That's no Good

I Missed You

"Hello everyone. How has everyone been doing?"

"We've been doing great!" Aiba-san said as energetic as ever.

"Aiba-san, you're so energetic."

"Just being near him tires me." Ninomiya-san said as he lay on his side. "I want to play games."

"Then let's do card games! Card games! Let's play old maid!"

"I don't want to though~. Sakurai-san complained. I lost and became the loser in VS Arashi already. I don't want to lose here either." And you seem strong.

"Is that so?" I took out a deck of cards from my pocket.

"Cards came out the pocket. That's so creepy!" Sakurai-san whined.

"Sho-chan, you want to team up? Aiba-san suggested."

"How are we supposed to team up in a game like this?"
"Oh, that's true." Aiba-san chuckled.

"How about the two winners play a round of spit after?"

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea. How about the losers? Ninomiya-san sat back up."

"They'll rock-paper-scissors."

"Wow the two losers' game is so simple."

"Isn't there a Japanese saying that luck is part of their power or something? I guess you can say that it has to do with that. What do you think, Matsumoto-san? You haven't been talking."

"Yeah, I don't mind."

"You seem to be flowing with confidence."

"Yeah, I've never been to the next round in old maid so I have absolutely no doubt that I won't lose. I don't know about winning though."

"Then let's start the game."

 

--------------------

 

"I'm so bored."

"Don't say that after winning. You're the one who suggested that we play." Ninomiya-san said.

"That's true but... I'm bored. I have another deck of cards. You want to start playing or do you want to wait until the game is over?"

"I'll wait. Even though it's already known that it's their loss, I'm interested in this game between Aiba-chan and Riida."

"I guess you're right. There's not so much left of this game anyways."

"No, I lost again!" Aiba-san threw the joker on the table.

"What a pity." I chuckled. "Time for rock paper scissors!"

"Jan, ken, pon!*" Ohno-san and Aiba-san said together.

"Aiba-san hid his face." I tried not to laugh.

"Ninomiya-san..." I whispered into his ear. "Quick."

"Okay, let's play spit. Aiba-chan, move. You're in our way. Reena-chan and I are going to have a game of spit. A loss is a loss"

"Aiba-san, don't let that borrow you. It was because you already lost old maid. It was easier for Ohno-san to see what you'd send out." I took out a handkerchief and handed it to him.

"Bring it on Ninomiya-san."

"Don't be overconfident. You may get hurt."

"That's funny. Look at you being confident. Let's just start."

Left... Right... Right... One more left and Ninomiya-san is going. I gotta be patient.

"Ninomiya-san, I'll take this. I said as I put the last card down."

"Reena-chan, your face is scary." Ninomiya-san rolled up.

"I'm sorry. I took out his wrapped present. Happy Birthday. That's what you called us for right? My work starts early tomorrow. I'll see you next time we meet."

 

--------------------

 

"I'm back niichan." I went up the stairs.

"Welcome back! Hey, can't I see your face?"

"Sorry, I have to prepare for tomorrow."

I let out a sigh and went on the bed.

I wonder why I had a slight headache that time... What's going to happen...?

 

--------------------

 

"Hello. Hope we can get something out from today." I greeted and walked away.

"Reena-chan, is there something wrong? If you're troubled, you know you can always talk to me." Sakurai-san whispered to me.

"Nothing's wrong. Don't worry about me." I smiled.

"Oh, are you prepared for the kiss scene today?"

"There's a kiss scene? Are you sure about that? I don't think this story has any romance in it." I replied without hesitation.

"How do you know that?"

"I read through the whole script once I got it."

"Do you remember the lines?"

"Nope. I'll memorize it right now."

"How do you memorize all the lines in such a short time? I can't believe it. I think you're better at acting than Nino."

"No, not even close. I am still inexperienced. I'm far from you and Ninomiya-san. I still need practice. Ninomiya-san is such a great actor. It's very real. And you have way more experience than I do. Compared to that, I'm nothing. Now, please allow me to remember my lines."

"Oh, yeah. Go ahead."

 

--------------------

 

Angrily, I punched the wall.

"What's with people these days? They don't have good manners."

"That's no good! You need more impact when punching the wall." The director told me.

"Ah, I apologize." I said and practiced punching a bit.

I need to do better. It has to be more realistic with more impact. I won't be able to be great at acting like Sakurai-san and Ninomiya-san.

"Reena-chan, are you okay? You don't seem like your usual self." He asked worried.

"Yes, sir. I feel completely fine. I'm sorry. I can continue."

"Let's put a short break."

Just when I pumped myself up...

Sakurai-san walked up to me.

"Are you sure you're feeling like yourself? You appear to be somewhat depressed in my eyes. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Yeah... I apologize for making you worry. Really, don't worry about me."

"The time you apologize multiple times is the time when you're troubled though. Tell me when you feel ready or just contact the other Arashi members. Hope you feel better soon."

"I just told you that I'm -" Sakurai-san cut me off.

"See, you got mad easily. This isn't you. You have the ability to keep your calm. Tell me or the others what is wrong later when we meet." Sakurai-san poked my forehead.

 

*'Jan ken pon' is a way of saying 'rock paper scissors' in Japanese