Closing My Eyes

I Missed You

"Why do you always wear a hoodie anyways? Do you ever wear shorts? Do you think he'll look at you with that type of fashion sense? Because the chance is nearly zero." She started giving me an attitude as if she knew everything.

"If that's what you think, then that's what you think. I can’t do anything about it can I? For it doesn't show who I am. Rather, that just shows who you are without yourself knowing it. Please understand that just because you think one way doesn't mean that Ohno-san agrees."

She grinded her teeth. I could feel my heart beating against my chest but I tried to stay calm. I didn't know what she was thinking of doing to me. It could've been that she was thinking of pushing down the bookshelves and flee as if she was the victim of all this. I had more than enough trust of the staff in the building but she was newer than I so I was a bit hesitant in which side they would take if it actually happened, so I closed my eyes, scratching my head.

By closing my eyes, everything clicked. I realized that there weren't many books on the shelves so that meant that the damage caused would be less than what I imagined if it did happen.

While my eyes were closed, I saw myself standing in the room clueless of what happened. When I turned around, there was a young lady with a man standing next to her in the light.

I opened my eyes and I could tell that Maezono-san has been wondering what I was doing but when I looked at her, she looked away as if she didn't care. And she didn't.

Then suddenly, my mind was flooded with another realization.

"There was a blizzard back in December. You said you debuted in the last day of November. If I remember correctly, the weather said it would be sunny all day. Did you have anything to do with it by any chance?" I asked out of curiosity as I looked up at her figure.

She looked at me surprised. "Yes it did actually. I was very excited to see you but I thought that it would be weird and that you'd find me creepy if I suddenly came up to you so I tried to keep my feelings in but it came out as a blizzard. Why do you ask so suddenly?"

Something clicked in my mind again.

"No, it's nothing really. I was reminded that there was a blizzard after you debuted, that's all. Nothing special." I let out a breath. "I'm glad I found out why."

"Really? There was also other incidents in which something similar happened. This other time, there was a hurricane and that time, there was a great earthquake... I don't know why this happens and I don't know if I can control it or not... But I hope I can."

I just wished that she could and that it didn't happen around anyone ever again. I remember the neighbors were so troubled when the blizzard came. The amount wasn't normal to begin with. I bet it is related with my visions as well.

"Well anyways, just stay away from him. He is special to me and I will become special to him. I don't know what kind of replatioship you two are in, but I'm not liking it.” She stomped her foot against the floor.

"Or is it just that you're jealous because you're a bigger fan of Ohno-san than me? And besides, how do you know that we talk occasionally? I find that to be unnatural. I've never said a single thing about him to you until today and the topic about relationships as well."

She hesitated. "It was the rumors. I heard a worker say that she saw you two together one time and you seemed to be enjoying yourself unlike when you were working."

"That was only that one time. And there's no proof that we've been together. That worker said but didn't take a picture and we don't know if she's telling the truth or not. And just because we were together doesn't mean we were on a date."

"You're so defensive and annoying! Why can't you just admit that you're dating or something? You're obviously hiding something from the whole world!"

"It's because I know the consequences. I studied day and night. I admit that we have a good relationship, but does that mean we have to tell the public about it? I don't think so. This is a cruel world, both the celebrity and the real world. Not everyone is accepting. People do not want to accept certain facts, like you."

"What did I not accept?" Her voice started to rise.

"The fact that you're just jealous of the relationship between me and Ohno-san. You're obviously a fan of his, bringing me out to a room like this to talk about something outside work. And, your voice is rising. Maybe you should lower it before someone finds out that we’re here." I looked straight into her eyes. "Is it really true that you are a fan of mine? Or have you just followed me here to kill time? If you really looked up to me, you would think of what I might do before putting something into action."

"Who do you admire for you to be able to stay as calm as you are and create songs you've created this far? What motivates you?"

"Carl Rogers, SUPER BEAVER, and the leader of NEWS, Koyama Keiichiro-san. Carl Rogers was a psychologist who looked after patient after patient, which is why I studied psychology and the humanistic approach. It also helps me out to the making of my songs, music, and music videos. SUPER BEAVER really inspired me to create music of my own. Their lyrics always reached to my cold heart back in he old days when I still went to school, and they still do. I wanted to spread that as I use what I've learned. For Koyama-san, I'm not so sure why or how but he really calms me. His existence reminds me of so many things. I’m really grateful of him for what he has done. It's the same with the other two, but he really reminded me the importance of not giving up and always giving your heart to whatever you do."

"You sure do talk a lot when it comes to something you love and care about. I couldn't keep up with what you were telling me. Anyways, um, I'm just so surprised that you didn't mention Ohno-san or is that the reason why you didn't mention? Because you knew that I'm in love with him?"

She said it.

"It is because I don't see him as someone I admire or someone who has inspired me. Yes, he has affected me and has made an effect on my life, but when asked if I admire him or not, that would be a no and that is because I see him more like a friend or something of that level. He doesn't seem or act superior to anyone in any way except when he meets his kouhai."

"But you joined this world after him."

"But I am not part of the Johnny's Entertainment. Yes, I am his kouhai in this world in general and on life, but work wise, we don't have a senpai and kouhai type of relationship. Therefore, I cannot look up at him. Then what about Koyama-san? Well, Koyama-san has really been a big help to me, bigger than Ohno-san actually. When I was troubled, he was the first person I'd open it up to because of the trust I have for him and even now, I go up to him."

"So, then why do I have this feeling that you and Ohno-san are dating?"

"How would I know? You need to tell me more about how you are feeling in order for me to find out more of what is going on in your mind."

"Do you have your therapist mode on me? You know I studied the same thing you did from high school all the way to college right?"

"Of course I do. You told me. But just because you took the same courses as me, doesn't mean you did as well and actually paid attention to what was being said. And it's not like you took the courses because you wanted to or you had a goal unlike me, who chose to take the courses because I was interested in it."

"That is not true. I had a goal and it's my goal until this day. My goal is you! You're my motivation! You're the reason why I came this far!"

"Then why did you call me to such a place? I have a general idea of what you might do to me. Should I keep the door open or not?"

"How do you know? What am I going to do? Do you think you have some superpowers or something? You think you're a superhero now? Do you think you're special because of the number of singles you've been selling this past year and a few months?"

"Aren't you going to use those shelves to hurt me and call your manager to show it? Aren't you going to tell him that I tried to hurt you but failed? I guess you can say that I have superpowers. The power to see what may happen in the future. Don't you have a superpower also? The weather changes dramatically when you are extremely excited about something. And it's not just the weather, but earth. Isn't that your superpower? Didn't you notice it when you were young? Didn't your family fear you? Of course I'm special. But not in that kind of sense. I'm special because I'm different and unique. I live my own life, not anyone else's." I looked deep into her eyes, where her worries were hidden.

"You scare me... This is such a coincidence... There's no way this can happen. When did you realize what I was going to do to you? What will happen? Why aren't you doing anything about it?"

"I realized after I came in, when I closed my eyes. I'm doing something about it. Because I found out what you were going to do to me in this room that time, your true intentions of bringing me here. Because I learned how to control my power unlike you. I've been facing myself while you have been chasing after something you can never reach. Our powers are too different. In addition, I felt danger from you from even before we've met for the first time in this building. Do you feel any more scared?" One side of my mouth stretched from the fun I was starting to have.

I turned around and left the room before she could do anything else to me. She was someone who would turn into a past of mine soon. I knew how to leave my enemies behind and recently learned how to surround myself with people who love and accept me.

 

Author's Note: I was meaning to update the last chapter today, but I failed to do so. I know the chapters aren't completely up-to-date yet due to personal reasons, but I will be going on a program starting this Saturday/Sunday, August the 20th/21st (depending on the time zone), until June (with a Christmas/New Year's break in between) and will not be able to update new chapters during that time. I apologize to those wanting to read on, but I will update this story when I come back. I hope you understand.