My Song

I Missed You

"It was so fun today!" I said as I flopped on the couch. "Thank you niichan for allowing me to bring the dogs in the house."

"Of course. Make sure you do all the chores and such though. You are the one who wanted them so I'm not cleaning up after you. Or the dogs rather."

"Yup. But really, thank you Kei-niichan. It means a lot to me." I sat in front of the dogs at the yard. Good "for you two. This is your new home. Stay here in the yard like good dogs."

"That reminds me, aren't you a cat person?"

"Yeah I'm a cat person. What about it?"

"What made you want to bring the dogs home?"

"They became attached to me."

"What do you mean they became attached?" He chuckled.

"But the female one, Maki-chan, she usually doesn't open up so quickly. The previous owner said that it takes so much time."

"I don't really know how to say it exactly, but you always had this special power since you were little. Like, being able to see what may happen in the future. But you still don't know the reason to why you get a headache right?"

"Now that you bring it up, that is true. I am different. Even if I'm living and accepted like anyone else, I'm special. I sometimes wonder if I was allowed to exist in this world because I'm completely different from everyone else."

"But you were able to come this far in life. Reechan, I think you were talking as if being 'special' and 'different' was a bad thing but I think you're those two in a good way. The reason is because you experienced so many things that may have haunted you, but you still chose to live. I don't think it's easy to choose to live with what you have experienced."

"I guess you can look at it like that." I said as I massaged one of them.

Kei-niichan sat next to me and started to pet the other.

"I may want to help out taking care of the dogs."

"Is it okay? Kei-niichan, aren't you busy?"

"I organize my schedule unlike you. I choose how much I work each day."

"Niichan, you're always so great. I can't do that. I just have to accept every work offered. I'm no good at it." I smiled troubled.

"But you give it your all. So there's nothing wrong with that."

"Yeah I guess. How long has it been since I was this bored?"

"You only had Shimura Doubutsuen today right?"

"Yup. And it was fun. I'll go get Ponta. I have to introduce the dogs to him. He'd be afraid of them if we don't." I said as I stood up and went up the stairs. "Ponta, are you here? Can you come here and follow me? Can you tell Nyanko what it's about later?"

I walked down the stairs with Ponta following. The dogs started barking as they wagged their tail. Ponta was surprised and tried to intimidate the dogs.

"Ponta, it's okay. They're John and Maki. You don't have to fear." I carried him.

"Oh, a male and a female?"

"Yeah, they have kids too. They're looking for owners."

"We hope they find great people who would treat them correctly."

"How sad would it be if the owner was abusive?"

 

--------------------

 

I was walking down the street thinking of what I should do for Ninomiya-san's birthday.

"Yappari! It's Reena-chan!" A hand went on my shoulder.

I turned around and saw that it was Sakurai-san.

"Oh, Sakurai-san. It's been quite a while. How are you?"

"I am so busy with work."

"It must be tiring being popular."

"What are you saying? You're popular too."

"I'm nothing compared to you. I can't even write my own lyrics. And also, I didn't join this world to become popular."

"Then why did you think of becoming a celebrity?"

"That is, because I promised with Johnny-san. I promised that I'd join if I come back safely. I said I get a headache since back then right? It was then. Few days before I left with my family, I saw a vision of being in a car crash."

"So you're telling me about that."

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"It's not that... Oh well. Why are you out here?"

"Oh, because I forgot that it's Ninomiya-san's birthday tomorrow..."

"Right, his birthday is tomorrow already. Time flies by quite quickly. It's been about 9 months since you came back eh?"

"I have to agree on that."

"Instead of just standing around here, how about we go in a store?"

"You're right. With you, we don't know when your fans will be screaming."

 

--------------------

 

"Nino has most of the games he wants so it's quite difficult to choose a gift."

"Really? That's quite a challenge then."

"You think so too? I'm in trouble right now. I have no idea what I should do. We can't all just choose one and give him that one gift unlike Aiba-chan's time. Do you have any good ideas?"

"There's not that much time until tomorrow and just thinking would be a waste. And asking him would make him suspicious. He's probably expecting a present without asking anyways."

"That's true. I've been busy with work that I forgot until recently."

"To tell you the truth, I completely forgot until I met Aiba-san today."

"For me, it's when I saw Nino's face before VS Arashi started. Well anyways, you want to go into this shop right here?"

"Sure. It's worth a shot. I said as we entered the store."

"Welcome." A staff welcomed.

"It's such a difficult choice." I looked around. "Oh, Sakurai-san, how about this?"

I picked up a white mask from the counter and put it in front of my face.

He chuckled. "What is that? It's really funny."

"It's a white mask."

"I can see that."

"Why don't we paint a face or something on this mask?"

"Oh, that's a nice idea. But I don't think he'd want so many of those."

"Yes, but if the expression or design is different, I don't think he would get tired of receiving these masks as presents."

"I like how you think. You can see situations from different angles."

"Well, it's a necessity if you want to understand people better."

"So cool. I admire you."

"Really? You're so smart though, Sakurai-san."

"What are you saying? You're just as smart."

"I wonder what you're talking about. I only know the things I know."

"Then that must mean that you know quite a lot."

"Even so, I cannot think of good lyrics for my song."

"Oh yeah, I was going to ask before. You write lyrics?"

"Didn't I say when we last met? I'm thinking of writing lyrics for my own songs."