The Time Has Come

I Missed You

"Reena-chan, it's like that." I didn't quite understand what Aiba-san was trying to say. "That's how you truly smile. Relax. You don't have to be so nervous and stiff. A smile is the best outfit you can wear." He put his hand on my head.

"You want to go back inside? It's cold out." Sakurai-san suggested but I just stood there. As they were going back in, Sakurai-san asked me, "Reena-chan? What's wrong?"

I felt my heart pounding against my chest.

What is this feeling?

 

--------------------

 

I thought about the mysterious man from the past night a lot. I remember I could see his hair - it was clearly blond. The only person I knew who was blond was... Tegoshi Yuuya...

I heard the chuckle in my head again and it repeated over and over. It was a nightmare... Awake...

I've thought of people I knew who chuckled like that. It was nobody other than Tegoshi Yuuya.

It was him. Did he follow me? I don't know. How did he know where I was? Where Ohno-san lived? Who gave the information? How did he get it?

There were way too many unanswered questions.

 

--------------------

 

"Reena-chan!" I flinched. It was Tegoshi-san who called from behind. "We're starting the filming for the movie of 'Hatsukoi' right? Well, isn't that exciting?"

I was tired from hearing his voice already.

"What's wrong Reena-chan? You've been dozing off. Did something happen? Or could you have finally fallen in love with me?" Tegoshi-san was shooting questions.

"Like I would... I'm just tired of having to hear your voice." I answered after a sigh.

"Ouch... You're so cruel Reena-chan... But that's what I like about you." He smiled.

 

--------------------

 

The filming went on for hours and hours, days and days.

I yawned as I reached out for the doorknob until my head suddenly started to hurt again and I was dizzy - as dizzy as the last time this happened. That's when I found out, the time has come.

I opened the door and threw my things in and fell to my knees. Kei-niichan was surprised.

"Kei-niichan! It's here! It's now!" I started yelling and screaming.

Kei-niichan immediately understood the situation and came running to me. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

I was panting and tears were falling down my cheeks. "I don't know... I don't know..."

There was an explosion and I felt a sudden pain for just a short moment in my shoulder.

"Reechan! Just come in!" Kei-niichan pulled me into the house seeing the situation I was in, slammed the door, and locked it. "You're safer in here."

I couldn't say a single word. I was lost in what was going on especially with my shoulder and my vision was blurry. Soon enough, I was in my own world again.

 

--------------------

 

When I opened my eyes, I was on a bed in a dark room. I looked around and didn’t recognize the place. I reached to touch my shoulder to see if it was still there but the door suddenly opened. The person sat on the seat next to the bed. I heard this person take a deep breath and whisper my full name. From the voice, I could tell that it was a man. I tried to see his face but the room was too dark. Then someone else entered and turned the lights on.

"You were allowed to turn the lights on Tegoshi-san." This was a young woman’s voice.

Tegoshi-san? Tegoshi Yuuya? Why is he here? Why did he come first? Well, I guess Kei-niichan went to work or something but why is he here alone? What about Masuda-san? Where is this? What time is it? What happened in that short moment? What happened to my shoulder?

"Oh Yoshimura-san, you’re awake. I’m glad." The nurse spoke to me. "This is the hospital. You’ve been shot with a bullet in the shoulder. Just get some rest and your wound will gradually heal. Make sure you raise your arm up every once in a while."

"Uh... Um... Sorry... Thank you for taking care of me."

"My pleasure. Is there anything I can do for you now? Tegoshi-san just arrived to this hospital to visit you specifically. Can you see him?"

"Yes, I can see him clearly. May I have a glass of water?" I asked politely and the nurse left.

"So Reena-chan... Sorry I couldn't bring you anything but; I was so worried when I heard from our leader that you were shot." Tegoshi-san started.

"Then why aren't the other members here? Why are you the only one? Where's Kei-niichan? Where's Masuda-san? Where's -" Tegoshi-san cut me off.

"Masu's at work and your cousin went home. The other one is probably at work also. I'm sorry it had to be me and only me. Sorry it's not any of the Arashi members." His voice rose and he became sulky.

"It's not that Tegoshi-san. Why did you come alone? Do you have something to say to me that you can't say in front of others?"

He laughed at me. "You don't make sense." He patted my head with a sweet look. "I just wanted to see your face. I'm glad you're fine."

There was a moment of silence. Just as I was going to say something, the nurse came back with water.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation. It must've been important." The nurse said as she entered without hesitation and placed the glass by the lamp.

Am I feeling too nervous? I need to calm down a bit. What could possibly happen? Right... What can possibly happen? This is a hospital.... But anything can happen considering it's just me and Tegoshi-san alone in the same room... He's way too unpredictable. I have to be careful.

"Yoshimura-san, you have another visitor." The nurse opened the door again. "Would you like to allow him to enter to meet him? It's Ohno Satoshi-san from Arashi."

"Yes. Please allow him to enter." I replied as calm as possible.

I could feel my heart pounding again but for a different reason.

What is this? It's different from before... When is this feeling going to end? I'm so glad he visited. But... With Tegoshi-san here... It's difficult to talk about certain things. I want to cry. Is this on the news right now? Are people going to interview me? I have to be careful when leaving. Ohno-san...

The door opened. The man stood there staring at me. He walked up to me and held my cheek in his dark hand. I heard him sniffing and tears were falling down his cheeks. This was definitely Ohno-san. It had to be him. I wiped his tears with my thumbs.

"Ohno-san... I'm still here. You don't have to worry about anything. I'll get this wound healed as quickly as possible. But please do keep crying. Keep crying until you feel better. There were many times I wanted to give up but I'm not giving up anymore. It's all thanks to you. It's all thanks to everyone who always supported me and worried about me. I'm looking forward to the future. It's because of you and everyone else who ever red my life with loud footsteps." I reached out towards his shoulders.

I won't let you go anymore. I'm not letting you go anywhere. I'm not going anywhere. I don't want to leave you anymore. I want to stay with you. I want you to stay with me. Don't you feel the same? We need each other. It might hurt people, but we can do something to change the world. We can do it together. I strongly feel that way. Together, we'll rise to a higher place. I don't know what I'll do without you guys.

Ohno-san reached around my torso and held me tightly and closely not wanting to let go. We felt the same way for each other. It was like he and the others added color to my black and white world. We're staying together.