Memories

I Missed You

"It's okay. There's this one thing I haven't told you just yet. I've been thinking of when I should tell you this but I guess now is okay. Remember the day I out before work started and was hospitalized?" I couldn't keep the things about my visions locked in my heart any longer and it was a good opportunity for me to tell him.

"It was the one time before you were hospitalized from being shot in the shoulder right? I was scared for you." Ohno-san touched my hair with the tip of his fingers.

"Yes. Thank you." I smiled. "That wasn't my first time that I out. It happened to me before for the first time when I was still about two or three years old. I used to have an older brother. I don't really have much memories with him so I didn't and still don't feel as bad as my parents do when this happened. He passed away at the age of seven. We were at a beach and I was building a hill with the sand as my brother was in the water. He was hated by the water and he couldn't swim so my parents always kept an eye on him to make sure that he wouldn't go too far into the water. But in the short time my parents weren't looking, he was where his feet couldn't reach the bottom. Just a few days before this happened, I was suffering what my parents thought as a normal headache and they didn't think that it was necessary for them to bring me to the hospital. During the headache I was having, there were bangings in my head and I saw a vision of my brother drowning in the beach. It was a vision of the future. As the day approached, I had another headache but the second one was bigger than the first. I had more visions  and they were clearer. My parents noticed that the headache wasn't normal and brought me to the closest hospital but they were informed that there was nothing wrong with me and that they couldn't find the causes for the headache. I couldn't speak too well at the time and so I couldn't express myself through words as well as my brother. My mother handed me crayons and some paper and asked me to draw what I felt and what was going on, what I saw when I had the headache. So I did. I drew my brother drowning in the ocean because he couldn't reach the bottom. I drew a nail going through my head to express the bangings I had in my head. My mother was surprised in what I drew so she sent an email to the doctor about the drawings and kept them in the drawers of her desk just in case. The day came and my parents told my brother and me not to go too far especially in the ocean."

 

--------------------

 

There were a good number of people around to at least notice that someone is drowning. My father went along with my brother towards the ocean while I stayed by the umbrella with my mother. I was building a small hill with the sand but it came out to be a small castle without me knowing it.

"Oh that's so cool! How did you do that? You're very talented! You're drawings are very good for your age too!" My mother was surprised the hidden talent I had and other people were gathering around us.

"Excuse me, how old is your daughter?" "Did you do anything special?" "I'm excited for her future." "You should send her to some sort of audition." "A genius has been born."

People were taking pictures and it spread out to people around the world through text, email, and social media in a flash.

While this was happening, my brother and my father were still playing in the ocean. My father bumped into a little kid behind him by accident so he was helping the kid stand back up again and wasn't paying attention to what my brother was doing. My brother was trying to sneak up to my father from behind but where my father was standing was too deep for my brother. Therefore, he was having trouble breathing.

Unlike in anime or cartoon, we cannot scream or yell for help when drowning. We're trying so hard to keep ourselves floating and breathing, that our voice will not come out. That was the exact situation my brother was in. It was like that in my vision. My brother drank so much water. He simply drank too much. My parents brought him to a hospital but it was too late. He couldn't be rescued. That was when my mother took out the drawings I drew after we went to the hospital because of my headache and showed them to the doctor. She explained each picture and asked if it was related to this event but the doctor said that the boy I drew could have been anyone. In return, my mother pointed out the small details my brother had that was in the drawings.

But that was only the first time in which I had the headache. There wasn't enough evidence that I could see the future from having the headache. The first time I had it was when I was two or three so nobody knew for a fact that it could happen again, but it did.

Since the death of my brother, I found myself always drawing, painting, doings ceramics, and crafting.

I started pre-k at the age of about four years but I didn't have any friends in school so I left immediately after it ended and continued to do art. I continued until I reached a wall. I didn't know who or why I was doing it all. I was only doing it because I felt like it. I was only doing it because my mother wanted me to. I was famous for my art, but why was I doing it? Who was it for?

I thought for days and days and days. I looked for the answer as in to why I was into art. I searched through my memories. I never came to an answer. I started to refuse to attend school. I didn't want to. My mind was overflowing with devastation. I felt as if I lost a boxing match in which I was obviously winning.

About two years after my brother's death, my family and I visited Japan for the first time in three years.

I didn't have any memories of Kei-niichan and me meeting and playing together. It was long ago when I was only a few months old.

My mother brought me to the jimusho so we could meet again but the day before we met, I felt a slight headache and I saw myself crying in the middle of the hallway with my tiger doll. Right after I felt the headache, I felt very light. It felt as if I was flying without any wings. Light shined into my eyes and I woke up.

I took paper and a pencil to show and describe what I felt like the first time I had the headache.

My mother brought me to the jimusho the next day and she was talking with some people from the Johnny's Entertainment.

Kei-niichan played with me for a while but he had to rehearse for a live as a part of Johnny's jr. My mother wasn't anywhere to be seen after he left so I started walking around in the huge building. The halls were very silent as if nobody was in the building. I grew lonely with my tiger doll but I at least tried to hold my tears in. I didn't want to break the silence. I was afraid that I might cause trouble to the people working in their rooms although I was already causing trouble to my mother.

I suddenly felt afraid of what could happen to me and started crying and kept my tiger doll close to myself. Then a young boy was walking carelessly from the other side. We bumped into each other and he finally noticed me. He was troubled but he brought me to where he was to be and took care of me for the time being. When I noticed, I have fallen asleep in his arms. I opened my eyes and I saw that I was with my mother and Kei-niichan. I looked around to find him but he wasn't anywhere. I let out a sigh.

A few years passed and I didn't have the headache and vision since then. I visited the jimusho every summer to meet him and the others. But one day, while I was in Japan, I had a great headache. I could not breathe so well and I was sweating. Tears were falling down my cheeks and it was very difficult trying to keep the pain to myself. I had to yell. My heart was pounding along with my head. I didn't have the ability to think as well as I usually could. There was nobody home to watch after me except for Kei-niichan. My mother went shopping and my father tagged along to drive her. Kei-niichan didn't know what to do and called the ambulance. I couldn't calm myself. the doctors and nurses were trying to keep me down on the bed.

I let my voice out. I couldn't see what was going on around me so well so I shut my eyes. I suddenly felt myself being dragged somewhere but I was not sure of who was doing it. I heard a screech and the person started shaking me harshly and I felt my brain going from side to side hitting the skull. Everything suddenly stopped. I opened my eyes and found myself laying on the bed of a hospital. It was only a nightmare.

I heard Kei-niichan's young voice.

Reechan... You're awake. You're safe. The doctor said that there's nothing wrong with you. Do you remember what happened? You were yelling and out so suddenly. I was worried about you. What was going on? What was happening in your mind? You should tell them what was going on. They asked if this was your first time. I couldn't answer because it was my first time seeing you like that and you're usually come visit only in the summer. Well, I have to go. I informed your parents. Rest well.