Your Soul

I Missed You

"Reechan, your phone has been ringing for a while now."

"Oh, good morning niichan." I moaned.

"Don't good morning me, answer the phone. It must be important. It's a call from the same number again." Kei-niichan peeked into my phone.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"It's Ninomiya Kazunari. How do you feel so far? I heard you took a sick day. Did you watch or read the news? You're still coming to our live concert tomorrow right?"

"What news do you speak of? Of course I'm going to the concert. I'm sorry, I've been asleep until a minute ago because of the headache."

"Well, you'll hear about it sooner or later. I'm glad to hear that you're coming. Let's meet up after the concert. I'll give you a paper as you leave. We'll meet up there."

I wonder what it's about but I'll just do as he tells me for now.

"Alright. I'll dress up so nobody recognizes me but I'll try to dress up so that you will. Even if you don't realize that it's me, I'll say something that will give you an idea of who it is. See you there." I hung up on the phone. "Kei-niichan! I'll get going to the airport."

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes. I checked. See ya!" I rushed out the house.

 

--------------------

 

Just when the concert was about to start, Ohno-san came out with a mic. He apologized about what happened the previous day and promised not to meet again. That must've been the reason for my headache.

 

--------------------

 

"Next up is One Love!" Ninomiya-san yelled out.

I felt that I made eye contact with Ohno-san at the time as if he was trying to tell me something. His eyes were deep in color.

Then the crowd around me screamed. I realized some of them were his fans.

I see. That's how it is... It wasn't just me. He also felt bad. He even cornered himself. We were both wrong... But I don't know how I'm supposed to make up with him?

 

--------------------

 

The concert has finished and as we were all leaving, everyone was screaming shaking the member's hands. When my turn came, I kept my hat on and took my hand out with a smile.

"Good work with the concert. Hope to meet again." I hinted out to Ninomiya-san.

He shook my hand with something in it. I took it and left the place.

I took a few steps out of the building and looked at what was in my hand. It was a note telling me where to wait for Ninomiya-san.

I headed to the place written on the little piece of paper.

I was looking down at the paper as I headed to the destination. They were there already.

What? There are way too many legs.

I looked up to see what was waiting for me. All five Arashi members were there. I was surprised to see them. The atmosphere made me feel uncomfortable.

"Ninomiya-san, what is this? Why did you yell out One Love? I've been wondering since that was the only some title spoken throughout the whole concert."

"It was the song I wanted to send you." This was Ohno-san's voice.

Then, I remembered about his apology.

"I apologize about what I did on the night of my birthday."

"I've heard about what happened after from Nino and Aiba-chan."

"But is it possible for us to still keep some distance in between for a little longer?"

"Why are you speaking so formally?" He questioned. "The reason why I'm acting this way is because you're not by me. I understand why we kept distance for the past two months. But you still got hurt and I admit, it's my fault. I'm really sorry I made you feel this way. But I don't think there is no need to keep distance now."

"No, there's still so much to process and I'm not so sure what I should be doing to make this situation better. I still need time to think about it."

"Let me help you. How many times are you planning on making me say so? Don't carry everything on your own... Always talking with Nino..."

Is he jealous? Has he been jealous? Was he holding the feeling in? Why are tears rolling down my cheeks? I don't understand my own feelings. Am I relieved to hear this?

"Why are you crying? I'm the one who wants to cry. You know, I sometimes wonder where you are. I can't find you at times."

I held onto the necklace given from Ohno-san years ago.

Have you led me here? Thank you.

I took a deep breath.

"What is that?" Ohno-san approached and was surprised.

"Where I am? I'm always on the other side of being lonely. I'm alone, but I'm not. I have supporters, but I'm alone. I didn't want to hurt anyone." I tried to hide the necklace.

"The necklace I gave sixteen years ago. Does that mean you have the lion doll too? I only have the gifts you gave to me on my birthday last year... You're so unfair. And now you're saying that we should keep distance. You have what I gave years ago. Your treasures. But I only have you."

"Let me explain later... Let me explain after the concert tour. So, don't make such a scary face. Please, don't be mad."

Nobody noticed... Nobody realized the change in his eyes... The entrance to his soul... His feelings... Their fans were only thinking about the concert. They were just so happy that they were able to see them live without a screen. Nobody know how he really felt.

"What kind of face is that? It's normal."

"It's not normal at all. You look impatient. You're being impatient."

"No I'm not. I'm completely normal. What about me makes you think that I'm being impatient? What is not normal about me?"

"Everything. Looking into your eyes makes me think so. Your eyes, the entrance to your soul and feelings. Don't you know? I understand without words."

"You're kidding."

"Riida, just admit it. You do know that she studied psychology in college." Ninomiya-san put his hand on Ohno-san's shoulder.

I wrapped him with my arms. "I guess it's enough with the distance. I'm keeping you by my side. Stay with me. I need you with me or I think I'll go crazy. We'll both go crazy."

"Right back at you." He put one hand on my head.

"I don't belong to any entertainment or office like the Johnny's so why not get a blessing from him and send a marriage registration by the 26th this month? I don't know when we'd be able to have the wedding though." I looked up at him.

"I don't think that's a bad idea. You should go get permission from Johnny-san right after the concert is over." Matsumoto-san was supportive of the idea.

"We're invited to the wedding right?" Aiba-san joined excited.

"Of course!" I smiled at him. "I can't wait. Alright, I'll have to do my best with writing lyrics. I want to help people out and tell them that there's a meaning to everything and that nobody is born to this world to be alone. We just have to find the right people."

"Can't we just text him right now about this though?" Sakurai-san suggested.

"But, what about the incident from yesterday?" I questioned.

"We'll do something about it. Don't worry."