A Sudden Shock

I Missed You

"Miyake-san! Happy new year. Best regards this year and hope it'll be a great one!" I said as I ran and jumped onto his back, surprising him.

"Woah, Reena-chan! Happy new year! How are you?"

"I feel great! How about you?"

"I'm so glad and excited to see you here. Let's do our best this year. Hope we can be together in a show or drama or just something other than holiday events you know what I mean?"

"I completely understand. In fact, I really hope so too. I want to meet you at a different occasion. Let's make it happen this year."

"Reena-chan!" I heard someone call.

I turned and saw that it was Tegoshi-san. "Oh, it's been a while. Happy new year. What is it?"

"I just wanted to tell you in case you didn't hear. There's going to be a second part of the drama but it appears that I wasn't supposed to be one of the main characters in Hatsukoi so the second part of the story will be twisted a bit." He explained.

"Is that so? Oh well. If the creator says so then I guess we just have to go along with it."

"Tegoshi you're so lucky to be able to act in the same drama as her!"

"Too bad. You're not the romantic type."

"What the heck? Your attitude changed so suddenly. Why can't you treat me like you treat Reena-chan?!"

I smiled and joked. "Yeah Tegoshi-san! You're so mean!"

He smiled and walked away as if nothing happened.

"I'm so jealous of him. He gets to act in a drama with you."

"But you're not the kind of person who would act in a romance."

"You think so?"

"It is so." I smiled at him. "I don't think I ever saw you act in a romance before."

Miyake-san held onto my shoulders and looked into my eyes.

Miyake-san? What are you going to do? Why are you looking at me that way? What is it that you want from me? Your eyes are so serious, it's scary.

Reena-chan... He mumbled to himself.

Miyake-san? Are you okay? Get hold of yourself. Why are you looking at me like that? You're scaring me. I held onto his hands.

I looked into his eyes but he wasn't looking back at me. His eyes were swimming. Worried, I dug my nails into his skin to see how he would react. It seemed that he was in pain but he wasn't acting like his usual self, so I searched for Okada-san. Fearing that Miyake-san would wander off somewhere, I brought him with me. When I found him, I asked him to help out. I asked questions to Miyake-san but his answers and attitude were different than usual.

"What the heck happened? This isn't an act right? I think we should bring him to the hospital. What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know either. I was talking with him and when Tegoshi-san left, he suddenly grabbed onto my shoulders and looked at me intently." I explained. "He wouldn't react even if I pinched him. Something's definitely wrong."

"You stay here. I'll ask some others to help out."

When Okada-san left, I felt a sudden shock through my body. The warning was later and different than previous times. I was having a headache and I wasn't feeling so well.

Oh please, not on New Years Day. If it's today, then this whole year will be filled with troubles. Please don't do this to me.

I tried taking deep breaths to calm my nerves.

Someone dashed up to me.

"What happened? What's wrong? Does your head hurt? Hey Miyake! What are you doing just standing there? She's in pain right in front of you and you're leaving her be?" I knew I heard the voice somewhere I just couldn't remember who this voice belonged to.

Okada-san came back with a few others who knew Miyake-san well.

"Nagase! Watch and take good care of her? Just don't do anything weird. You don't know what'll happen since she's related to NewS's leader and she's going to marry."

Nagase? Nagase Tomoya-san? The big dude from TOKIO?

He picked me up and carried me like a prince would carry his princess. He brought me under a shade of a tree, where I could sit. My hands were at my head and I struggled.

Then I felt a thump, like something hit my head. My vision wasn't clear. What I saw in my left eye and what I saw in my right eye were overlapping. I could see someone standing in front of me. That person started approaching me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

Why can I see a person even if something is wrong with my vision?

"You can see me? You see me don't you? You just asked who I was. Answer my question. Do you see me?" She commanded me.

"Yes. I can see you. You're walking this way."

"You are correct. I'm walking your way. You were at the mans house the other night yes? I just wanted to thank you. Without you, I wouldn't have been able to get out."

"Wait, what do you mean? What have I done?"

You invited people to his house didn't you?

"I only invited people. The man you speak of only volunteered to have our party there. Let me ask you something since I answered some of your questions. Are you a spirit who took over his body?"

She smiled.

"Yes. I wanted to escape the place. That's all. And, he was asleep. He woke up and left the house without be being able to completely take over. Please don't misunderstand that I'm going to do something wrong to him. Like jumping off a cliff."

"Would you like to leave his body? Would you like to go to the other world instead of being stuck in this place?"

If it was possible for me to go, I would've went already. That's why I'm here.

"Why do you think so? What is the benefit of you taking control of his body? You're only hurting yourself."

"Can you do anything about it then?"

"Yes." I answered firmly. "You can tell me everything. Everything that happened. Why you became a spirit. Why you might think that you still exist in this world as a spirit when you should've gone to the other world already."

I stood and slowly walked up to her. I held her pale and cold hands.

"What are you going to do to me?"

I closed my eyes and emptied my mind. "Stay still. Don't move. This woman must go. She does not belong here. Please take her to where she should be. In the rightful place. In the other world, where she will be happy. Where she will be satisfied. A place, where she would be loved and cared for, unlike here, this dirty world."

"What is going on? What have you done?"

"I took all your misery from you. The sadness of being alone here as a spirit, not being noticed by anyone. You shall go now. There's a whole new world waiting for you."

I smiled brightly at her but she was glowing even brighter than my smile. Her feet lost touch with the ground as she neared the other side.

"Thank you. Thank you for the time. Thank you for listening to me. I guess what I wanted this whole time was for someone to listen to me. Someone I could open my heart to. Thank you for everything. I am Uchimura Keiko. See you next time."

"I'm Reena Lee, or Yoshimura Rina. Whichever you prefer to call me."

"Rina... What a pretty name."

She was out of sight.

After a few moments, I could feel someone shaking me. My cheeks were poked and squeezed.

I yelled as I sat up. I stood in front of Miyake-san and pointed at his face.

"What happened? Is something on my face? Is my face dirty?" He questioned.

"That's... Your face." I was surprised.

"Um... May I ask who you were speaking to? You were saying something." Nagase-san asked.

"What do you mean I was saying something? Didn't you see?"

"Reechan, what are you talking about? You were talking alone. It seemed that you were talking to someone but there wasn't anyone around you. Do you have a fever?"

"Uchimura... Keiko-san. Do any of you know who Uchimura Keiko-san is?"

Ohno-san suddenly showed up in front of me and squeezed my cheeks. "How do you know that name? Spit it out!"

"I might have seen her spirit."