Words of Comfort

I Missed You

I opened my eyes and saw a white ceiling. I was alone on the bed in the dark room.

Am I in reality? Is this the present world or is this the past world? If I'm thinking this, I must in the present world, right?

I turned right and my heart skipped a beat. Ohno-san's face was right in front of my own and he had his eyes closed. The distance in between us was very slim that he could wake up anytime from my loud heartbeats.

Ohno-san groaned. His eyes opened and gave me a grin. His arm was under my waist and he pulled me by the waist towards himself. Our bodies were touching each other and I didn't know where to look. No matter where I looked, Ohno-san was there in my vision and he was still grinning at me. When I noticed, my face felt warm and I couldn't open my mouth. I couldn't see so well either. Then the warm sensation left my body. I saw Ohno-san sit up and stretch and finally noticed that where I was laying was on Ohno-san's bed.

"I was waiting for you to wake up. I made a few onigiris (rice ball) for you. What I put inside is a surprise though. Let's go and eat. It's morning my princess." He said as he smiled at me.

He helped me up and started pulling me to the kitchen.

The shapes of Ohno-san's onigiris made me chuckle and giggle but how it looked didn't matter to me. I could tell that he tried. I held one and took a bite. The taste made me laugh. It was something out of this world. What was in the onigiri was nothing other than his love. I drank a cup of genmai tea after that one onigiri. I already felt somewhat satisfied from both the onigiri and the laugh.

"Thank you Ohno-san. I feel way better. I wish this time could last forever."

"Don't worry. I'll make it last forever. This time I know that I'm not alone. You reminded me that I'm not alone. I don't have to work alone to keep you with me. I don't have to try to keep you. I'll just do it with the help of the other Arashi members."

There was a knock on the door then it opened. People came in with loud footsteps. I looked around and saw Aiba-san panting.

"Hurry up and get in there. I want to see her too." Aiba-san was kicked by Matsumoto-san as the rest of the Arashi members entered and a smile grew on their faces.
"I'm so glad. This is probably one of the greatest moments of my life right now. Do you know how worried we were about you Reena-chan? It wasn't only our Riida looking for you. We'd run away from our fans even if we didn't want to." Sakurai-san said as he leaned against the wall panting.

"It was only you who didn't want to run away from the fans Sho-chan. You've become such an idol." Ninomiya-san said as he was the last one to enter.

"Why wouldn't I want to run away? What's the reason for me not wanting to run away from the fans? Wasn't Reena-chan more important at the time?" Sakurai-san talked back.

"So are you saying that she's not important now? Are you saying that you wouldn't run for her from now on? Answer me." Next to speak was Matsumoto-san.

When we all noticed, we were laughing together at the same time at the same place. It was not only because of what was said, but it was also because we were able to reunite once again.

This was the light that followed after the painful headache. The reason why I felt light. The reason why it felt as if I was flying after one of the headaches. It was the happiness that followed after the event I saw in my vision. What followed was a happy ending. But I can't let my guard down again. The headaches can come back any time. I have to be careful knowing that I won't know when it'll happen.

We talked again like the old times in the living room. We giggled. We made fun of each other. We'd get mad at each other. We laughed again until we finally arrived to the topic the four Arashi members have been waiting for. It was about my past - especially the reason to why I had headaches.

I tried to explain very simply with the help of Ohno-san but he took over to explain why I had the headaches.

"The headaches she gets gives her the ability to see the future but she cannot control what she can or wants to see. The headaches only show her the negatives of what will happen in her near future. The near future can be in a few hours or a few days. The stronger it is, the closer or the worse the event will be. But we don't know which one it is. It can be closer, it can be worse, but it can also be both. The most recent case, her disappearance was a special one though. The previous headaches weren't so bad as this one so they usually became more difficult as the time came closer. When the time came, it just happened. For this one, she felt light after one of the headaches. She felt as if she was flying in midair. This hasn't happened in any of the previous ones. This indicated that something good was going to happen, the present, after the bad thing that was going to occur, her headache, her disappearance."

"All we have to do is pay more attention and be more careful right? Piece of cake Riida." The brightest and yet the moodiest one spoke.

"The problem is Aiba-chan, it's not a piece of cake. We don't know when this 'bad thing' will happen. It can happen any time. Not even Reena-chan knows when it'll happen. All she knows is that the time is closer as the headache becomes greater and there is no pattern in when it'll happen. The first time she had it was when she was a baby, the next time was the year she and I met for the first time which was only about two years, then it was the year she 'vanished' from our lives which was years after." Matsumoto-san explained.

"Yeah man, then it was a little more than a month before school started. Then fifteen plus years later, she has it again. Do we have to explained what happened throughout her life once more for you to understand? We know you know better than that. Get yourself together." The smartest one followed after him.

"I know but..." Aiba-san's voice lowered.

"You don't know. That's why you're saying such stupid things." This was Ninomiya-san's voice.

"Can you guys not argue? We finally came back together again to have a serious talk. I have no one else who are trustful enough for me to talk about this yet aside from Kei-niichan. I want and need everyone to listen to what I have to say right now." I looked down as I said this.

"What is it Reena-chan?" Matsumoto-san was sitting with a serious face.

"Would you guys... Help me?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course we will. Why are we here for? We're here for you. You're our first and best fan. You're the greatest fan we can ever be supported by even if you had to make so much sacrifices to come this far to meet us again." Ohno-san said as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"I don't know when the next one will come though."

"But we can at least weaken the headache or strengthen the light to keep you enlightened right? We're not exactly sure what we can do for you but at the very least, we can be by your side in place of your family and friends. We're your new family. Rather, we've been your family from long ago." I've been pulled back up to my feet again by Sakurai-san.

The stiffness in my shoulders left my body hearing Sakurai-san's words of comfort. Ohno-san suddenly jumped on me and my chuckle turned into a loud laugh. Ohno-san was tickling me.

I was glad we were in Ohno-san's living room and not the jimusho. We don't know what would have happened if it was the jimusho.

As Ohno-san continued to tickle me, I dragged Ninomiya-san into this tickle fight, who dragged Aiba-san, holding onto Matsumoto-san, and lastly Sakurai-san who has been keeping a distance. This allowed me to find a chance to escape but it didn't go so easily as I wanted it to go. Ohno-san kept hold of me in his embrace.

Ohno-san sat up as he held me tight in his arms and continued with the tickling.

"Hey Ohno Satoshi! Hand Princess Reena over to us!" I was surprised for Sakurai-san have started roleplaying without a single warning. I was even more surprised that the others were able to follow his lead in this.

"I have no intentions of giving my Princess away to you fools! Go away now or I'll have to cut you." Ohno-san yelled back at them.

We all stood up and prepared to fight. The five Arashi members picked up newspapers and rolled them up to use as swords to fight against each other. Looking at them fight, I knew that they were playing as if they were acting a historical play.

"My Princess, please run away while you can! I'll keep them here. I'll find you when this ends safely. This is a promise. Go!"

"Why would you say such things? You weren't even born in a wealthy family. There is no way that you will be able to win such a girl's heart." Ninomiya-san said devilishly.

"I'm not fighting to win her heart or anything. I fight because it's the king's command to me to protect her with my life, whether it'd be against you guys or against my country's men. I will protect her to the best of my ability." Ohno-san was acting very brave and strong which made my eyes start tearing from laughter. I was laughing so much that my stomach started to hurt.