Impressive

I Missed You

I put down the data and information I had so far on my laptop. I thought about my dream, the blizzard, and the face I saw. I put down the possibilities of what may happen.

I tracked down my memories of what happened the previous times. They were still precious data that brought me to where I was. I jot down each details remember from the time. I scratched my head and stretched. I took deep breaths.

I can't find anything similar in between them aside from the obvious. What am I doing to do? The sudden change in weather is the first time it happened.

That was when I thought of an idea.

I rushed and called Kei-niichan. I brought my laptop to him and showed him the data and asked him to tell me his thoughts on this. There were some things I didn't tell him so he was surprised. He almost scolded me but he knew I didn't mean it. He wrote everything he found in a different document for me. He told me to stay away so he could concentrate and focus on what was in front of him. But when I played with John and Maki, I was scolded.

I didn't know what I should do. I rolled around in the living room waiting for Kei-niichan to finish looking at the data I gave him.

When Ponta sat on my back, I was reminded of the snow and rushed to the second floor wearing my winter outfit. I opened the window side and jumped onto the snow with a shovel in my hand. I shoveled around to clear what surrounded the house.

As I continued to shovel, I felt land. I removed the snow with my boot and saw the roof of the lower level. I was excited but was also careful not to fall and hurt myself. Then, I thought of an idea. Dogs loved the snow so I went back in from the window up the snow mountain to get them.

With John and Maki by my side, I felt better. I knew I wasn't alone.

 

--------------------

 

By dawn, we only had a quarter of the snow that was surrounding the perimeter shoveled and out of the way. Kei-niichan said it was good progress even if he didn't shovel a single bit.

"I hope your muscles won't be sore tomorrow morning. It happens to everyone every year right? Or is it just me? Please say that it's not just me."

"It's not just you but that never happened to me. And I think it's just me that this happens. But I think it'll happen this time because of the amount." I smiled.

"Are you bragging to me? I don't understand how your body works." He chuckled. "Well, anyways, good work, all three of you. I am finished with comparing the data you gave me just so you know. I left your laptop on the kitchen table. And make sure the two gets cleaned before they enter. Or have them get a shower with newspaper leading them there."

"That's a good idea. Kei-niichan, since I'm kinda dirty too, can you get them?" I asked him with both my hands on my waist.

"What the heck. After making me look at your data..."

"At least you got to stay inside the whole day. Stop complaining niichan. Do you know how hard we worked in the cold today? We were out for hours!"

The dogs barked at him in agreement.

"Maki, John, why are you allying with her? I thought we were friends." He whined.

"Of course they will. They like me more than you. I'm like a second mother. Now, get the newspapers!" I pointed at him with a giggle.

He left as he chuckled along.

 

--------------------

 

Later that evening, I checked what Kei-niichan had to say about the data with a hot cocoa in one hand and a blanket warming me.

"Niichan! You're shoveling tomorrow right?" I yelled from my room.

"I thought you were going to finish!" He yelled back at me.

"How am I supposed to finish that amount when I could only do a quarter in a day? It's confirmed, you're helping out tomorrow whether you like it or not!"

"I was only joking! Of course I'm helping out!"

"I couldn't tell if you were joking or not since you were yelling!"

"You're yelling too, smartie!"

I smiled and whispered to myself, "Well, I was the one who started it."

He always saw the things I couldn't see. He could picky at times. It was annoying at those times it happened but it always really helped me out when I needed it.

I sent the data to Masuda-san and some others but without Kei-niichan's observations to see what they had to say about it.

 

--------------------

 

As expected, Sakurai-san was the quickest to respond. He must've stayed up all night for this. His observations were completely different from niichan's. It was as if he was looking at the opposite side. It was quite impressive.

"Reechan! We're going now! Be quick!"

I looked out the window for the weather.

The sun should help melt the snow today. It'll be slippery from the ice at the bottom once we get the snow out of the way though. But I guess it can't be helped.

"Niichan, I'm sore!" I complained not wanting to shovel.

"I told you. And you even said yourself that you'd get sore today."

"That's true but..."

"Here, let's go." He handed me a shovel and my winter outfit.

We went out the window to the hill I made with John and Maki the previous day.

"The weather isn't that bad today."

"What are you saying? You know how freezing it was yesterday?" I sniffed. "And don't you think we should put the newspaper now since we're all getting ourselves dirty?"

"Yeah, you're right. I'll do that."

"No, you haven't shoveled yesterday. I'll go do that. You start shoveling in this horrible weather." I told him as I went back in through the window." Oh yeah, don't slack off just because Maki and John are here to help us out."

 

--------------------

 

Just when I was about to climb out the window again, my phone started ringing. I ignored to have the caller leave a voicemail.

John was up and about as usual while Maki kept a serious look. I looked around for Kei-niichan but I couldn't see him anywhere. I turned around the corner and found him. He hasn't gotten much done. I sighed and called the dogs over to help him out.

"Niichan, do you think we're by the entrance yet?"

"The front door is in the middle. We're not even close."

"What are you saying? We'll get there within an hour."

"Are you crazy? An hour? More like three."

I continued to dig despite what he told me. John continued to play around in the snow while Maki stayed by my side. It was our first winter together with this amount of snow.

"Hey niichan, I want sugar... I'm so tired. My muscles are sore from yesterday. My brain is going crazy from the thinking. I'm going to pass out!" I complained.

"Stop complaining. You're not the only one. Even our neighbors are trying to get themselves out of this snow. What happened to the stamina you gained with karate?"

"I've been studying for years, I haven't had the time to train. Are we there yet?"

"We're almost there. There's just a bit of snow in the way."

"What else would be in the way? I don't want the shovel. I'm using my hands."

I removed the snow on the wall as Maki sat by my side patiently.

John came rushing from behind with his tongue out. He jumped and ran in circles. I took my gloves off and put my hands out to him to see what he wanted. He ran away as if he was leading me some place and I followed him. He led me to a hole he dug in the snow and crawled in.