Time Waits for No One

I Missed You

"Tai-chan! Ganbare!"

What I've heard and repeated multiple times in my head, was what Ohno-san yelled from far as I headed for work. It was my support for the day.

 

--------------------

 

"Hey Reena-chan, how was the date last night? I promise not to tell anyone." Tegoshi-san whispered to me as soon as I entered the room for the filmmaking of the drama. "Reena-chan. Stop being so expressionless all the time. That's not good. Smile or laugh like when you're with Masu. Your smile is adorable. That's what I find attractive about you."

I didn't want Tegoshi-san to be the one to call my smile adorable or attractive. It didn't sound nice to my ears and it gave me the creeps all the time. It was one of the very few things I couldn't get used to hearing, especially by him.

"Why are being so sulky? Did you want to be called adorable by Ohno-san or some other Arashi member? You're obviously an Arashi fan considering that I see you with them a lot." When I heard that as I was about to sit behind Tegoshi-san, I paused.

How does he know? Does he follow me? I knew he was a creep but I didn't think it could go this far. I gave my ring to Ohno-san so I won't lose it and nobody would be suspicious of what I was doing during my private time. Is it a coincidence? It must be.

"We're starting off today with the part where Tegoshi-san gets rejected!"

"Reena-chan, let's go." Tegoshi-san called out.

I didn't feel safe.

I have to tell someone but I don't want anyone to worry. But what would happen if something happens and nobody knew about it?

I suddenly took a breath in as I entered my own dark world of emptiness. Different sceneries of my memories from the past were circulating around me. It was as if my own world of thoughts was circulating around me. Nobody thought about me. I felt something bang in my head. I stepped back and held onto my head where I felt something bang against me. It was then, when I felt something trying to invade my mind. But that wasn't an ordinary invasion.

Why is my brain trying to give me a vision of the future now? This happened a few times in the past. All the events I saw in my vision actually occurred, like that car accident 15 years ago. But I couldn't do anything about it. Even if I know the future, if I try to avoid it, that's how some of those events have occurred. If I can do something to change it, I would. But what is this one trying to tell me? I hear a voice I've heard before, but at the same time, I never did. I recognize the face, but who does it belong to? Where is this place?

I hurt my arm and waist in the process.

 

--------------------

 

I slightly opened my eyes. I was laying down on something soft.

Where is this? What time is it? Why am I here?

When I tried to get up with the dizziness still left in me, someone hugged me. This feeling was Kei-niichan. I felt safe in his arms. I reached out and closed my eyes.

"Don't worry. This is the hospital. This wasn't your first time was it? You couldn't hear anyone's voice at the scene. It was like you were trapped in your own world. You stared into space like you were communicating with aliens. Your eyes were swimming. You couldn't keep your balance and you fell sideways against a table." This was Kei-niichan's voice.

No wonder my world went blank in the end. No wonder I had the sensation that I was falling somehow. It was always like that. The first and last time he saw me like this was the time I had the vision of the car accident which was what led to my parent's death. I was the only survivor. I've seen horrible visions more often since the first time I had it. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to live a happy life. All the visions I've had always had a negative result. I'm still afraid.

When we let go, I asked Kei-niichan a question. "Kei-niichan, I know it's kind of late to be asking this, but will you let me stay at your place for a while? I don't want to cause any more trouble at the place. I thought I'd avoid any misunderstandings that may rise too."

"Of course. I was waiting for you this whole time. I had an empty room just for you. I emptied it right after I heard that you were coming back to Japan as a celebrity from Johnny-san. You finally asked. There's already a bed in there so you don't have to worry about where you're going to sleep." He sounded excited as he smiled.

Someone entered the room. I held Kei-niichan's hand and we looked at who came in. It was Ohno-san who was panting. I was lost in words.

Kei-niichan smirked and put my hand to his forehead. I thought I heard him say something about me, so I asked, "Kei-niichan, did you say something?"

He had a vague smile on his face. It was the smile I've seen for the first time. It was the smile when you finally find out something you never knew. It was also the smile when you finally complete something after hours of work.

"He's your ichiban right?" Kei-niichan whispered into my ear.

I thought it was obvious that Ohno-san was my ichiban but I smiled the smile saying that Kei-niichan was correct, and nodded.

I reached my arms out to Ohno-san. He looked up and his eyes were tearing up.

"Would you come here and hug?" I asked in a sweet voice.

That was when Ohno-san lost it. Tears were falling down his cheeks out of relief knowing that I was safe. He walked over and hugged me around the shoulders. This was the first time he's done this. He must have been worried.

"Ohno-san. I know it's a sudden and that I'm being selfish, but I'm staying at Kei-niichan's place for a while. Hopefully, you understand why."

"Reena-chan. Why are you telling him this?" Kei-niichan asked.

Ohno-san knew that I wasn't sure if I should tell or not so he said it in my place since he also knew that I trusted Kei-niichan. "We're getting married. That's if our parents allow it though. I already bought her the ring and gave it to her last night. I have it with me at this moment though. We didn't want anyone to know about this except our family. Since we don't want this to be going out to society, we'd like to ask to keep this a secret from everyone."

"We all knew each other since we were young. From what I've heard, a friendship that lasted seven years last for a lifetime. Not only that, but childhood friends tend to have a successful marriage and life together. I approve this marriage so I hope your parents will too. Make sure you invite me to the wedding." Kei-niichan smiled and put his hand over his heart.

"Of course you're invited. You're part of the family. Anyways... Why is Reena-chan in the hospital? What happened? She looks completely healthy to me." Ohno-san said looking at me carefully as he held onto my hand.

"There's nothing to worry about." Kei-niichan answered for me.

I know I have to tell Ohno-san about the visions I get sooner or later. I'll fall from dizziness, time to time. I don't know how to control the bad visions. I rarely saw good visions. I don't think I even saw a single one that was positive so far. But how am I supposed to explain something like this to him? Will he believe me? Will he think I'm joking? This can become serious. The doctors don't know why this happens. I haven't told them why I get headaches and fall or what I see or feel when I do. Only Kei-niichan knows everything about this.

The door opened again. It was the rest of the Arashi and NEWS members. I hesitated for a moment and smiled brightly seeing Ninomiya-san and Masuda-san. I saw Masuda-san coming here for a hug so I kneeled on the bed and hugged him. Right when we let go of each other, Ohno-san's arms came around my waist from behind.

"Oh it's quite rare to see our Riida to be jealous about something other than our Nino." Matsumoto-san said smirking.

I touched Ohno-san's cheek with the tip of my fingers and closed my eyes. I looked up at his face at my shoulder and he blushed.

"It's good to see that she's doing well." Aiba-san said from behind.

"Well, I know you just came but I think it's about time we leave the hospital." Kei-niichan stood up from the chair he was sitting in.

 

--------------------

 

We all headed out of the hospital to the parking lot. Ohno-san and I walked together holding hands at the back of the crowd.

Ohno-san slightly bent towards me and whispered into my ear. "Reena-chan. Let's go to my parents' place with your things after Sho-chan drops us at my house."

I checked my wristwatch. It was a about 6 pm. I let out a sigh.

"Hey Reena-chan. I'm glad nothing's wrong with you. Though we couldn't get to the filming today, I was anxious of what could have happened to you." Tegoshi-san approached and walked next to me on the opposite side of Ohno-san.

Ohno-san walked quickly, ahead of us. It was obvious that he didn't like Tegoshi-san. Aiba-san started to walk next to me instead.

"Stop harassing her!" Aiba-san slapped Tegoshi-san's shoulder lightly.

I smiled. Aiba-san was the same Aiba-san I knew.

"I wasn't harassing her! I was worried!"

"Yeah right! Like you actually were!"

Aiba-san and Tegoshi-san started to argue about whether or not Tegoshi-san was harassing me. My lips spread across my face and I started laughing. I was laughing to the point that my stomach hurt and tears were coming out.

They're all the same. They're still the same. They haven't changed one bit. They were just a little bigger from the last time we came together. The only one who was trying to change was me. But I didn't have to change. I didn't have to grow in any way to be able to socialize. All I had to do was be me, like I told Ninomiya-san last night.

"It's been way too long since the last time we saw her laugh like that. She just gets too nervous." Aiba-san said seeing me laugh.

Someone took my hand and walked. I couldn't stop laughing.

 

--------------------

 

I packed my clothes in the larger suitcase and the rest of my belongings in the small rolling bag. As I packed, I remembered that I haven't told Ohno-san about the dolls I used to carry around and the necklace I received from him.

That can wait.

 

--------------------

 

Ohno-san and I arrived at his parents' house. Ohno-san opened the door.

"Mom, dad, I'm back!" Ohno-san called out.

An old lady was walking from the other side of the hall.

"Oh, isn't this Tai-chan? Am I wrong?" Ohno-san's mother spoke.

"Y-yes. I'm the same Tai-chan from 15 years ago. It's nice to meet you again." I bowed and put my hand out for a handshake.

"You don't have to be so formal. Come in. Oh! Won't you just look at how beautiful you have become! You look prettier in real life than on television!"

"You saw me on television!?"

"Of course! My son told me that you've come back and that the first show you'll be on was VS Arashi." His mother said as we dragged my bags in through the front door. "It was like you told me that time waits for no one. I'm guessing that you came to ask to marry?"

"Is it okay mom?" Ohno-san spoke.

"As long as her parents allow it. Where are they? Did they come to Tokyo or Japan in general with you along with your other relatives?"

"About that..." I grabbed onto my sweater.

Something that will haunt me down for ever. I didn't want to talk about it. Only if I knew the reason as in to why I have visions and how to see others, then I would have found a way in which they could have lived. There were times I regretted the survival. There were times I regretted being born. But I wanted to meet Ohno-san. He gave me a reason to live. He was the reason I chose to move on and continue living my life. But, if I keep this in...

"Tai-chan?" Ohno-san's mother called out.

I looked up.

"Reena-chan, why are you crying? What happened? Do you want to have a walk outside or something?" Ohno-san peeked in.

"My parents have passed away from a car accident and my only sibling as passed away before that from drowning." I told them.

"Then perhaps I should be more serious about this marriage then. Here. Go to the living room. I'll bring tea. You remember where it is right?" Ohno-san's mother said as Ohno-san held my hand gently and walked me to the living room.

 

--------------------

 

"What do you like about my son?"

"I don't like him. I love him. I have no reason. I think there is no need to have any reason to love someone or something. We humans are able to love because even if we are able to see the bad things about them, we still choose to accept it as a part of them. Even if we find something new about them, if you truly love the person or thing you love, you won't mind it at all. It only gives your relationship more meaning." I explained.

"That's interesting, but if you had to say at least one thing, what would it be?"

"My answer would be everything." I stated boldly.

Ohno-san who was sitting next to me looked surprised.

"That's not one thing."

"If you think about it, Ohno-san is one thing. He won't exist without the small things such as his laid back personality. There are just so many of the small things that I can't remember every single one of those small details of him from off of the top of my head. But everything is one word so it is one thing. Am I wrong?" I smiled.

"You are absolutely correct."

I thought Ohno-san's mother was mad at first when she started the sentence, but she sounded content and satisfied of my answer by the end of her sentence.

"What do you like about her Satoshi?"

"There's nothing I like about her."

"Why do you say that? I think that was hurtful."

"There's nothing I can find about her that I like. I love every single thing about her. This is because I love her. If I didn't love her, I'd try to find things that I love about her in order to hide the bad things that stand out to me about her. But in my case, I'm able to love her because I see all of the bad things. So I can't choose what exactly I love about her. She's perfect the way she is. In my own eyes, she is the true definition of perfection."