A Call

I Missed You

"What do you mean you don't belong to any office?" Sakurai-san questioned.

"I didn't join any. I simply joined this entertainment world."

"Then what about your manager?"

"My manager-san? I was only asked to join this world but I wasn't told to join any office. So it's not like I wanted it. I was given it. But it seems that she wants to quit. I always cause trouble and disturb society. She can't keep up with it. Therefore, I will have her quit and be a manager of someone else and I'd do all the work myself instead."

"It's a pain doing everything yourself. Will you still be fine with that? You may lose some of your precious sleep." Matsumoto-san asked peeking into my face.

"Isn't it just that it's a pain for you? I'll be fine... I think..."

"What do you mean 'I think'?"

"I know the time frame I'd be working. If it's during that time period then it'll be completely fine. And, I have a phone specially for work. I'm pretty sure I won't get any spam."

"Aren't you afraid?" Aiba-san asked worried.

"Yes, it is scary, but I'm not sure if I should have a manager when I don't even belong to an office. So I thought it be better if I manage my own schedule."

"When do you plan on working?"

"Between eight in the morning to nine at night. I checked my watch. Oh, it's about time I should get going. See you guys later." I waved my hand with a smile.

"See ya!" I heard them all say.

I'm so tired but glad. I feel relieved. All the pieces are coming back together again. All the puzzle pieces that bring us back together again... The pieces are in my hands.

 

--------------------

 

Ohno-san and I had a talk about our marriage with Johnny-san. He understood very well and that we had feelings for each other for years so he allowed this marriage without a single problem. Ohno-san and I filled out and finished filling the papers for marriage. We chose to have the wedding the next year. Some time in the spring perhaps. And we chose not to tell anyone about this just yet.

"When do you think we should hand this form in?" I was asked by him.

"September 26th. Two months after my birthday, and two months before yours." I replied with my arms around my legs.

Oh yeah, did you hear about TOKIO's member's marriage?

"Kokubun Taichi-san? Yes, I have heard. I must go congratulate him. I just never get the chance to meet him though. I pity myself." I sighed. "And I'll be even busier after my manager-san quits. At least I get to accustom myself to a proper schedule."

"That's the Tai-chan I grew up to know. That reminds me, how old were you when we first met?" Ohno-san asked out of the blue.

"I think I was four or five."

"Oh, really!? I thought you were around three years."

"Could be because I was small. I still am though." I chuckled. "It brings back memories. I was crying in the hall of the Johnny's jimusho because I was lost and you happened to come by."

"Yeah... I was just having a walk so I could be alone."

I smiled. "I think I'll go now. I have another day at work tomorrow. Have a good night Ohno-san. Sleep well. And tell the members I said hi."

 

--------------------

 

I was walking down the hall with papers in my arms. My manager ended up quitting herself without having me ask her.

Everything is moving along so smoothly it's kinda scary. I'll be even busier now that my manager quit though. I'm excited for what is to come. I have to get myself together.

"Yoshimura-san, if you have any questions, you can come to me. I don't know if I'll be of any use though." A young staff with unusual glasses gave a troubled smile.

"I'll be sure to do that..." I checked his name tag. "Suzuki-san."

"Thank you very much. You're not as short or nervous as I see you on TV."

I giggled with my hand over my mouth. "Is that so? It could be because of those I film with are tall and outgoing. May I ask how tall you are?"

"I am about 155 centimeters (5'1"). What about you?"

"I am about 152.5 centimeters (5'0") tall."

"Um, it's a bit of a difficult thing to ask since your manager just quit, but please consider having me as your manager. It would be a pleasure."

"I will think about it. Thank you for the offer." I replied and walked away.

"Yoshimura-san, good luck with work!"

"Same goes for you."

He's a bit weird... I wonder what's up with him...

 

--------------------

 

"I'm so tired... Well, time to go back." I sighed as I bought my train ticket.

"Ah, Yoshimura-san! It's a coincidence to meet you here."

"Oh, Suzuki-san. Are you heading home?"

"I sure am. How was work today?"

"It wasn't bad for the first day without a manager." I replied as we headed to the train.

"Is that so? You must be more of a manager type than a celebrity type."

"You think so? It is true that I'm way too nervous though it's been nearly an year since I debuted with my debut single back in November last year."

"I've listened to all four of your singles. You wrote the most recent single correct? That was such a great single! I think that single is my favorite. I've become a fan of yours because of that."

"Really? I still need some improvements though."

"What are you saying? I love the fact that you gave an opportunity to everyone to express their thoughts. Not only that, but it's also a song everyone can relate to."

"Um, I'm sorry to say, but will you please lower your voice a little?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I got carried away there. But it's really an honor to meet you."

"Same goes for you."

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"I'm sorry, I have a call from someone. May I?"

"Yes, of course."

I walked a few steps away towards the wall and answered. "Oh, thank god you called, Masuda-san. I was having trouble. What's up? It's been quite a while since we last talked."

"I just had a question."

"What is it? I'm always open to questions."

"Did your manager really quit?"

"Where did you hear that? And yes, she quit because of all the trouble I cause, and some of them weren't even because of me. Well, it kinda is, but you know... I don't think all the blame is on me so... Yeah... Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering because I heard from our leader about it and was worried for you because today was your first day without her."

"Don't worry, I had a fun time doing all the work on my own. It was challenging but I've been trained to do this back when I was attending college all because I had no friends."

"Okay. That's all I wanted to ask. You want to perhaps eat together tonight or do you have some other business to take care of?"

"It's getting late so I think I'll be heading back. Thank you for the offer though. Let's go some other time when we both have time to spare. Hope to see you soon."

I went back up to Suzuki-san and he asked, "Who was that call from?"

"It was from an old friend of mine from back in elementary school." I lied. "He asked to hang out so I'd be heading there instead now."

"At this time?"

"Yeah, we live pretty close so it'll be fine. See ya!" I went ahead on the train.

I entered the restroom to change my hoodie. It was getting chilly out.

I stood in the train as I read a book about feelings.

The announcement went on telling the customers about the next stops. The train stopped a few moments later and I stepped out onto the platform.

I walked a few blocks down to get where I needed. I opened the door.

"Niichan, I'm back from work."

"You're back! How was your first day without a manager? I heard she quit without you asking her about it. Well, you did wish for it and you knew that you've been causing her trouble."

"Well, about that... I managed to go through the day without any troubles, but there was this man named Suzuki-san. He's a staff at Fuji TV and says that he's a fan of mine but I'm not so sure about it. I was still in my work hoodie but when I bought my ticket, he called from behind saying that it's a coincidence. I explained. He was acting weird. It looked like he knew more than he should. But I managed to get away because of a call from Masuda-san. I feel bad for lying though."

"I think you did the right thing. I'll text you occasionally then. Sound like a plan?" Kei-niichan understood the situation and accepted it without hesitation.

"Niichan, I'm sorry I always cause trouble and it's not just to you. But... Thank you. I'm always needing you and the others' help."

He pulled my arms and brought me close to him. He put one arm around my waist and the other around my head.

He whispered into my ear. "You make me cry."