My Parent

I Missed You

Days went by as we continued to live our life. Waking up. Eating. Working. Acting. Singing. Being tired. Celebrating birthdays. Sleeping. I almost lost myself in time.

The warmth was coming closer. Warming me. Melting the ice coated around me.

Spring is just around the corner.

"Reena! It's time to stop hibernating and get out of bed! You'll be late!" Kei-niichan called from the other side.

I sat up looking at the mirror on the other side of the room. I took the brush by the alarm clock and brushed my hair. I changed my clothes and another work day started.

 

--------------------

 

"You're starting today with Janiben. Good luck."

"Why good luck? They're just people. It's just that they're a bit stupid. It'll be fun. Oh yeah, when is this being aired? I want to watch is at home."

"It's aired on July 29th."

"So there's more than a month and we're doing it now?" I chuckled.

I smiled and opened the door before being called.

"Wait, why are you entering? I didn't call yet!" Murakami-san said.

"Cause I wanted to do something so I would be remembered!"

"Anyways, our guest today is Yoshimura Rina-san!"

"Wait, why the anyways? Don't just leave it behind!"

"Our punchliner got punchlined!" Shibutani-san joked and laughed.

Okura-san was laughing in the back as he clapped his hands.

"We ask our female fans who her favorite member of Kanjani8 is." Murakami-san continued.

"Yes I know."

"Who may yours be?"

"Shibutani Subaru-san and forever Shibutani Subaru-san. My choice will not change by the time we finish this. I said so. After Shibutani-san, it would be Okura-san, then Yasuda-san. But Shibutani-san is funniest with Maruyama-san."

"Why do you say that?"

"I remember the one time where you were doing a skit of Momotarou and Shibutani-san was the monkey and Maruyama-san was one of the oni. Shibutani-san took the dango and the sword at the beginning. That was funny."

"But I'm asking why you think Shibutani and Maru are funniest together."

"Wait, I'm getting there. At the end, they were doing Rock Paper Scissors. The faces and voices they were making were hilarious and it wasn't planned."

"Okay."

"Wait, what's with the cold attitude?"

"I'm surprised at how aggressive you are right now. You're usually quiet and calm whenever I see you." Yasuda-san said suddenly.

"Because I know I'd be yelling at some point so might as well be excited now." I explained.

"Oh, and your birthday was just recently. It was on the 26th if I am not mistaken."

"Happy birthday!" Shibutani-san said with a big smile across his face.

"Oh, why, thank you." I bowed.

"Break for a short moment!"

"Already? I want to talk more."

"There's still time! And we can talk during the break!" Murakami-san pointed.

I pouted. "Murakami-san, you hurt me. You know how delicate I am?"

"I don't even care anymore! Just, just sit down. I give up on this."

I sat down facing the other way so I could see the members instead of the audience.

"You're so cute! I'm a really huge fan of yours I'm so glad I got to meet you today. I went to your first live concert in Hawaii." Maruyama-san said.

"You came to my concert? What about your work? Didn't your managers or other members get mad at you for doing that?"

"I was scolded but it was worth it."

"Where does he rank? You said Shibutani-san is your favorite here." Murakami-san pointed at Maruyama-san.

"He's fourth. I don't necessarily love him as much as Shibutani-san, but I don't hate him either."

"Then how about the last three that are left?" Yasuda-san questioned.

"I don't really care about the rest. But if I had to say, it'd be Shibutani-san, Okura-san, Yasuda-san, Maruyama-san, Murakami-san, Nishikido-san, then Yokoyama-san."

"Eh?! I'm last? I lost to Murakami?" Yokoyama-san was surprised. "How can I lose to that dude?"

"I don't really know. You're so pale you look like you have a cold or something." I hid my face with my hands.

"Then what about me? What about me?" Nishikido-san sat up.

"You? I simply lack interest. Apathy was it?"

"I guess I can't help it then. But it pisses me off that I'm lower than him." He relaxed.

I whispered into Shibutani-sans ear. "Will you take a copy of today's show on DVD for me please?"

"Leave it to me."

I turned around and sat properly.

I sighed. "I'm so tired."

"We'll start in 3... 2..."

"On a day off..."

"I want to stay indoors the whole day!"

"Oh, about half can relate. What do you do when you're home?"

"I chat with the very few friends I enjoy being with and play with kittens."

I was wondering why I heard giggles and turned around. When I saw Yasuda-san, I smiled and hid my face with both hands. He was sitting down until a moment ago but he was sitting up.

"Why are you laughing after looking at me?" Yasuda-san said seeing me hide myself.

"You were so relaxed before but when I turned around because of the giggling, you were engaged in the conversation." I looked at him.

"Eh... Because... I love cats..."

"Yeah I know. In fact, I do too. But my favorite animal is lion."

"Eh, lions? Why lions?"

"They're so cool. Even tigers. They're so great. There's no way I can hate them."

"What about cats?"

"Of course I love cats. I love animals in general but it's just that my favorite is a lion."

"What's your favorite type of dog?"

"It may be troublesome, but I love big and fluffy dogs. They seem friendly."

"Why would they be troublesome if they're friendly?" Yasuda-san looked worried for some reason when I said that.

"Well, because of the fur. The fur would be all over the place and it would be difficult to get the dirt of."

"You think a lot don't you?"

"I guess I do since I'm usually alone and I don't have much to do. I like daydreaming."

"You two are chatting for too long. Next." Murakami-san interrupted.

"What I want to accomplish is..."

"Going to all the shrines in Japan!" I looked around. "Oh, Maruyama-san, I thought you'd relate to this. If I remember correctly, you used to go to shrines or a specific shrine as a kid."

"Oh, you know about it? That makes me so happy." Maruyama-san said with a smile. "I couldn't relate because I only went for the candy when I was a kid."

I nodded.

"Why do you want to go visit all the shrines?" Okura-san asked from behind.

"It is believed that certain gods do different things and there are different gods at each shrine which I find interesting. Also, I'd like to greet each and every single one of them at least once in my life since I've been born to this world."

"You're such a good child."

"Why are you saying as if you're my parent?" I smiled at him.

"You're a good person." He smiled his smile. "Wait, that's so cute you're blushing."

"It's not only to greet the gods. I want to see that one shrine in which it survived both the bomb back in World War II and the big earthquake that happened on March 11th 3 years ago was it? Or was it 4? It's either in Nagasaki or Hiroshima. I don't remember which."

"You know so much! I didn't even know about it." I heard one of them say.

"Of course. I'm in love with Japan."

"Where do you get the news though? You weren't here when this all happened right?"

"I had quite some time when I attended school because I study the things I learned the day of and soon enough, I was studying ahead. So during the free time I had, I did research because I thought that it'd be worth it."

"How do you do that?" Shibutani-san asked.

"As a kid, I was really interested in the self, the identity. And I'd search about things so I'd be able to understand people better."

"You're such a good person." Okura-san said again.

"Am I? I don't know. I'm just me."

"Can I pat your head?" He asked.

"Pat my head? Why? Did I do something?"

"No don't worry about him just face forward." Shibutani-san told me.

I started swinging my legs from being bored and tired.

"When a song starts while at home..."

"I start dancing!"

"Yay!" I heard Maruyama-san.

I started laughing and raised a hand to Maruyama-san for a high five but Yasuda-san gave it to me instead. Then I heard one of my song start and became alert. I turned around at Maruyama-san to see if he was dancing. Just when I saw him, he started and Shibutani-san danced along with him.

I couldn't stay still so I got up and joined them.