Don't Hold Back

I Missed You

I raised my hand to knock the door but stopped before my knuckles touched it. I took a moment to breathe and wondered what was there to come.

With the tip of my fingers of both of my hands, I touched the door and looked down, lightly putting my forehead against it. I closed my eyes gently and breathed.

An image entered my head. I heard cars passing by as I walked with another man at night. It wasn't clear of who it was though. I was brought in front of a building. The man opened the door and there was a woman on the other side already waiting for him. I heard my heart beat loudly once, stopping me in my breath.

Suddenly, the door opened and surprised me. I opened my eyes and looked up to see who it was that opened the door.

"Reena-chan! There you were. We've been wondering where you were. What were you doing here? You're late. Come in." Ohno-san allowed me in.

"Sorry. I dozed off. There are other people?"

"Oh, I didn't tell you?"

"No... You just texted that you had an important talk... Nothing about others being here."

"Well, you'll see in a bit."

I followed Ohno-san into the living room and saw that the other Arashi members were sitting around the table. Together, they threw paper flakes at me as they told me happy birthday.

"Can I cry?" I asked as I had my hand over my mouth.

"This is your first birthday since you've returned. Of course you can. There's no need for you to ask permission." Ohno-san petted my head.

"Wait, what's the important talk though?"

"I don't know... You tell us. What are you hiding?" Sakurai-san asked.

He noticed long ago.

"Sakurai-san, when did you notice?"

"Around the time when you made that one mistake while filming for the drama. It was easy to tell. You weren't even hiding it so well so I told them about it."

"Wasn't that around Ninomiya-san's birthday? That was more than a month ago. Why not earlier though?

It was too early. Ninomiya-san told me. Because, we've met for my birthday and we couldn't meet up again just for that reason. So we waited for the right moment."

"But then, why on my birthday?"

"It's been just a little more than 16 years since you lost your parents from the car accident. You said you saw a vision right? You felt a sharp pain in your head. We thought it was that headache that has been bothering you for the past month."

"Well, it is true but..."

Ohno-san took my hand and pulled a seat for me.

"First, take a deep breath Reena-chan. And think about what has been going on around you or to you. You should realize something. Even think about what happened yesterday or today. Think about what what happened before you came here." Matsumoto-san suggested.

"You're right." I should.

I took the seat and breathed. I reflected on my days that I've been working with Sakurai-san. But all I could get out of it was the sharp pain when I saw Ohno-san's face when he opened the door on Ninomiya-san's birthday and before I entered here just a short moment ago.

"You think of anything?" Matsumoto-san asked with his cup of beer in his hand.

"Reena-chan, you know it's better for you to get it out there." Aiba-san reminded me.

"You're right." I said as I looked down and clenched my fists on my knees.

"On Ninomiya-san's birthday, Ohno-san opened the door. When I saw his face, pain struck through the top of my head. Since then, nothing has really happened to me that relates to the incident that is to come. Well, there was that scandal with Sakurai-san but I don't think that's it since I felt pain when I saw Ohno-san's face."

"Are you sure that was it? Did you have any weird dreams?" Sakurai-san asked.

Ohno-san was touching the tip of my hair.

"Actually, there's something else. It happened right before Ohno-san opened the door a moment ago. Well, I guess not right before, but a short moment before it happened."

Ohno-san put his arms around my shoulder from behind. I felt his chest against the back of my head and looked down. I felt his breath tickle my ear making me stiff and nervous. I couldn't think properly with him so close to me.

"Riida, stay away!" Ninomiya-san hit his head.

Ohno-san let me free from his embrace and I took a breath.

"What are you doing to her!? Her face is all red now!" Ninomiya-san scolded him.

"Both of you, let her continue!" Matsumoto-san yelled.

"Ah, thank you Matsumoto-san... Sorry... Um, when I arrived here, I remembered of what happened on the day of Ninomiya-san's birthday so before I knocked on the door, I gently touched the door with the tips of my fingers and forehead. I closed my eyes and saw myself walking with a man to a building. He opened the door and there was a woman on the other side. When I saw the woman, it felt as if someone was choking me. Then I opened my eyes and Ohno-san was in front of me with the door opened to welcome me in." I put my hand to the side of my head.

"You had a pain in your head when you saw Ohno-san and you had a vision of walking with a man? Couldn't it be that that man is Ohno-san?" Sakurai-san suggested.

"I don't know... It could be..."

"Wait, you didn't have a headache or anything before you saw the vision?" Aiba-san jumped as he mentioned about the headache.

"Oh, right. My headache. The pain. You're right Aiba-san. What happened? That's a really interesting observation... I should think about that when I get back to Kei-niichan's place..."

What is going on? How did I do that? It's not like I wanted to? It just happened. That's quite amazing. This is my first time. Why is it that I didn't have a headache this time but I did the previous times? What have I done?

"Well, I guess that's it. We can talk more about it next time we meet up again. It's not like we know when this is going to happen. It shouldn't be any time soon right? Happy birthday Reena-chan!" Ninomiya-san suddenly changed the subject to me.

"That's what Ohno-san called you for anyways. Cheers!" Matsumoto-san started drinking before we gathered together around the table.

"Would you like a cup of beer Reena-chan?" Ninomiya-san offered a drink.

"I'm sorry, I don't drink alcohol. Thank you for the offer though." I smiled.

"Then what are you going to drink?" Ohno-san asked as he sat next to me.

"I'll just drink water. It's no big deal. Don't worry about it you guys. It's just a drink."

"Are you sure? Should I get you juice or something?"

"No, it's okay. I'm fine Ohno-san."

"Okay... Well, eat up."

I smiled looking at the okonomiyaki and takoyaki. I hid my face with my arms and chuckled, confusing the others.

"Reena-chan, what's so funny?" Ninomiya-san asked.

"Because, it's okonomiyaki and takoyaki. Who would have thought these would be served at a birthday party? Is this even a party? What is this even? Why are we doing this?"

"We simply didn't have time! And you're always doing something for us."

"No, it's completely fine. I forgot about my own birthday until someone mentioned it anyways. You didn't have to do this."

"We wanted to so we did. Don't hold back." Sakurai-san reached out for a plate.

I took an okonomiyaki to my plate and started eating.