A Supporter

I Missed You

I heard my phone ringing so I reached my hand out to find it. I slapped here and there until I felt the vibration at my fingertips.

I picked up the phone and answered.

"At least say something when you answer Reechan. I know it's early in the morning but still. You got work today." Kei-niichan spoke on the other side.

"What is it? It's still 6 am." I moaned.

"What do you mean still? It's already 6. I was checking the news just a few seconds ago and there was one breaking overnight. It's about you and Arashi's Sakurai Sho dating. It could be from when you were filming. The director probably already knows about this so you just have to be careful heading to work. You might be stopped by journalists and other interviewers for an explanation to this."

"Okay. I'll check the news for myself. Good luck with work and everything today niichan." I shoved my face into the pillow.

"You too. Be careful."

The call ended.

I sat up and scratched my head. I checked my phone to check the news he was talking about.

 

--------------------

 

Breaking Overnight

A member of Arashi, Sakurai Sho and Yoshimura Rina, who just entered the celebrity world towards the end of November last year, have been found dating in the middle of Tokyo in the middle of the day. A woman in her 30s tweeted out on Twitter, 'I have found Sakurai Sho (Arashi) and Yoshimura Rina walking together side to side' with a clear picture of them together.

 

--------------------

 

So that's how it is. It doesn't even have the aura of a date. We don't look lovey-dovey.

I brought my pillow up and shoved my face in it. I yelled into it out of anger. Knowing that I had to go to work either way, I took out my clothes from the closet and changed into it. I filled the cats' bowl with its food. I went down the stairs and gave the dogs their food.

I let out a sigh. When I did, Maki rubbed her head against me as if to comfort me.

"Maki, you're so sweet. I put my hand on her neck. I'll have to go to work. I don't know when it'll finish but I will try to come back for lunch. If I don't, I'll just leave the box of dog food here. Kei-niichan isn't home, so when a stranger comes, you can bark as much as you want to protect the house. I'll be going off then. See you later."

I stood and went off to work.

 

--------------------

 

I came into my gakuya and rubbed my head.

What should I do? What should I do? Should I respond to society or should I not? If I do, wouldn't they be suspicious? If I don't, would they consider that we actually are? Would they be suspicious either way? What about Matsumoto-san's case? He didn't deny that they were dating... But that was because they are dating... This is a different case.

I changed into my outfit for the drama.

 

--------------------

 

"Director! What should I do!?" I came running in.

"You're so loud. It's still early in the morning. You're too anxious."

"Of course I will be!"

"Reena-chan, what's going on?" Sakurai-san put his hand on my shoulder.

"How can you stay so calm? You heard about the news didn't you?"

"It's nothing to go crazy about. You don't have to worry."

 

--------------------

 

"Look, she's right there with Arashi's Sakurai Sho. Should we go attack him?"

"Wait, who is that other dude that's with them? There are also people with a mic and camera. Is this a shoot or is it for news?"

"I don't know... But we should stay back for a little longer."

"Hey, did you hear about Rina-sama acting in a drama again?"

"What? Say that again?"

"Rina-sama is acting in a drama."

"That's it. There's no need for us to be here any more. And besides, don't you think she's not the kind of person who would date Sakurai Sho?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, they completely trust each other which I understand. Both of them are really reliable. But, they're not in that type of mood where they'd do what couples do."

"I see. From Arashi, who would you allow her to be with? I think she should be with Ninomiya Kazunari for the fact that they won't be leaving the house or apartment for a date and wouldn't be such a great deal to society when they see them together."

"If it's from Arashi, I'd ship her with Ohno Satoshi for the same reason but also the process of elimination. Aiba Masaki is more of a friend type. Matsumoto Jun is already rumored to be with someone else. Ninomiya Kazunari is to play games and such with. That just leaves Ohno Satoshi where there's nothing to point out about."

"We'd better get going then. They're not dating."

 

--------------------

 

I turned around.

"Reena-chan, what's wrong?"

"Someone was just there in between the two buildings."

"I'm absolutely serious. I felt some sort of existence there." I reached out and pointed.

Sakurai-san held onto my wrist. "There's noone there."

I smiled. "Sakurai-san, you think people can change their perspective on anything?"

"I think people can change when they choose to change, whether it is for the better or for the worse. It applies to you too doesn't it?"

I wonder if they understood that we're not dating. If they were head over heels in love with one of us that they want to kill one of us, I hope that they now understand that the tweet was a lie. That, it was just a great misunderstanding. I hope they're not as crazy, but became more of a supporter.

"Sakurai-san, I want to change. I don't know what I can do, but I'll just have to do it, to find out right? If that's the case, I'll try everything I got."

"Reena-chan, there will be no growth without change. You'll be able to do it."

 

--------------------

 

"Yoshimura, you sure you don't want to go out with him?"

"Sakurai-san is a good person. He's smart and understanding, but we're just friends. I can't imagine myself spending the rest of my life with him."

"I think it'd be great though..."

"There's something more important to think about right now. May I go? I have to go home and take care of things there and I'm running a bit late."

"If that is your will. Sorry to keep you here."