Faded Away

I Missed You

I went to work for the shoot of the music video for the next few days. For each shoot, Maezono-san was there to watch me. It was surprising enough that Suzuki-san was her manager and they're both fans of mine. I sensed that there was something behind this.

"Maezono-san, you always happen to find the time and way to come here to watch me. I really appreciate it, but isn't it tough to go back and forth?" I asked her who was sitting on a chair in this dark room because of the lack of light.

"I don't find it to be tough at all. I just think of it as some exercise to strengthen my legs and stay fit. I just hope that I don't lose too much weight though. How do you keep your perfect figure? Like, you seem the same every single day I see you and it's not just your figure, but also your clear skin. I've been wondering if you do anything special at all."

"I don't do anything at all. I just chose the amount of work and exercise I should be doing each day so I don't get so stressed. Also, I take in the same amount of food everyday around the same time. If you keep this in mind, you'll be just fine. A lot of things happened when I first started work as a celebrity here so I understand how you feel."

"I will try to keep that in mind. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it."

"Don't worry about it. It's not like it's a secret or anything. It's just that I've never been asked about this by anyone." I picked up my bags. "Well, I'm done for the day. See you."

"You're done already? Don't you have to check the clips?"

"I will. Just not here. I'd like to check as we put the pieces together."

"We? Why we? Why not them?"

"Because I take part in the creation of the video. The staff film while I do whatever and we have a talk as we put it together. It's quite a long process."

"This work isn't as easy as I thought it would be..." I saw move.

 

--------------------

 

For the next few days, I have been in my room in front of my computer putting the clips together for the song I have finally completed. Because of the lyrics and the lack of light, I called this song Hatred. But in the end, I gave it a flash in slow motion so it wouldn't affect anyone's eyes and because I have been freed from it for myself. I knew why people hated but I also found out how to solve it. I had a way to solve it. I wasn't one of those people who'd give random advices.

I asked Kei-niichan's opinion on the video and gave me the feedback I needed. I edited and edited to the point that I didn't know what I was doing to it. I asked him to watch it with the song one last time and that was where it all ended.

 

--------------------

 

I sent the music out to the world.

The clock was ticking. I could feel my heartbeat. I covered my ears and closed my eyes. There was nothing better than being able to find myself at peace.

I wanted the days and weeks to pass by so I didn't have to deal with both Maezono-san and Suzuki-san. I couldn't quite find out what they had in mind.

Ohno-san knocked on my opened door to my room.

I smiled when I saw the face of his, but it soon faded away into the dark.

Noticing the change, he asked walking in my direction, "Reena-chan, what's wrong? Did something happen at work? Your pregnancy is still unnoticable."

"Well on the last day of November, Maezono Atsuko-san joined this world and her manager is Suzuki-san. She says that she's been a fan of mine since she entered high school an year after me. What I'm worried about is what she might do. I didn't recognize her face at first but recently, I feel like I saw it somewhere so I checked my documents and I saw her face from one of my visions. I had a dejavu without myself knowing. What if she's actually a stalker and is thinking of erasing me?"

"She's busy with her own work right? Then there's nothing to worry about. Let's just have our wedding in March and leave." Ohno-san sat behind me on the bed.

"I'm sorry... I still have so much to do. And I think we'll be needing a green screen since I can't be coming back and forth between Japan and America for the music video. But you know, I also model for a magazine so I'm not sure what I should do about that."

"Reena-chan, you're thinking too much again..."

"Should I just tell them about the baby since they'll find out because of the stomach anyways? But then they may make a big deal about it and it may be brought up on the news. Which do you think is better? Having the baby be found out, or just leave this country and have that be brought up? This is a really tough decision..." I questioned.

Ohno-san pulled me up and just hugged from behind. "Tell me, has there ever been a time we've gone through in which we lost in the end?"

I thought what he meant by that but I answered with a 'no'.

I could hear his breathing by my ear. I put my hands on his, wondering what was in his mind at this time. We both knew how society would react. We knew that our relationship may be revealed and brought up to the news sooner or later anyways. It was only a matter of time.

 

--------------------

 

It was another day of work at the tall building. It was also my last day there. I told the people there already that I wouldn't be able to work with them anymore for some personal reasons. As for my work for modeling, I told them about the baby and that even after I come back to work, I wouldn't be able to come visit as often to model since I wouldn't be in Tokyo. I told them that I would be able to model once every one or two months. They understood the situation I was in and we made sure we kept in contact to see when we can shoot.

Someone left a note on the table of my room assigned for the day and I looked at it. It told me to go to a certain room with the time on it. I first thought that a staff or someone forgot it. I asked each one and they said that they didn't recognize it so I put it in my wallet.

Moments later, the same note was left on the table but I didn't ask the staff again for I knew that the answer wouldn't have changed from the other day.

I came into the same exact room I've been assigned to for earlier in the day. The same note was on the table and I thought that this wasn't normal. It could've been that this was meant to be sent to me instead of someone else, but the name wasn't written anywhere on the paper. I took a picture of it this time and left the note where it was put before I entered.

Leaving the assigned room, I went to the room written on the paper when the time arrived. I arrived to the front of the room as directed on the paper.

I entered the dark room filled with books and bookshelves.

"Yoshimura-san! You finally came! I thought you didn't get the paper or I put the paper in someone else's room!" A young lady's voice called.

I observed her figure and the way she spoke. I knew this voice and figure but it was too dark to be sure about how she looked.

"Um, who is this talking to me? I just want to be sure."

The lights were . "It's Maezono Atsuko. I thought you weren't going to be here and just go home instead. I was worried because this is your last day here."

"Well, I don't have anything important or any big projects to do for the next few days so I just thought that I'd stop by to see what you wanted. What is it?"

The ends of her lips moved slightly. "Can you stay away from my Ohno-san?"

"Your? Since when was he yours? And why Ohno-san?"

"I've known him since before Arashi was formed!I know so much more about him than you do! I memorized all the acts and dramas he's acted in and all the shows he's been on all these years even during the times I've been chasing you."

"I've known him in person since he joined Johnny's Junior and I believe I know much more about his personality even if I don't know much about the shows and dramas he's been on. And I've been studying blocking those things out for a reason."

"Ugh! What am I saying? Time is nothing."

Oh... You're not going to be surprised at the fact that I knew him in person? You're not going to say anything about the fact that I've been blocking everything else out for my studies? Well, I didn't trust the words you gave me since day one.

"Yes, indeed, time is nothing especially when it comes to relationships." I was reminded of the fifteen year gap in between when I heard her. "But even if I say that I've known him for long, there was a gap in between, so I can't say that I know every single thing about him because of that, so I'm still taking my time to get to know him better."