I said knowing how worried Kei-niichan would be if I didn't tell him to keep calm.

I held one of Kei-niichan's hand but Ohno-san took my other hand and pulled me out forcefully. Ohno-san was way too easy to tell. I knew he was jealous. That was the kind of person he was. He became jealous easily. His jealousy always showed up on his face. But that was the proof for me that he cared about me. It showed that he loved me. That's what I loved about him.

 

--------------------

 

The scar I've been hiding to keep everyone from worrying about what happened... Has been revealed... They probably would have been more worried than I thought they'd be if I told them about this scar. I've been hiding the scar for that reason. But... I couldn't help it... I had to hide it. But I caused them trouble. I...

 

--------------------

 

The room was filled and yet, it was silent. I blamed myself. Ohno-san put his arm around my waist. He knew me well enough that he understood that I was having trouble telling the story. It wasn't only him. It was also the other four members of Arashi.

"So... Reena-chan... You want to start telling us the story about the scar?" Sakurai-san started off.

I was going to tell them about this sooner or later anyways. Mind as well tell them now.

"I knew I had to tell you guys sooner or later along with the other stories of my past but I guess I can tell you this much now and tell the rest later." I responded after a short while. "It was a little more than 15 years ago, when my family and I were having a ride back home. We just arrived at America from Japan at the airport for summer vacation. My mother was driving the car from the airport and we stopped at an intersection. The lights turned green and just as we were going across, a truck came roaring from the left side. I was sitting in the middle of the back seat and a piece of shattered glass touched my forehead and left a deep scratch right then and there, but not deep enough to be able to be sewn back together. I didn't feel anything at the time but I knew the injury was a traumatic one. It won't go away."

When I looked up, I was surprised to see one of the members sniffing and crying hearing my story.

I'm so blessed to have someone with me who worries about me. I can't asked for more. I'll be punished if I'm too greedy. I must feel grateful to have these people by my side. I remember I didn't cry that time from trying to act big and tough knowing I wasn't. I'm tearing up.

"Reena-chan, don't you want to cry? Are you thinking of acting tough again? Cry when you want. You even said that for yourself. You won't be able to smile later. Please cry now if you want to cry." I heard Ohno-san's voice shaking next to my ear.

I knew Ohno-san wanted to cry more than I did. "You want to cry together? Then the sadness would be halved."

"Yeah Riida. You talk like a leader but you don't act like one. We'll cry with you. We'll grow with you." Ninomiya-san added.

Ohno-san put me on his legs and hugged me from behind. He dug his face into my shoulder and cried. Tears fell down my cheeks hearing him cry right by my ear. I put my hand on one of his cheeks.

"Momo-chan..." Ohno-san flinched. "Momo-chan, daisuki. I love you. I'm still here. I'm alive. I'm breathing. Don't worry. It's all in the past. It's over. I'm moving on. Don't be so depressed about it or we'll leave you behind."

"But what about your family? What happened to them? Where are they?" Ohno-san asked.

"My parents passed away from the accident. I'm the only survivor. Their cuts and other injuries were too severe. The doctors couldn't do anything to have them recove from those injuries." Ohno-san hugged me tighter hearing this from my mouth.

"But you had school in a few weeks or days right? What happened then?" Sakurai-san asked.

"I wasn't noticed. Not a single person considered thinking about me. They were talk busy with their own group of friends. It was the second year of middle school I believe, so groups were already created and I didn't fit in any of them. I spent my life alone as a bocchi. A loner. I was the true definition of a loner. Time went by and I've gotten used to that kind of lifestyle. I don't know why but I liked it. There was nobody to annoy me." I smiled. "But at the same time, I felt empty inside. My chest hurt. I didn't know why and I still don't, but it hurt. It hurt so much. Although it doesn't bleed, it hurt so much." I laid both my hands over my heart still smiling.

Ohno-san tried to peek into my face but I stood up and made an attempt to escape. He grabbed onto my wrist looking at the floor. I turned and saw him crying. I pulled my hand away from him and slowly walked backwards. I turned and headed for the door.

"Reena-chan!" Sakurai-san called my name but I continued moving forward.

As soon as I left the house, there was someone standing there. I couldn't see the face so clearly because it was too dark, but it was definitely a guy. I heard the door open behind me. Someone came panting from behind. I turned to see who it was. Ninomiya-san. He grabbed onto my hand and pulled me towards himself. My face dug into his chest. His other hand went around my waist.

I felt safe. My eyes were tearing up. I shoved my face to his chest even more. He patted my hair. He wrapped my shoulders with his arms and I started crying of fear.

"Who are you!?" Sakurai-san asked seriously with some humor.

I heard the man chuckle. I thought I heard this voice before somewhere. But who was it? I soon heard his footsteps go away.

When I looked up at Sakurai-san, he was growling and I giggled. I was more relaxed.