Okaeri

I Missed You

"I'm... back." I said with a smile.

Tears were rolling down Ohno-san's cheeks. I took out the blue envelope with the letter to him from the pocket of my hoodie and put it in his hands. I heard a thump from the closet. Surprised, I walked up to the closet and opened it. Aiba-san was crouching in there.

Aiba-san chuckled. "You found me."

Considering that Aiba-san was in the closet, I was guessing that the other Arashi members were in the room. I knew at least one of them was under one of the bed so I lifted the sheets a bit and found Ninomiya-san under one of them. This reminded me of when we played hide-and-go-seek together before their debut. I found Sakurai-san in the bathroom and Matsumoto-san under the table in between the chairs so it was difficult to see.

"So..." Ninomiya-san started. "Are... Are you two marrying?"

I understood how Ninomiya-san felt, but I didn't want to lie. I walked and stood next to Ohno-san. I held his right hand facing the other Arashi members and smiled.

"Reena-chan, take out your left hand."

I lay the tip of my fingers of my left hand on Ohno-san's firm and gentle hand. He took the ring out of the box and put it onto my finger.

"It matches your dress very well Reena-chan. You look very nice with it. I hope you know that." Ohno-san kissed the tip of my fingers.

I was quite sure he was wondering what I did with the lion doll and the necklace I received from him. I brought it with me from America. I wanted to tell him that. I wanted to tell him everything that happened over the years I couldn't visit Japan. About the accident. About my family. Everything. I didn't want to leave anyone behind. I didn't want to be left behind. I wanted to stay with Arashi trice. Those times were now, forever, and always. I loved them. Those feelings I always held in my heart for the last 15 years... They’ve only grew into something more significant. It was a part of my life. It was a part of me. My heart ached every time I’ve thought about the times we’ve spent together. I’ve spent so much fun times with them. Those were memories I didn’t want to forget. Something I want to keep with me forever. But now, I could let it all go, thanks to this very moment.

“Reena-chan, let’s fill as much fun as we can for the time we missed. Let's have fun and cry so much for the time you couldn't be at the jimusho and for the time I couldn't be with you when you needed me." Ohno-san held my hand.

I shook my head. "It's okay. We don't have to make up for the time. Let's tell each other what happened and what we were doing. Then we can continue from there."

"Sorry to break the moment, but can we hear about what you were doing while you were gone also, Tai-chan?" Matsumoto-san spoke up.

"But to think that Reena-chan was Tai-chan... I should've known." Aiba-san chuckled.

"I knew. I knew she was Tai-chan." The members looked at Ninomiya-san surprised. "Ask Reena-chan if you want to know how I know."

Ninomiya-san sounded depressed as he confessed.

I let go of Ohno-san's hand and walked up to Ninomiya-san to look at his face and say something. "You, Ninomiya-san... Ninomiya-san is a good person! You didn't do anything wrong. You can cry if you want. Rather, cry. If you don't cry now, you won't be able to smile later. You even say it in one of your solo song, 'Doko ni Demo Aru Uta'. You can do things that many others cannot. Don't corner yourself. You're not the one at fault."

His eyes widened and he looked at me. He's been acting tough to hide how he really felt and nobody knew about it. His tears were the proof.

"Now that she mentioned, he hasn't really actually cried in front of us so much ever since we found out about our debut." Sakurai-san spoke.

I led Ninomiya-san so that he'd sit on one of the bed. I kneeled next to him and held his hand. "You didn't do anything wrong. You were thinking about my happiness before your own. Thank you. Talk to me if you need any help. I don't know what exactly I'll be able to do for you, but I'm a therapist. I'll gladly help when you need it."

I sat next to Ninomiya-san and started rubbing his back whispering that everything is fine and he didn't have to worry about anything.

Ohno-san suddenly kissed my forehead. He sat next to me and put his head on my shoulder. I held Ninomiya-san's hand, touched Ohno-san's cheek and smelled his hair. I was pretty sure he was jealous when I was comforting Ninomiya-san. He picked me up, put me on his lap, and put his arms around me from behind.

"We're going to visit our parents tomorrow." Ohno-san told me.

"But, Ohno-san!"

"Pfft. 'Ohno-san'?"

He was making things difficult on me on purpose. I could tell. I couldn't just call him "Momo-chan" again after the 15 year gap.

He chuckled. "It's okay. Take your time." He pulled me closer.

I looked at my watch and it was about 9 pm. "Um..."

"Yes Reena-chan?"

"You just called me 'Reena-chan'. Anyways... Tadaima (I'm back)."

"Okaeri (welcome back). Okaeri." He hugged me tightly.

I let go of Ninomiya-san's hand and reached out to hug Ohno-san. "I finish work at about 7 pm tomorrow. Can we go visit your parents after?"

"We can go there anytime tomorrow."

I stood up with a smile. "I'm back. Tadaima."

Ohno-san suddenly kissed my cheek from behind. I pushed him away and hid my face. When I walked away, he hugged me from behind. I looked up to look at Ohno-san's face with watery eyes. He blushed even more than I have and fell on the floor.

"Reena-chan, I think you ended his life with your kawaiiness. What are you going to do?" Sakurai-san said laughing.

"Then, my life will end with seppuku!" I went into the kitchen.

Matsumoto-san grabbed my shoulder. "Calm down, it was only a joke. You're too serious. And besides, you should know us better than that by now."

I was still blushing from before and chose to take a shower.

--------------------

When I came out with what I was wearing before the whole date, Ohno-san suddenly gave me a hug. "I still haven't thanked you for the birthday gift. I've never seen you with your hair wet before. You don't look so bad with it, it's pretty."

"Wait until you see my hair after I use the brush and hair dryer."

"Hey don't forget that we're here too guys!" Aiba-san called out.

We all chuckled.

--------------------

After we all took a bath, we prepared for sleep. Ohno-san obviously took the couch. Ninomiya-san and Matsumoto-san called for one bed and Aiba-san and Sakurai-san called for the other. I took the small couch. We turned the lights off but I couldn't sleep so I stood up and went out to the balcony for fresh air and to enjoy the view.

"It would've been better if you were wearing your dress because of this gentle wind." This was Ohno-san's voice. "You can't sleep?"

I turned around to look at his face. "Yeah... You too?"

"Yup. Hey... You want to kiss... On... Erm..." I didn't expect him to be saying it.

"You want to kiss right? On... The lips that is." I looked away.

"You knew?" Ohno-san chuckled.

He was pretty easy to tell at certain times. Especially times like this. I made sure if the door to the room was closed. "If I notice one of the members looking, I'll hug you instead to cover. It's kind of embarrassing to do it in front of others."

I put my arms around his neck as he put his around my waist. I closed my eyes and calmed my nerves. I could tell that our faces were coming towards each other. I stood on the tip of my toes. I saw a pair of feet under the curtains so I immediately hugged him.

I whispered into his ear, "Sorry... I saw somebody's feet."

The door to the balcony opened.

"Oh hey I didn't notice you here. I couldn't fall asleep."

I let go and looked over his shoulder. "Ah, Ninomiya-san. We couldn't fall asleep either."

"Nino, don’t worry about us. You want to have a talk with us?" Ohno-san suggested.

I knew how he felt and I knew it was kind of awkward for him. But this couldn't be avoided. We were head over heels in love with each other. Ninomiya-san was in love with me, but the one who I was in love with was Ohno-san and he loved me just as much. The "love" I had for Ninomiya-san was different from the "love" he had for me.