Let Them

I Missed You

Sakurai-san and I arrived in front of the door.

"Go ahead inside Reena-chan. I need to take a breather. I'm tired from the laugh we had while coming back here." Sakurai-san had his one hand on the door knob.

"Sakurai-san, I think I'll stay here with you." I refused to enter.

"Why is that? Do you not feel well?" Sakurai-san peeked into my face.

"It's not that. I just have a bad feeling about the others. I thought it'd be safer if I stayed with you." I looked away.

"Don't say that. Please don't say that kind of things. I might want to take you away." Sakurai-san put his head on my shoulder.

"Sakurai-san, I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. I have been having a feeling that they were going to surprise us." I looked down at him and held onto his shirt.

"That's what you meant. Don't give me the wrong idea." I heard him whisper to himself and he scratched the back of his neck as he looked away embarrassed.  

"I apologize Sakurai-san. I must've given you the wrong idea." I held his other hand, which was in one of his pocket, in my hands and looked into his eyes intently.

"Oh no. Don't worry about it. I never knew you trusted me that much that's all." We stood there for a while with an awkward silence. "Let's go back in. You must be really cold wearing only that hoodie. Prepare yourself for what might come. You don't know what to expect from them. I've been with them for so long and yet I don't know what they're thinking at times."

Sakurai-san took his house key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. He opened the door carefully and saw that it was completely dark. He squinted his eyes and blinked a bit.

Ah... Ouch...

I lost my balance and fell towards the wall.

"Reena-chan, daijoubu (you okay)? What happened, is it another headache?" Sakurai-san looked at me with a worried expression.

"Oh no, don't worry. It's not a headache. It wasn't a vision either. I saw a quick flash and I lost my balance that's all."

Just when I stood back up on my own two feet, I heard the front door close with a click. I reached for the doorknob until I felt something on my waist. I was about to turn around to see who it was but I was blinded with a piece of cloth before I could start. The person held my hands behind me and started pushing me somewhere.

The person pushing me stopped me and I heard something being rolled open. I was being pushed again. I was turned. My shoulders were pushed down so I sat down and from the touch, I knew that I was sitting on a couch.

I heard thuds here and there until it turned completely silent. After a moment or two, brightness seeped through the cloth. Feeling a presence nearby, I searched the couch. I felt warmth on tips of the fingers of my right hand and reached out a little more. It was another hand. I put my hand over the hand and held it. I was afraid of what was to come so I shut my eyes.

"Ouch... Who is hurting me?" I heard a voice. It was Sakurai-san's.

I noticed how tight I was holding on to the hand and loosened it realizing that it was Sakurai-san's hand. I slowly opened my eyes when I felt the piece of cloth being put away by someone. I saw a face up close. I screamed and pulled myself towards Sakurai-san. I put my face between Sakurai-san's shoulder and the couch. I looked back up and saw that it was only Ohno-san and started laughing with my other hand on Sakurai-san's shoulder and my forehead on my hand as he laughed.

I put my legs down and let go of Sakurai-san's hand. Ohno-san was out of my sight.

"Sakurai-san, Sakurai-san. Where's Ohno-san?"

"Sorry, I don't know either."

I looked around.

Someone peeked into my face from my shoulder. I screamed and hit my forehead against the table. I put my hands to my forehead where it hit the table and laughed.

"Stop it. Are you making fun of me?" I said as I chuckled.

I turned around and saw Ohno-san and Ninomiya-san. Ohno-san pulled and wrapped me in his arms as I continued to laugh. Sakurai-san joined in Ohno-san’s arms creating it a group hug.

"Look back at the table." Sakurai-san said when he turned around to see the source of the sound.

The table was filled with food and I didn't know how to react. I kept my eyes on the table and my hand over my mouth.

"Why are you guys still standing? Sit down." Matsumoto-san entered with cups for each of us.

Ninomiya-san started setting something up in front of the television as Aiba-san entered the room.

"Oh, you two came back? Come on guys, sit."

"We'll do that without being told airhead." Sakurai-san said as he sat. "This is what we bought. Make sure you don't drink too much or eat pocky before the meal."

"Okay mom." Ninomiya-san said as he sat across him.

"Oh wow Sho-chan. You were so surprised just a moment ago and you're acting like nothing happened." Matsumoto-san said as he sat on the right side of the biggest couch in the room.

"That's true." Aiba-san said laughing as he sat next to Matsumoto-san.

"Why wouldn't I? I mean, seeing you guys set up the table, there wasn't really any point in surprising us like that. Why did you do that anyways?" He chuckled

"What? Surprising you isn't allowed?" Matsumoto-san smirked.

"It's not allowed." He answered immediately and chuckled louder.

When I noticed, Ohno-san was already sitting at other end of the couch.

I sat on the floor across the bigger couch.

"Welcome back Reena-chan!" The four who stayed took out party crackers and shot them.

I was surprised. I looked at Sakurai-san and back at the rest of the members.

"Wait, did you guys surprise us for that reason!?" Sakurai-san seemed somewhat mad. "Did you really have to involve me in the surprise?"

"Yes. We couldn't help it." Matsumoto-san answered calmly with a smirk on his face.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Sakurai-san leaned backwards and chuckled.

I still didn't understand what was going on around me.

"Look at Reena-chan, she still doesn't know what's going on." Aiba-san pointed at me and laughed as he slapped his knee.

I saw Matsumoto-san wink at me with his smirk on his face and that was when I understood the meaning of this surprise. They wanted to surprise Sakurai-san and do a welcoming party at the same time. I felt my cheeks go up. Ninomiya-san was looking carefully.

"Reena-chan, are you cheating on Captain? J too. Are you cheating on your girlfriend?"

I looked up at Ninomiya-san in surprise. "Why would I do that? Why would Matsumoto-san do that? What are you saying all of a sudden?"

"Because you smiled when he winked at you. Why?" Ninomiya-san asked as he covered his mouth with one of his hand.

Didn't Matsumoto-san inform him about it? What about the other members? Do they know about it? Matsumoto-san should have told them about the surprise for Sakurai-san while I was gone to the convenience store with him.

Matsumoto-san looked at Ninomiya-san with a questioning face.

"What the hell are you talking about? Why would someone like Reena-chan cheat on us? Why would she cheat on our Riida?" Matsumoto-san raised his voice.

"Then are you saying that you're cheating on your girlfriend?" Ninomiya-san yelled back.

"When did I say that? Why would I even do that?"

"Because you don't like her anymore? I don't know! I've never been in a relationship with someone I loved before." Ninomiya-san stood up.

"Both of you, calm down! Why are you even arguing? This is a welcoming party for Reena-chan! You can talk about it later right?" Aiba-san stood up trying to keep it down.

"Yeah guys, why are you arguing?" Sakurai-san put his hand out.

"Both of you, keep out!" Matsumoto-san and Ninomiya-san both yelled and continued arguing.

"Let them argue for a while. There hasn't been an argument within our group since the first few years since our debut." Ohno-san was very calm about this and started to eat.

"If Ohno-san says so..." Aiba-san sat and ate along.

I couldn't take this. I didn't understand how they could eat while there was an argument going on. I grabbed onto my pants.