I'm the One at Fault

I Missed You

When I woke up, nothing was keeping me together. I could move around better. I didn't have to roll around from place to place. I didn't have to hop around. I was free.

 

--------------------

 

I was sitting in a bright room with angel wings. I had both my hands over my heart and my eyes partially closed. Someone put their hands on my shoulders. When I looked up to see who it was, I in was the same old dirty basement.

I stood up and looked around to see if there were any changes other than me being able to move around more freely. I walked up to the table and saw a note from Tegoshi-san.

 

--------------------

 

Hey Reena-chan.

I have work early today. I'll be back at around noon.

There should be things in the refrigerator so that you can cook something for yourself and maybe for me if you want. I know it's my own fault but feel better Reena-chan. No matter how much you may dislike me or hate me, you'll always be my first love.

You have changed my whole life when your cousin introduced you to us. You've become very beautiful since weve met over 15 years ago.

I'm sorry for the troubles I've caused you. You don't have to forgive me. I'm the one at fault. It's all my own fault. You'll probably tell me not to corner myself or something, but it really is my fault. I was being selfish. I wanted you all for myself. I didn't want to give you away. But I guess that was infatuation. How stupid of me.

Well anyways, I hope you feel better. I hope you know that there are people who care and worry about you too. Find your own happiness.

Tegoshi Yuuya.

 

--------------------

 

I opened the fridge and saw that the things in there was mostly the ingredients for curry.

So he does want me to make something for him. He's too easy to tell.

I took the vegetables out and washed it with water then cleaned the rice and cooked it right after. I cut the vegetables and put them in the pot. I cooked it thoroughly and added the spices and such.

I was preparing the food not noticing that the door opened and someone entered. When I set the plate on the table, arms suddenly went around my waist.

"What are you doing here?" This was a slow devilish voice. It was the kind of voice I hated most. "You're so skinny but you're so pretty. Are you on a diet? Why are you here? I don't remember allowing you in here. Oh, that reminds me. Tegoshi Yuuya from NEWS asked to use this place for a while. Whoops. I guess he wasn't finished. Oh well. That doesn't matter at this moment. I want to have some fun with you while he's gone. What should we do together before he comes back from work?" His hands were going to where I didn't want them to go.

I heard something drop. When I turned, it was Tegoshi-san who dropped his bag.

"What are you doing to her?" Tegoshi-san was obviously mad at the suspicious man. "Let her go!" He walked up to the man and pulled his arm away. I stood firm and closed my eyes tightly.

"What do you think you're saying to someone like me eh? You should know better than that Tegoshi Yuuya. I can kick you outta here right now if I wanted to."

"Momochan! Run out! Leave this place immediately! Don't worry about what'll happen to me! Just go!" He was probably referring to me when he said that name but I didn't want to listen to what he said.

I picked up Tegoshi-san's phone from the bag he dropped and called the police.

Yes, this is the police. What can I help you with?

"Hello? A fight might start where I am. One man is about raise his hand to hit the other. The one about to get hit is someone very important to me and I don't want him to get hurt. I don't know what to do. He'll tell you the address of where we are. Tegoshi-san! What's the address to this place!?" I asked and reached the phone out his way.

"We're in the basement of ###, ⚪︎⚪︎⚪︎ street in Shibuya, Tokyo!" Tegoshi-san yelled.

Roger that. The police said and turned the phone off.

"TEGOSHI YUUYA!" The man roared and I flinched. He grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me towards him. I kept both my eyes and mouth shut. He was investigating my face closely that I could feel his breath. "Hey middle schooler, you remind me of someone. Who is it? I can't remember. She was on VS Arashi last month... Yo... Yoshi... Yoshimura Reena-chan. That's who you remind me of. You'll definitely get offers to certain television shows if you debut as a comedian. You sounded just like her too. Or are you actually her?"

"Tamura! Let go of her!"

"Says the one who brought her here. Tell me, what is your name?" His name was Tamura. His voice gave me chills. "Open your eyes. I won't do anything. I promise." I shook my head. "What do I have to do for you to open your eyes and talk to me?"

"Hey. She's stubborn. If she doesn't want to do it, she won't do it. She can see your soul, your spirit. She won't open up to you if it's as dirty as yours."

"Stop talking like you know everything about her."

"Yeah I don't. I don't know everything about her. But at least I know more about her than you do. I know her well enough to understand her. Understand how she feels. I know more about what she's thinking about than you do." Tegoshi-san was being big, bold. I could tell. He was afraid, and yet, he was standing up for me.

I pulled my hand away from this Tamura person while he was distracted and randomly slapped him right after.

"Re... Momochan!" Tegoshi-san ran up to me and reached his arms out to me. He wrapped me in his arms. I grabbed onto the shoulder of his shirt.

The door suddenly slammed open. I thought about looking at who it was but I was too afraid of the consequences that could follow. Red lights were flashing. I didn't want to stop myself from looking at who it was but Tegoshi-san probably wouldn't have let me.

"Is anyone hurt? We're going to have an investigation. I'm going to ask you to tell me what was going on in here." This was probably the police. It was an unusual voice.

"I'm the one at fault." Tegoshi-san spoke up.

"Yeah that's right. It was all him. I'm guessing that it's all because he fell in love with that girl he's hugging at this moment." Tamura said.

Okay, that was very unnecessary. But he'll be sent to jail or prison or something anyways so I might as well stay quiet. Don't do anything wrong. But Tegoshi-san didn't have to say that it was his fault. I understand why he would say or think that though. Yes, Tegoshi-san might have kidnapped me, but he took care of me. So it totals up to 0. Nothing. He's innocent. Well at least in my own eyes.

"You are Tegoshi Yuuya correct? Would you please let go of her? I would like to hear her side of the story of all this." Tegoshi-san slowly let go of me and looked into my eyes sadly.

"It's because I wasn't good enough. It's because I wasn't aware of what was going around me. I wasn't looking around well enough."

"What are you saying? What could you have possibly done wrong?"

I stood up. "Tegoshi-san... Tegoshi-san is... Tegoshi-san is innocent. He's done things he shouldn't have done, but he did things to balance the equation out. So he's not the one who is bad. The one who was going to be beat up was him. The one who was going to beat him up was the man there. Excluding me who was watching what was going on, he is the one who is truly bad." I pointed at Tamura.

"What have I done other than to try beating Tegoshi up that makes more guilty than him?" Tamura started to raise his voice.

How miserable... It must be that he hasn't gotten enough love as a child... But what he did was still incorrect. He didn't have to go that far. There might come a day where he might commit suicide because of the lack of love. Even so... I'm in this situation because of me. I'm here because I chose to do so. I wasn't aware of what was going around me well enough. What's wrong with me? The truth is, I'm the one at fault. It was all me. I don't really care about the law honestly only because the law doesn't protect us people. We the people protect the law. On top of that, I already did, but I should still tell Tegoshi-san that he matters. He's better than he thinks he is. I don't know how much longer I can last with this kind of lifestyle. I haven't eaten in over a week. I want to meet Ohno-san.