Last Question

I Missed You

I was walking through a colorful meadow filled with different types of flowers. I was looking around as the wind was blowing against me. The dress I was wearing, showed my body shape which embarrassed me though there was nobody around me. I looked up at the sky and saw an army of stormclouds were rolling in. The winds blew stronger. A lightning sparked.

 

--------------------

 

Just when I was about to hear thunder, the clock started ringing. I reached my hand and searched for the clock. I felt the button and stopped the alarm clock. I moaned as I took my phone for work and saw that I received a text from my manager-san. I checked what she said.

 

--------------------

 

Yoshimura-san! I'm glad you're back!

Are you sure you want to work all so sudden?

Don't drag yourself everywhere when we just started!

 

--------------------

 

'Yoshimura-san'? My manager-san doesn't speak that way. did my manager change? But it's only been a few months and I was only away for about half a month.

 

--------------------

 

Um, is this really manager-san?

Did my manager-san change?

Please tell me the truth.

 

--------------------

 

"This can't be happening." I murmured.

I took my other phone to reply to Masuda-san's text.

 

--------------------

 

Reena-chan! I'm so glad.

I'm relieved to know that you are safe.

Tell me about what happened when we meet up.

I was so worried.

I know I may sound like your manager or your mother by saying this, but please don't disappear again.

You don't understand how much you worried not only me, but everyone else.

 

--------------------

 

Thank you for worrying, but at the same time, I am very sorry.

Yes, Let's have a talk about this.

Let's talk about it with a few other people so it will be easier instead of retelling the story every time.

I'm excited to meet you again.

 

--------------------

 

I put my legs off the bed and as I sat up, I received a text on my phone for work.

 

--------------------

 

No. Your manager did not change.

I was so worried about you.

What made you think that I wasn't your manager?

Haha. You're so silly.

Don't push yourself too far like you usually do.

 

--------------------

 

Well, I'll be headed there for work today.

I hope to see everyone again.

 

--------------------

 

I changed my clothes and prepared myself for work.

"Kei-niichan! I'm heading to work!" I called out.

"Wait Reechan! He came running out of his room. Can I at least have a hug before you leave?"

I spread my arms out and accepted him.

"When will you be able to tell us about what happened?" Kei-niichan asked looking into my eyes with his dark and yet glittery eyes.

"Oh, I'm not sure yet. I hope sometime later this week or early next week."

"Okay. Be safe when you're going."

"Yes niichan. I'll be back tonight." I left the house as I waved at him.

 

--------------------

 

I sighed as I entered the building.

So I'm working again starting today. Hope everyone welcomes me warmly. I'm afraid that they're mad at me. But I guess that's just another way for them that they worried.

I opened the door as I greeted the people there.

"Reena-chan! I can't believe you're back! Is this really you!? I heard from your manager." Tegoshi-san spoke as he came up to me as if he didn't do anything wrong.

So I put a smile on my face. "Yes, I'm Reena. Yoshimura Reena. I must've worried everyone. I apologize about the time I was gone."

"There are some reporters here waiting to ask questions." My manager-san said as she was walking towards me and I was surprised to see that it was actually her.

Reporters? This early in the morning?

"Yes. Allow me to get comfortable first."

"Of course. Don't hold back."

I put my bag down as I took deep breaths.

I sat down in front of the group of reporters. "Hello. Shall we start the interview?"

"Yes. First and most important of all, where have you been the past while?" The first reporter closest to me asked right off the bat.

"Well, long story short, I've been having trouble reaching out to social life. I was trapped in my own world and I was afraid of losing something close to me. And when I noticed, I was taken away from my fans and those who care for me. I was alone in a dark room with very few light. I didn't eat anything the whole time I was there.

Did you see the face of the person who took you away? Do you know that person or at least recognize him from a concert or anywhere else?

I saw the face, but I did not recognize who this person was. I only knew that this person was a guy with blond hair."

"Did you feel anything before you were taken away?"

"During my private times, I hang out with my very few friends sometimes like any other people would. I was having fun, but I felt a pair of eyes on me. On a different day, that man came up to me and asked how it was that day. I was wondering why or how he knew that I was with the people he described. I came to a conclusion that he was stalking me."

"How did you feel when you found out who it was?"

"I was terrified of course. So terrified, that I couldn't scream. I was speechless."

"Did you try to call the police?"

"Well, this stalker-san was actually someone I knew for so long. On the day I was going to leave the place, someone came in and asked who I was. I looked so different from when I first appeared on television but he recognized me and asked if I was her. He started touching me but that 'stalker-san' came in and they started a fight. From how the 'stalker-san' was mad, I finally remembered that we met about the age I was to start kindergarten. To protect him, I took the phone there and called the police. So yes, I did try and it worked out completely fine."

"Have you ever wondered why this happened to you and not anyone else?"

"No, not really. Not because I have confidence in how I look or anything, but because everyone is different and that's unavoidable. Everyone lives for different reasons."

"Yoshimura-san! Your recording is going to start in about five minutes. Get prepared. A man from the recording group called."

"Okay! Let me just answer two more questions."

"Can you guarantee that this won't happen ever again?"

"I definitely cannot guarantee that this won't happen again. We don't live in a perfect world and I'm a celebrity. Almost everyone around the world knows my name and face. There's nothing I can do about it. I hope everyone understands."

"Last question. Is there anything you want to add or tell your fans and the world about?"

"Well, I was going to have a recording for the theme song of the drama I've been acting in called 'Hatsukoi' which is going to be aired on April 1st of next year. But I just want to let everyone know that I am safe. I am alive. I ask not only my fans, but anyone else to keep supporting me. The reason to why they love me doesn't matter as long as I am remembered as who I am."

"Thank you for allowing us to interview you. You must've been nervous."

"No problem. I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still here." I smiled.