Aiba-san's Birthday

I Missed You

I took deep breaths and was prepared for what was to come. Kei-niichan held onto my hand in case of any emergency. As soon as the pain was gone, the lights went off and it seemed that this house was the only one that went out.

"Kei... Niichan..." My voice was shaking.

I grabbed onto his hand so we won't be separated. I wiped my tears with the tip of my sleeve and leaned on his shoulder.

We waited... And waited... And waited... But nothing happened.

By the time I noticed, I was asleep.

 

--------------------

 

I woke up from the ringing of my alarm clock... Or at least I thought I did. I tried to reach out to my ringing alarm clock but my arms wouldn't budge. My wrists were taped together behind my back, my ankles were tied together, and my mouth was taped.

I least I can still see. Where am I? Is this a basement? Where's Kei-niichan? I can hear cars passing by. This place must be close to the outside world.

"So you woke up. How do you feel right now Yoshimura Reena-chan?" There was a sudden voice.

I looked around and the tape on my mouth fell from the moisture coming out of my mouth.

"Ah..." This voice is definitely Tegoshi-san. "Who is it? What would you like from me? Please let me go... There are people waiting for me. There must be people who love you. Those who worry about you. You might not know it, but they must exist. So please, would you let me go before it becomes a big deal... Tegoshi-san?"

A blond man appeared in front of me. "Reena-chan, you are correct. I stalked you. I stalked you to one of the Arashi member's house seeing that you left your cousin's house. I was the one who was in the dark shadows and chuckled. I'm the one who shot you in the shoulder. It was all because-"

"I hate you." I said with a serious face. "I hated you but I hate you even more now, now that I know that my prediction was correct. It was you after all. You did this because I didn't love you the way you wanted me to, correct? You loved me but I hated you. I didn't want to accept your love. But that's not true at all. Just because I don't love you doesn't mean that I hate you. But you were annoying. I liked you at first. I liked you, but I started to become annoyed of your attitude and actions that I couldn't take it anymore. I started to dislike you. I started to hate you. Even though I hate you, there is a part of me who still cares for you. I still care. So please understand. Let me go."

"No. I don't want to let you go. Not until you look at me. I want you to look at me and only me. Why are you always looking the other direction? Why are you always looking at Arashi? At Masu? At our leader? Why won't you look at me?"

"What are you saying? Yes, I might be looking at others more than I look at you, but I look at you too. I look at you from far. Because I was afraid... I was afraid that you'd do something wrong. You would've caused trouble to someone if I didn't keep an eye on you whether the trouble was to me or someone else. I didn't want you to be in trouble."

Tegoshi-san took a look at his watch. "I'm going to be late for work. Here sit up." He held my shoulders and had me sit upright.

I mumbled, "What's the point of going to work if I'm not there?" Tegoshi-san turned around at the door and looked at me so I repeated with a louder voice, "What's the point of going to work if I'm not there?"

"Well wouldn't it be unnatural if I didn't go? Wouldn't they suspect that I'm doing something to you since you're always so shy around them? Wouldn't it be suspicious because I said that I wanted to marry you yesterday? Seriously... I thought you were smart enough to know that."

"Then let me go with you. I'll do anything I can do for you to let go of me and leave."

He looked down and kept silent for a moment. After the long silence, he left me behind. I was left alone in this dark room. I clenched my teeth.

 

--------------------

 

I got bored of just sitting and waiting for something to happen so I started rolling around to get a better look at things. Rolling around, I found that there was no clock in this room. I sat up with the force of my legs.

What am I supposed to do? I don't have my phone with me and I can't move as I wish. It's not the time to fantasize about my past life. I have to do something... But what? Oh... I can talk freely. I can roll to the door and yell. There's a bit of space between the door and the wall. I can go behind the door to hide when it opens and yell for help. Not today though. I have to know and understand his plan on what this is all about. What is the reason he brought me here? What is he going to do? Has he been jealous of Arashi, Masuda-san, and Kei-niichan all this time like Kei-niichan was jealous of Arashi? I have find out...

 

--------------------

 

I was nodding off and the door opened. It was completely dark out.

"Reena-chan, you didn't eat all day. Don't you want to eat something?" Tegoshi-san asked me.

"I wonder why... It's okay, I'm tired and I want to sleep. Let me sleep."

Just when I was about lay down, Tegoshi-san brought a blanket and pillow. When I laid down, he put another blanket on me. It was early December and I was shivering. I couldn't sleep with my arms and legs tied together anyways.

"Tegoshi-san, are you there? Can you at least take the tape off of my wrists? It's difficult to sleep like this."

"You promise not to escape?"

"I promise. I won't leave until you allow me to. Don't you want to get some rest also? You've been working all day haven't you? Don't you want to go to your warm room and sleep or something?" When Tegoshi-san finished taking the tape off as he had his arms around me so he chose to close his arms and hugged me. "I want to make sure you're safe. I want to make sure you won't get hurt again like I when I shot you and people in your grade mentally hurt you."

"Does that mean that you regret shooting me Tegoshi-san?" When I asked the question, he hugged me even tighter. "I'll take that as a yes. I'm extremely tired from everything that happened today. Please allow me to get some rest." He let go of me and cautiously put me down.

I faced the wall and a few drops of tears fell down my face. But I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I was afraid.

Does everyone know that I've gone missing? Kei-niichan and the Arashi members must be worried about me. Especially Ohno-san and Kei-niichan. Is it on the news? Someone... Save me...

 

--------------------

 

About a week must have passed since I've been taken away. There was no big change and I didn't know what was happening outside of this room.

Tegoshi-san came back from work. "They're really worried about your sudden disappearance since you usually contact them if you're not going to work. Here, I got food for you to eat up." My wrists were tied together so he took the chopsticks and tried to feed me but I refused to eat. "Reena-chan, you haven't eaten the whole week you've been here. Why don't you want to eat? I'll shove it in your mouth." I kept my mouth shut knowing that he wouldn't do it. He paused for a short moment and scratched his neck. "Are you worried that I put poison in it or is it just that you're worried about what's going on outside? You're disappearance was on the breaking news when I turned the television on the first thing this morning. It must've been on for quite a while now. You're fans are going crazy. They're looking for you even if they don't have to. They're looking for you along with the investigators. They're wondering why you disappeared. They all miss you. I can't let you go. You can't go back looking how you look now. You've lost some weight because you're not eating the things I bring you. I love you this much and you refuse to accept it." He started crying. It was a side of him nobody, not even his fans, knew about. It was only me and the NEWS members.

I tried peeking into his face. "Tegoshi-san, please, if you really do love me, would you let me go? You don't want to leave a bad impression to your fans do you? You know better than this. You're a better person than this. I'm sorry I can't answer your feelings. I was in love with one of my childhood friends my whole life. I still love him and he loves me back. It was my first time. He was the first person to love me back for the first time aside from Kei-niichan. He was the first person to see all the bad in me, and still accept me as who I was. He was and still is my ideal man. Please allow me to go. I can't bear this anymore."

Tegoshi-san bit his bottom lips. "Sorry. Sorry I still can't give up on you. I want you. I need you. If you get married, we won't be in the top ten of the rankings together anymore. I can't allow that to happen. Not yet."

"It's okay. I'm not planning on getting married in the next few years." This lie put a knot in my heart. "So don't worry. You don't have to worry. I don't know what ranking you're talking about, but don't worry about it. I won't be in any relationship with anyone."

"Just a while more. Just a few more days. Just a few more weeks." Tegoshi-san said trembling.

That was when I remembered. Aiba-san's birthday was coming up in just one and a half weeks.

"Then let's make a deal Tegoshi-san. I'll stay here for one more week, but for one week only. While I stay for the one week, I'll eat and do whatever I can for you. I'll cook. I can't go grocery shopping considering I disappeared according to society, but at least let me move around a bit more freely. I promise I won't leave or open the door. It's painful having my ankles tied all day and my wrists tied during the day."

There was a long moment of silence after I said those things. Then Tegoshi-san spoke up. "Reena-chan, keep your promise."