Happiness

I Missed You

Ninomiya-san looked shocked for a moment but that shocked face turned into a smile that was forced. "Sure. But only if it's fine with Reena-chan."

My heart was pounding against my chest and I put both of my hands over my heart. I bit my bottom lip and looked down with hesitation. "Actually... I want to have a private talk with Ninomiya-san. Is that okay Ohno-san?"

"Reena-chan, I'll be waiting. Not only for you, but for my Nino also." He smiled as he said that and left the balcony into the hotel room.

Before I could say anything, Ninomiya-san gave me a tight hug.

"Reena-chan... Reena-chan... I..." I heard him say with a shaking voice as he put his arms tightly around my shoulders. His eyes were overflowing with tears. I reached my arms out around his torso and gently rubbed his back.

"Ninomiya-san. Even if nobody else knows about what has been going on in your mind, I knew. I knew that you loved me. You loved me the way Ohno-san loved me. I'm sorry I couldn't answer your feelings. The 'love' I had and still have for you, was and is different from the 'love' you've always had for me. But let me at least say this, I love you."

Ninomiya-san started to bawl. When I noticed, tears were falling down my own cheeks and I was crying along with him.

"Reena-chan. I... I still love you. I still love you this much. My voice was already heard by someone without myself knowing. It was you. I'm glad you were the one I fell in love with. But I still love you this much. I still love you so much. What am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to face our Riida with this feeling still left in me?"

"Ninomiya-san. You can take it slowly. There's a whole world out there. It's just that you didn't take the time to look at it yet. There's a world we don't know about. And in that world, there are things that we should know about. There's still so much more to discover. Let's take it slowly. It may take a lot of time, but it's still worth it. Don't you think? Everything starts with a single step. Whether the step is big or small, you have to start somewhere. You'll get closer to whatever you're going for by that much. Look forwards. Leave whatever that's behind, behind."

"That letter... That wasn't the only one you sent while you were gone this past 15 years right? Did you only send letters to Riida?"

"I sent letters to every single one of you. I sometimes sent a letter to the group as a whole, and other times, to individual members, including you."

Ninomiya-san sighed in relief and slowly let go. "I'm glad. I was so worried. Riida and I were so worried about you together. We were worried as a group. Especially the first few years since our debut. But you suddenly appeared in front of us at the jimusho. You appeared as a wonderful adult. To tell you the truth, we all felt the same aura from you. It was the same kind of aura Tai-chan had 15 years ago before she disappeared without warning. You haven't changed at all aside from the fact that you attempt to have a conversation with us now. I wish you and Riida eternal happiness."

I opened my mouth to say something, but instead, I smiled and thought for a moment. But no matter how much I thought, I couldn't find the right words to give him. I only found myself slowly frowning and biting my bottom lip. Tears were falling again and I tried to hide my face. I felt warmth around me but at the same time, I felt cold.

"Ninomiya-san. I hope you'll find your happiness. Don't act tough. Especially in front of us. We care more than you might think. We're like a family, are we not? Whether we argue, whether we hate each other at times, that's only for the time being. We love each other and have fun at the end of the long run. That's what a family is right? You know, after losing my family in middle school, you were the only family I had left who were alive. I've experienced so much love through you guys. I was able to come this far because I knew I had the support of you guys. You kept pushing me forward to reach the point I always wanted to reach. You were always what motivated me.You were my motivation all this time. So please, trust us even if it may seem hard at the moment. We're a family."

Work hard. Your happiness might be closer than you think it is, Ninomiya-san. Look forward, and move forward. Don't ever look back. Even if you fall, we'll be here to pull you back up. Clear the fog. We'll be rooting for you. Always. We're your other family.

"Reena-chan. Let's go back in." Ninomiya-san patted my head.

I opened the balcony door to enter back inside and there I saw, Ohno-san sleeping on the couch with both of his arms over his eyes. I walked over to him and kissed his cheek. He smirked and suddenly hugged me. I fell on the floor and Ohno-san was on top of me. His hands were next to my face and his legs were next to my waist. This made me nervous but remembering that Ninomiya-san was there, I pushed Ohno-san away. I leaned against the couch and hid my face.

"Did you really have to kick my stomach Reena-chan?" Ohno-san sat up chuckling.

Ninomiya-san started giggling. Then slowly, his giggle started to turn into a laugh. Hearing him laugh like that made me smile under my arms. I looked up at him and showed him my smile. I was glad to hear his laugh and see his smile. He sounded so natural. He looked at me surprised for short moment, but he smiled once again. He walked towards me and hugged me. He gently kissed my cheek after thanking me and let go.

Ohno-san and I sat on the couch together while Ninomiya-san went back on the bed. I dozed off sitting next to Ohno-san. He was very warm. He was like the one and only pillow I've always been looking for all these years I've been alone.

 

--------------------

 

"Reena-chan. Reena-chan."

Someone was shaking me but I felt so comfortable. Then I felt my body sink. When I slightly opened my eyes, I saw a face up close. I knew it was Ohno-san, so I hid my face with the sleeves of my sweater and tried to roll over.

"You're both lovey-dovey from the moment you guys wake up. I wish I was the one who was marrying Reena-chan." Sakurai-san spoke.

"That won't happen. She'll choose me over you Sho-chan." Matsumoto-san immediately denied what Sakurai-san said.

"What are you guys saying? She would've chosen our Riida either way. And don't you already have a girlfriend MatsuJun?" Aiba-san stepped in.

"Ohno-san, can you get off of me? This is embarrassing." I spoke up.

"Oh it embarrasses you? Then I won't. I like seeing you get all embarrassed. Not only that, but I want to see you be embarrassed even more." Ohno-san smirked.

"Ohno-san! I know it's the day after our date and all but I have work today unlike you! Please let me go!" For the first time in my life, I yelled.

"Fine. But I think you didn't have to say it like that." Ohno-san's tone changed as released me. He stood up and left the room.

I was trembling with fear that Ohno-san might hate me.

"Reena-chan. Riida is probably regretting right now that he didn't consider your feelings as much as he should have. He's also probably shocked that you yelled at him with anger for the first time." Sakurai-san was trying to comfort me.

Yelled at him with anger for the first time? Is Sakurai-san trying to imply that I yelled at Ohno-san before? For what reason?

"From the expression you have on your face, you probably don't remember the first and last time you yelled before this one. It was 15 years ago, the last time you came to meet us at the jimusho. Your cousin was dragging you out of the room saying that you had to leave and he didn't allow you to tell us goodbye." A tear dropped down Sakurai-san's face.

I couldn't recall the incident, but I remembered about my job so I hurried to be ready. I dashed up to Ohno-san and kissed his cheek.

"Um... I'm assuming someone drove here. Can someone give me a ride to work please?" I asked reminded that Ohno-san brought me to the hotel.

"I drove here. Let's all go back together shall we?" Matsumoto-san stood up from the bed. "Come on Ohno-san, let's go." He patted Ohno-san's shoulder.

We all hopped into the car and Matsumoto-san started driving. Ohno-san and I were holding hands the whole trip.

"You get along after such thing happened." Ninomiya-san said during the ride.

Ninomiya-san always noticed the small things that sometimes embarrassed me. I hid half of my face with one hand and stuffed the rest of my face into Ohno-san's arm.

"They're such a cute couple." Matsumoto-san said as he looked at the mirror.

 

--------------------

 

"Thank you for last night and the ride. I'll do something for you as long as it's in my reach." I said as soon as I got off the vehicle.

Ohno-san put his hands on my shoulders and told me, "You just have to marry me and stay with me. I don't need anything else."

Hearing this, I felt like I knew what Ninomiya-san was going to say. All I had to do was stay happy with Ohno-san and be Ninomiya-san's therapist. That was the kind of person Ninomiya-san always was. He worried about me a little too much.

"Niini." I looked over Ohno-san's shoulder towards Ninomiya-san.

Ninomiya-san looked back at me surprised from hearing his nickname once again since 15 years ago when we last met. He walked next to Ohno-san.

"Niini. Daijoubu dayo (it's okay). Don't worry about us. Worry about yourself more. I know you probably won't change no matter what I say to you right now, but please. Just this one wish, would you make it come true? I worry about you. That's all I can do, I guess, as a thank you. So don't worry. Only worry about yourself. And when you need me, I'll go to wherever you are when you need me to comfort you. I'm your therapist." I hugged Ninomiya-san tightly from below.

As I let go, Ninomiya-san pulled me and hugged.

"Hey Nino, you're making Reena-chan late for work." Aiba-san interrupted his hug.

"Oh that's right! I have to go Niini! See you guys again later!" I waved at the five of them as I went into the building for work.