The Other Side

I Missed You

"I can't be as strict as your mother Tai-chan. I allow this marriage. You two get along very well to being with and I think Tai-chan's family would have gladly agreed." Ohno-san's mother told us as she smiled.

"Mom, can I ask you one more thing? Can you not tell anyone about this? I want to keep it as secretive as possible." Ohno-san asked his mother.

"If that is both of your wishes, I would not tell anyone. I'm telling your father though."

"Thanks mom, you're the best."

"Thank you mother. We'll make sure to contact you when we know the date, time, and place this wedding will be held." I bowed to her and we stood up.

"No problem. And you can just call me mom. Oh, Tai-chan, won't you stay here tonight? You always wanted to stay over when you were younger. You don't have a place to live yet correct?"

"No, it's okay. Don't worry about it. I'm heading to my cousin's home tonight. He's been waiting for me to come in for quite a while. I can't make him wait any longer."

"Oh really? Is it also because Satoshi won't be staying?"

I chuckled. "No mother. Not at all. I'd still gladly stay and help you out even if he wasn't staying with me. It's just that I don't know this place too well."

"Good luck with everything. Don't push yourself too far."

We waved as we left.

 

--------------------

 

We arrived near Kei-niichan's house. I was going to pay for my amount of the taxi but Ohno-san didn't allow me. He was willing to pay everything.

"Reena-chan, be careful. It's dark out." I heard Ohno-san warn me as I got off and the taxi left.

 

--------------------

 

I pressed the doorbell, I heard a ring from the other side of the door. The door opened.

"Ah, Reechan. Come in." Kei-niichan opened the door.

I entered and the first thing I saw was a painting on the other side of the hall. There were two doors, one on the left and the other next to the painting. I entered the closer one. It was the living room which was very neat that I could see the floor glittering. Very comfortable black couches were surrounding the table in the middle of the room. Across one of the couches was a large TV. I slightly opened my mouth in awe. The place changed dramatically since the last time I visited.

"Reechan, you want to say something right? Not about the room but something else. I know your face when you need to say something." Kei-niichan stood beside me.

"I wonder if I'm really allowed to marry Ohno-san. I've only just debuted and I'm already marrying someone so famous and a member and leader of a very popular group around the world. Is it really okay with someone like me?"

"You're saying that now? You've known each other for like, what? 20 years? You guys are totally crazy over each other and you both can do things your partner can't. I've never seen such a perfect couple. I went to your live concert and you were very synchronized. It was difficult to believe that you haven't met in 15 years."

I put my arms around Kei-niichan and shoved my face into his chest to start crying.

"You don't have to cry..." Kei-niichan sighed as he smiled.

I heard the door open and close. The source of the sound came from the entrance. I immediately looked towards the door of the living room.

"Kei-niichan, did you hear the front door open?"

"I didn't hear anything. It's probably your imagination. You haven't changed after all." He chuckled.

No... I definitely heard something open and close. It can't be my imagination.

Kei-niichan had me sit on one of the couch while he got some tea.

The door to the living room opened. I didn't dare to look back but instead, I had my eyes shut. I heard three mug cups being put on the table. The door didn't close with a slam but with a soft click. I heard two voices chuckle.

"Reeeeena-chan." I heard my name whispered into my ear.

I flinched and bent my body to the left.

"Reechan, what are you doing? Feel free to open your eyes."

I shook my head.

"Why not? Don't you want to drink tea? Take a sip before it gets cold."

I slowly opened one eye. When I opened my other eye, everything went completely black. I couldn't see anything.

I yelped and I heard another whisper, "Guess who."

"O-Ohno-san... It's Ohno-san correct? Why are you here? You left with the taxi. Can you take your hands off my eyes?"

Ohno-san took his hands off and put his arms around my shoulders, "I wanted to surprise you. You're always expressionless. We barely have any pictures of you with an actual expression aside from a frown. I want to have more memories with you."

"Do you want to sit? I'll sit on the floor. Actually Ohno-san, sit on the couch. I'm sitting on the floor." I pulled Ohno-san's wrist and had him sit on the couch.

I sat in front of him in between his legs. I put my arms around his legs to feel safe. It was comfortable sitting like that.

"Reechan you're so unusually aggressive today what happened? You're filled with energy. Is it the energy leftover you were supposed to use for your drama today?" I think Kei-niichan was trying to tease me.

 

--------------------

 

I was nodding off.

"Reechan get to bed. You had a rough day and you have work tomorrow. Your room is the first door upstairs. I'll carry your suitcase."

"Kei-niichan..." I reached my arms out to Kei-niichan. "I want a hug. Can you give me a hug?"

Kei-niichan sighed and put his arms under mine so my arms would be on his shoulders.  "Here, Reechan, stand up. You'll catch a cold if you sleep in the living room. Come on, you got this. Or do you want Arashi's leader to do it?"

I flushed red. I immediately stood up, dashed up the stairs, and jumped on the bed. I shoved myself under the blankets and hid.

"Reena-chan, can I at least have a kiss from you before you fall asleep? I know you're tired but I want a kiss from you."

I stood on my knees on the bed Kei-niichan offered me with the blanket over my shoulders. I held Ohno-san's cheek in one hand and kissed his chin because of the height in between. I fell back on the bed and fell asleep.

 

--------------------

 

The filming was over for the day. There were a few more scenes in order for the last episode to be completed. Then right after was the filming for the movie. But before the movie were the commercials and such for to get people to watch. I was definitely going on VS Arashi either as the opponent or as the plus one guest. I also have to go on so many shows other than Arashi's shows, which was something I did not want to do. But this is unavoidable and I can't do anything about it. I was the one who accepted Johnny-san's offer. I have to try my best but have good rests at the same time.