Like You

I Missed You

"Do it more like a younger sister. Look up as if you're acting spoiled." The photographer told me and I posed. "You have a cute younger sister type look. Let's use that to our advantage."

But that's people see me right? What about who I am at heart? How can you say such things when you know nothing about me?

"How about we change things up a bit and I act as the cool older sister type?"

"Are you planning on ditching your fans?"

"Did I ever say that? I'm just bringing up an idea. What is so wrong with that? How my fans see me is my fans' choice. I wonder how you were able to say that without knowing how I feel. I kept the same smile I had for the pictures. You can't do that for your cute younger sister? I want to try it out. I want to challenge myself to see if I can do it."

There was a short pause.

"It's just a waste acting like a spoiled brat. It's not worth it."

"Then I'll quit working here. I'll work for a different magazine company. If I can't do the type of modeling I want to, then there is no point in me being here. Anyone can do the same pose. And, I don't think my fans would like to see the cute younger sister type all the time. That is why I am suggesting to switch it up a bit. Don't you want to maintain your sales? If not, do better?"

"Okay I get it." The cameraman said then I heard him whisper to himself, "Stubborn."

"Like you know the real me." I mumbled to myself.

"Reena-chan, you didn't have to say it like that." My manager-san came up to me. "Wasn't a different way to tell him what you thought?"

"That cameraman, I thought when I was observing him. He doesn't change his ways. He makes models make similar poses. As for me, it’s not fun at all and it becomes tiring and painful to make a smile. I'd like to show a smile closest to my natural state as much as possible."

"You always think about others but you really do dislike those you dislike."

"Just looking at the face, just hearing the voice, just being close to someone like him, it disgusts me. There has to be some sort of distance in between or I feel uncomfortable."

"You look mysterious at first sight but you're very true to yourself."

"I just live the way I want to."

"That's like you."

 

--------------------

 

"Ah, Ninomiya-san, it has been a while."

"Hey there!" Ninomiya-san was energetic.

"You're so energetic today."

"Today is a good day."

He's appealing that it's his birthday. It looks like he's asking for his present.

"Until when are you working today?"

"I think I'm working until 5 in the evening. What about you?"

"Me? I think I'm acting in a drama with Sakurai-san until about half an hour past 5 this evening. It may take longer though."

"Oh, you're acting in the same drama? What kind of drama is it?"

"It's something you should wait for. I don't want to spoil anything. I don't even know what it's about for myself." I chuckled. "Well, I have to get going. See you."

"But..." I heard him but continued.

 

--------------------

 

"Hello. Let's do our best again today."

"Sakurai-san whispered into my hears. What should we do about the kiss scene? And you already have Ohno-san for you."

"There's a kiss scene in this drama?"

"Eh, there wasn't? Did you read the script?"

"The script? I memorize it right before. Was this that kind of story?"

"Pft. Correct. That was a lie. I was only testing you since you're looking at it. It made me wonder if you actually understand what is going on."

"If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to act."

"That's true. Do you know what we're acting today?"

"There's no way I know. I'll memorize it right now."

"I'm surprised that you don’t make any mistakes even if you memorize it the moment before." Sakurai-san kept a distance.

"I imagine from what happened last time. You can't act without imagining."

"But don't you practice at home usually?"

"I can't remember lines even if I practice at home."

"It's time to put on make up!"

 

--------------------

 

"Ready... Start!"

"You, what exactly do you know about me anyways? You know nothing about me!" I jumped and spinned as I tried to kick him.

"But, you're another human being! You're human with human feelings!"

"Cut!!! That was great. It was very real and impressive."

"I apologize Sakurai-san. The me from the past came back to me and spoke instead. It's the same even now though."

"But your acting is really perfect. I wonder how Nino would react if he saw your acting in real life instead of looking through the screen."

"Do you think so? But I think both Ninomiya-san and Sakurai-san are equally great. I'm nothing compared to you. You have more experience. I admire you."

"But I think you're the greatest since you try your best."

"Is this really my best though? I don't know for myself."

"Take 2! Ready..."

"What do you know about me? You know nothing."

 

--------------------

 

"Oniichan, I'll get going."

"Be careful."

"I'll be careful."

"Are you sure?"

 

--------------------

 

I rang the doorbell.

"Eh, Ohno-san? Why did you open the door instead? I'm sorry I'm late."

"Nino's being weird right now. And don't worry about being late. Everyone else is in the living room. Go ahead and make yourself at home."

"Pft. But isn't this Ninomiya-san's place?" I chuckled.

"Nino's going to die if you don't go already."

"Eh, if Ninomiya-san is here why didn't he open the door? He's the one who invited us."

"Funny huh?"

"I can't wait to surprise him when I get the chance."

"It's okay. You don't have to be able to. You don't have to have a surprise every time." Ohno-san patted my head gently from behind.

Ow... My forehead hurts. Why is that?