Rise and Shine

I Missed You

This chapter is in Ohno Satoshi's POV.

 

"And then there's graduation in eastern America." Reena-chan chuckled.

Even at this time, after over an year has passed since she came to Japan, she was thinking about America, the country she was born and raised.

Do you want to go back? Are there times you think of the old times and want to bring it back? But you promised to stay together.

I opened my mouth to ask, but couldn't. I wanted to suggest to go back to visit the people she may have wanted to meet. It could've just been that graduation was a part of her after graduating school at least four times there. It could've been a habit.

 

--------------------

 

When my eyes opened half-way, it was dark and chilly. I didn't remember where I was and I couldn't see in this dark. But I knew I was laying down on the floor with a blanket keeping me warm enough to fall back asleep.

 

--------------------

 

I heard a yell to rise and shine. I opened my eyes to find myself laying down in a bright room. I tried to remember the reason why I was here but that was when I heard Sakamoto-senpai's voice telling someone else that that person should've let Reena-chan sleep a while longer. I sat up wondering who it was and it was the leader of NEWS, Koyama Keiichiro.

I looked around and all my memories came back in a flash.

Doesn't Reena-chan want to go back?

I gasped at the voice and hit my head against the glass behind me. Senpai reacted immediately and rushed over to my side.

"Good morning sleeping beauty!" He said loudly and clearly with an excited face.

"I'm not a girl." I pushed him away.

In the corner of my eye, I saw my kouhai helping Reena-chan back on the couch.

"I'm sorry, my legs seem to be weak this morning." I heard her say to the other.

"It's okay. They must be asleep still. Just give them some time."

That was when Sakamoto-senpai pulled me up onto my two feet. I walked up to Reena-chan with mixed feelings in me of both relief and confusion. She didn't dare to look at my eyes. We haven't made eye contact since that one time. Since then, she always painted her cheeks the color of cherry blossoms which even bloomed in this cold winter.

I tried messing her hair up. I tried massaging her. She wouldn't say a single word. She didn't show her smile that I was always used to seeing. When I realized, she was nodding off again, to sleep. The same face I saw when she came over.

I hated it. It annoyed me.

"I'm going home." I said annoyed.

"Hey, don't you have something to say to your senpai before you go?" Sakamoto-senpai crossed his arms and gave the senpai attitude.

"Thank you for the night." I bowed and left.

 

--------------------

 

When I arrived home, I took my phone out to send Reena-chan a text but I thought that she may still be sleeping on senpai's couch and I was afraid that the two men might look at it. Besides, I still had a week to talk to her until the shoots for our shows. And perhaps, we'd be able to meet again when Kouhaku Utagassen comes.

Will she even be there? She hasn't told me anything. It could be that she expects me to be there so she never had the chance to ask. Am I thinking too much? The more we don't talk, the more I want to meet. The more we're away, the more I want to hold her in my arms.

I left the phone behind on the table. I changed into my workout clothes and went out for a jog with my music to distract my mind. But even if I went out jogging with these people around, the first thing that came into my sight, was her.

I stopped in the middle of my steps as I saw her struggling to get out of the crowd. She was about to trip and fall after she managed to get out of the struggle. I ran to her and held her shoulders. She looked up and widened her eyes to see who it was who caught her from the fall. It didn't seem like she expected me at all. closed and widened.

"You okay?" I asked looking into her dark and sparkling eyes.

She stood up straight and fixed her hair, blushing.

"So, what are you doing at this time after the party?"

"That's what I want to ask you. I thought you were sleeping."

"Only for thirty minutes. I'm exhausted." I yawned. "I couldn't sleep so well last night. Ohno-san, you didn't answer my question."

"I was just jogging around. You've been avoiding eye contact with me and I think I've been thinking too much about it. I was worried but I was trying to forget it with music."

The ends of her lips raised into a bright smile. "You finally told me how you really feel deep within your heart. You can act so normal unlike me, I hate it."

That's not it... I haven't been normal at all. You were just not paying attention. You weren't looking at me. I'm not normal. You should know that well...

"When I'm with you, I become strange." I paused. "But being with you, I can change myself. And I felt that I really changed after the time we've spent together. I can become stronger. I can become brave. I feel like I can do anything with you by my side. I can do things."

"Ohno-san." She interrupted. "You're not the only one. That goes for me too, you know? My heart and mind get filled with different thoughts."

She raised her face with the bright smile of hers. She took my hand, pulled me, and started running towards my home.

"Let's go. I have something important to tell you. You'll be so surprised when you hear this. I'm not sure if you'll accept this reality, but I can tell you that I sure am excited!"

It felt like I haven't seen her smile like that in ages. Even her tone was different. In the end, I was always being pulled by her positive energy. She had the power nobody around me had. There was something special in her that nobody could see in the eye. It was always moments and days and weeks after that we, Arashi, noticed how much we changed because of her. And I always hoped that we weren't the only ones. Her fans, her supporters, the people she interacted with, I hoped that they were able to get something out of her.

I let go of her hand ran at my own will and lined up with her. She ran even quicker to battle me back to the front door like we used to do long ago.

There were so many things I forgot but she brought it back to me. She always had something to give. As time progressed, I had more memories of us together, just the two of us. Not all of them are fun, but they were still memories I treasured.

I feel like I'm going to explode. I was just jogging and now, I'm sprinting back. This isn't fair. Not fair at all. She should know this.

 

--------------------

 

We were standing in the living room, where we resumed the previous year. The place she told us everything and continued on from there. We were sweaty from the run. We were still panting and couldn't quite get ourselves together. We tried too hard.

The lady I've always been in love with for as long as I could remember, stood up straight. She put her arms to her sides and looked right into my eyes, serious.

opened and moved around. My ears caught every sound released from her. I've heard the subject, the action, her point, everything.

I doubted myself. I was surprised to hear the words Reena-chan spoke. I couldn't believe my ears. I couldn't believe her words. They didn't sound right. I panicked. My eyes weren't focused. I averted my eyes and tried to have the information sink in, but stayed at the top layer.

"I'm sorry, Reena-chan. I'm not sure if I heard that correctly. Can you say that again?" I pleased to make sure that what I have heard was correct.

"Ohno-san, I'm pregnant. There's life inside me that's not my own. I found out just this morning. I thought I'd tell you about this. I know this is a sudden, but I want to give birth to this child later next year." She put her hand over her lower stomach as she looked down.