One Incorrect Step

I Missed You

I watched the five men play childishly from a distance safe enough that I won't be hit by the swords. I knew I could trust them when I was feeling down. They listen to what I have to say but they sometimes start fooling around, which was usually Aiba-san.

"Um... Sorry... I don't want to ruin the fun by interrupting but I was wondering if I could visit the other members' house also."

"Of course you can. We can go to Sho-chan's place any time we want to by the way. Just tell him that you'll be going. He has more work than we do but he should be home by 6 in the evening."

"Why are you telling her this in my place? And how do you know my schedule you creep!" Sakurai-san slapped Ninomiya-san on the shoulder lightly and started to chuckle. "But of course you can come by any day you would like." He gave his idol smile.

"Let's go now then! You said we could go any day right? Let's go right now then!" Aiba-san became excited as he spoke.

"But we just arrived at Riida's place." Sakurai-san let out another chuckle.

"But we've been visiting Riida's place more often recently than the other members."

"That would be because Reena-chan was more attached to Riida in the past so we thought she would feel safer here than our place. Didn't we agree to that?"

I was a bit confused. They were probably talking about the time after they found out that I was Tai-chan. They've always been worrying and taking care of me despite how much I have matured. I was looking down and playing with my fingers as the continued with their talk.

"Reena-chan? Let's go.We're going to Sho-chan's place. Ohno-san held my hand and I finally looked up at his face. You okay? You feeling good?"

"Um yeah I'm completely fine. Don't worry." I rushed myself to keep up with them. "I wonder what Sakurai-san's place is like." My hand tightened.

Ohno-san pulled me towards himself.

Ohno-san locked the door when we all left the house and entered Sakurai-san's van.

 

--------------------

 

We were laughing as we were walking towards the entrance of Sakurai-san's house which was quite big as expected from the superstar.

"Reena-chan? Are you keeping up? Aiba-san called me then smiled. Why are you all surprised?" He stood in front of me and flicked his fingers towards my forehead.

"Ouch..." I put my hands to my forehead.

Aiba-san smiled. He put his hand on my head and entered the house through the main entrance. Sakurai-san took over Aiba-san's place by taking my hand and leading me into the house. I was always surprised by Arashi's teamwork and how much they trusted each other. The distance in between them has shortened while I was gone. It was as if there wasn't much distance in between them to begin with. There were many times I wished that certain things didn't happen so I could be part of this knowing the fact that they were taking their time so that I'd end up being the same as them. So that I would be able to have such teamwork and trust, not that there wasn't any trust or teamwork to begin with.

I looked up.

It's so wide. This is too much for anyone to be living here alone. But I guess that's the same for Ohno-san too. I should come visit once in a while. Coming with the members as a surprise may be a good idea. They might not agree but I can ask them later. This opportunity is making me excited to visit the other's places. I wonder what they're like.

"Reena-chan, stop grinning. It's kinda disgusting seeing you grin. Rather, it's making me uncomfortable. I dont know what to do and it's probably not just me. It's probably the other members too. They might not show it because they're good at hiding it though."

"Matsumoto-san, do you think we can have a surprise party or something once in a while for Sakurai-san? I know he's usually working so we can't really prepare much, but can't we surprise him? I think this house is too big for him to be living alone. He might want to be alone to relieve stress from work a lot of times, but I think a surprise is good too. We can excite him or something. Like, relieve the stress by having fun, you know what I mean?" I suggested Matsumoto-san and looked up at him. "That's what I was thinking about. What do you think? Do you think it's a bad idea?"

"It's totally fine with me, but... what about the other members? You didn't ask them yet right? Find a chance to tell them while he's away." Matsumoto-san gave me a firm push on the back.

Sakurai-san welcomed me into his living room. My face glittered at how pretty it was. I was wordless and I didn't know what to say.

Should we really have surprise parties here for Sakurai-san? I'm not sure anymore. I feel that we shouldn't ruin the atmosphere already set in the house. It's very peaceful. But does he really not feel lonely living here? This place is really too big for Sakurai-san to be living alone.

"Relax. Sit anywhere. Make yourself at home." Aiba-san lead me.

"Like I said before we left Riida's place, why are you talking as if this is your place? It's my own." Sakurai-san chuckled.

"I'll cook something."

"Reena-chan, as our Aiba-san said just a moment ago, make yourself at home and relax." Sakurai-san pointed to a couch.

Matsumoto-san held my shoulders and pushed me there but I couldn't just stay put and do nothing. I really have to do something.

I started to feel uneasy just sitting around so I stood up and walked to the kitchen. "Sakurai-san, I really have to do something. I can't help myself. I have to do something but sit. "

Sakurai-san smiled. "You're telling me that? You gotta be kidding me. Go to Ohno-kun. He should have something for you."

This was my chance. This was my chance to tell Ohno-san about what I've been thinking of doing for Sakurai-san.

I looked around for a short moment. Where's Ohno-san? I saw him cutting the fishes.

"Hey guys, I'll go buy some drinks so I'm trusting you with the house." Sakurai-san suddenly said.

"Okay Sho-chan. Buy me orange soda?" Aiba-san seemed excited to party as if he sensed something from Sakurai-san or from the others which could be me.

"Get me grape soda!" Matsumoto-san followed.

"I want pockey!" Ninomiya-san was excited.

"As expected from the devil in the commercial. Here, 150 yen. Get Calpico please? You can keep the change." Ohno-san giggled as he took money out from his pocket.

"I'm not your slave guys. Whatever. How about you Reena-chan? What would you like? Would you like to go with me?" Sakurai-san put his arm around my shoulder.

I hesitated. I didn't know what I should do.

If I stay, I'd be able to tell the four of them about the party but Sakurai-san is inviting me to get drinks with him. I can't ask him to go buy something in place of me. I should go buy it myself with my own money.

"Reena-chan, I'm only inviting you to go with me. I'm not forcing you. Please understand. If you want to stay with the others, you may do that." He sighed. "Why aren't you looking at me? Why aren't you looking this way? Did I do something wrong?"

"I'd like to ask you some things. Is it fine?"

"I don't know why you're asking me. Ohno-san, may I borrow her while I'm gone?"

"Make one incorrect step and you know what'll happen."