A Place We Need to Be

I Missed You

 

"I was smiling at Matsumoto-san after he asked if I was okay. I sighed and kept a smile on my face."

"I think I want to go to Kei-niichan's house."

"Why!? Ohno-san looked at me with a surprised look. Aren't you staying at my place?"

"I want to be on my own for a while. I have too much things on my mind. And I haven't told Kei-niichan that I'm safe yet. It's still on the news isn't it?

Then are you going to contact your manager about this soon? "

"Yeah... I was actually thinking of contacting my manager-san tomorrow. Please tell some other Johnny's entertainment members too? Then I'll let my fans know that I'm safe, that I'm alive. I'm healthy. But I think I'll disappear again when the time comes."

"Sure. Don't worry about it. But are you sure that you want to disappear when the time comes? Not only that, but you may lose your fans like that." Sakurai-san pointed out.

"Why worry about the number of fans? All I have to do now, is to let the world know that I'm safe. They're like my other family member. I want them to have a sense of security."

"That's like you." Ohno-san let go of my hand and patted my head.

"Well, I'll be going." I waved at them.

"Wait, I'll drive you there. Sakura-san stood up. The rest of you too. I'm not letting you stay here tonight."

"Oh, why is that? Are you hiding something?" Aiba-san smirked.

"What are you saying? Although I have given up on it already, you guys are the one who are hiding something from me." Sakurai-san said as he stood up.

"Now, don't fight. Sakurai-san, thank you for the ride. I apologize for always getting a ride from you guys. I need to get you guys something. "

"Oh, no. Don't even think about it. It's not that big of a deal anyways. Look at the person next to you. He doesn't have a license and we're always giving him rides." Matsumoto-san chuckled.

I laughed.

"But why can't we stay Sho-chaaan?" Ninomiya-san whined.

"You want to come with me then?" I asked him.

"Really!?" He stood up.

"Of course not. I can't just allow you into Kei-niichan's place." I smiled at Ninomiya-san.

"Oh, man. Don't get me excited like that." He sat back down.

"Why are you sitting down again? We're going." Sakurai-san took his keys.

"You know how stingy you can be sometimes?"
"What? It's not like any of you guys knew." He opened the door as he put his shoes on.

"Let's go where we need to. We have a place we need to be. We can't just leave that place unattended." I held onto Ninomiya-san's hand.

He stood up and followed.

 

--------------------

 

"Sakurai-san, thank you. Let's go out for dinner once."

He smiled. "Did you really have to say it in front them? Especially Ohno-san. You know he can get jealous about these things."

I put one hand over my mouth and smiled.

"Don't worry. This is all part of my plan." I put my head through the window and whispered into Sakurai-san's ear.

I turned and headed to Kei-niichan's house.

I rang the doorbell and knocked onto the door.

"Excuse me? Is anyone there?"

I knocked even more.

The door finally opened. I smiled.

"Reena... chan...?"

"Kei-niichan, tadaima!" I spread my arms out to him.

He held me in his embrace as I put my arms around him.

"I was so worried about you. I'm glad you're back. I can't afford to lose you. I'm the only blood related family member that's left to care for you right now."

"I'll let Masuda-san and the others know that I'm safe. Especially my manager-san. I've really caused trouble to her and the others. I was to go on so many shows and I also have recordings and filming to do. Yeah, reporters would be asking me questions, but it'll be fine."

"Well, I'm glad you're back. Come in. Aren't you cold? Tell me what happened while you were away. You don't need to tell everything or anything at all. It's your choice."

Should I tell him? Should I tell him about Tegoshi-san? Should I tell him everything that happened? I guess I'll watch what happens first.

"Kei-niichan, I apologize for always causing you trouble. Not only that, but always thank you for worrying about me." I smiled as I entered with my suitcase.

"Your hair smells different. Were you able to take a bath?"

"Oh, sorry for not telling you about it but I was with Ohno-san for a few days."

I pushed the suitcase into the room and sighed. I reached into my pocket for my phone and saw the amount of messages. Quite a number of them were from Ohno-san, Ninomiya-san, Kei-niichan, and Masuda-san so I checked my phone for work in which there were messages from manager-san. I was somewhat troubled. I took my phone and started texting to Masuda-san.

 

--------------------

 

Masuda-san, it's been a while.
You must've been worried.

I'm sorry I made you worry.

I couldn't reply to your texts because of the disappearance.

Well, a lot of things happened.

I was texting to inform that I am safe. Thank you for worrying.

 

--------------------

 

I threw my phone on the bed.

"Hey, Kei-niichan. Should I go to work tomorrow?"

"Sure. Go ahead if you want to. It's your choice."

"But I'm asking you niichan. I dropped my arms and shoulders."

"Yeah, get at it. You seem great even after such event."

I put my fingers through my hair and sighed.

What should I do? I can't let anyone worry anymore.

"I need a refresher." I said as I let a breath out.

I can't think too much. I need more sugar.

I took a short shower and dressed into my pajama. I entered my room and fell onto my bed. I took my work phone and started texting my manager-san.

 

--------------------

 

Good evening. Well, it's not evening though.

How are you? This is Reena.

I apologize for the trouble I may have caused, but I am alive.

I am thinking of going back to work tomorrow.

I have the song lyrics memorized so I'm prepared for the recording for Hatsukoi.

Please understand my absence.

 

--------------------

 

I turned off the lights of the room. I saw my phone ring signaling a message, but I fell asleep without being able to check the answer.