After All

I Missed You

This story is in Sakurai Sho's point of view.

 

"Reena-chan, thank you for the present." Nino told her.

"Remember to tell your mother about your feelings."

"Reena-chan, you sure are like Ohno-kun."

"You think so? For me, Ohno-san and I are completely different. I think Ohno-san is a special person who I share no similarities with. You too, Ninomiya-san."

"What are you making me do!?"

"Eh, what? Did I say something weird?"

"No, it's just that..."

Looking at the clock, Reena-chan stood. "Ah, excuse me. It's time for me to leave. I'm sorry, you invited me. Work starts early tomorrow."

"No, I'm sorry I called you suddenly. Thank you."

I waited for the door to close.

"I guess I'll get going. See ya."

"Filming from early in the morning? It must be hard." Nino took his game console out.

"Do your best." Aiba-chan said smiling.

"Don't do anything weird." Matsujun reminded me.

"I know. Ohno-san will kill me." I chuckled.

 

--------------------

 

"Good morning. Hope we can get something out from today." Reena-chan said bowing down and walked away from the place.

Something's wrong... What happened? She was acting normal yesterday...

"Reena-chan, is there something wrong? If you're troubled, you know you can always talk to me." I whispered into her ear.

"Nothing's wrong. Don't worry about me." She said with a smile.

"Oh, are you prepared for the kiss scene today?" I tested her.

"There's a kiss scene? Are you sure about that? I don't think this story has any romance in it." She replied without any hesitation at all.

"How do you know that?" I questioned.

"I read through the whole script when I received it."

"Do you remember the lines?"

"Nope. I'll memorize it right now."

"How do you memorize all the lines in such a short time? I can't believe it. I think you're better at acting than Nino." I tested again by complimenting.

"No, not even close. I am still inexperienced. I'm far from you and Ninomiya-san. I still need practice. Ninomiya-san is such a great actor. It's very real. And you have way more experience than I do. Compared to that, I'm nothing. Now, please allow me to remember my lines." She explained and left to study her lines.

"Oh, yeah. Go ahead." I said as I watched her go.

 

--------------------

 

Reena-chan took a deep breath and her acting started on schedule.

She punched the wall.

"What's with people these days? They don't have good manners."

"That's no good! You need more impact when punching the wall." The director yelled across the room.

"Ah, I apologize." She started punching the air.

"That's rare for her. Yoshimura is always overflowing with motivation and doesn't make any mistakes. Sakurai, what do you think?" The director asked me personally.

"What do I think? Well, I guess, she isn't her usual self today."

Her uneasiness is showing in her acting... What is going on?

"You think so too?"

What is she thinking? I must find out...

"Reena-chan, are you okay? You don't seem like your usual self." He asked worried.

"Yes, sir. I feel completely fine. I'm sorry. I can continue."

"Let's put a short break."

She even apologized immediately. And she hurried with the apology.

I chose to walk up to her and ask for myself.

"Are you sure you're feeling like yourself? You appear to be somewhat depressed in my eyes. Do you want to talk about it?"

"I apologize for making you worry. Really, don't worry about me." Her eyes looked away for a very short moment as she talked.

"The time you apologize multiple times is the time when you're troubled though. Tell me when you feel ready or just contact the other Arashi members when you want to talk about it. Well, I hope you feel better soon."

"I just told you that I'm -" I stopped her.

"See, you got mad so easily. This isn't you. You have the ability to keep your calm. Tell me or the others what is wrong later when we meet with the others." I lightly flicked her forehead.

I wonder if she would avoid us now that I said that.

I took my phone and started texting.

 

--------------------

 

Hey guys, something's wrong with Reena-chan.

She's not her usual self.

Do any of you know anything about it that may have caused her to act this way?

 

--------------------

 

I hope it's not about her head again. That would be troublesome. If it is, what is it? What caused her head to ring? When did it happen and how much did it hurt?

 

--------------------

 

I gulped down my beer and slammed the cup on table.

I've got to do something to help her out. There would be nothing we can do if she locks herself up in her heart again.

I clenched my fist.

We always worried about her. Was I seriously being told not to worry? Well, she's always been serious about us not worrying. But we did anyways, as if we weren't allowed to take our eyes off of her. As if it was our mission we gave ourselves. She's always been talented at everything but always clumsy at important times.

I looked out the window.

"The moon is hidden tonight..." I whispered to myself. "I truly wonder what's going to happen. I hope it's not too serious like the previous one."

A text finally came with a ding.

 

--------------------

 

Like I said!

You don't have to worry about me!

I was just not in my best condition.

I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

I promise!

 

Yoshimura Rina

 

--------------------

 

I never know when I can trust her words.

Though I knew she may not be lying, but she's always hiding something so that we won't worry.

We need a meeting when the time comes... I guess no matter how hard we try,  we can't leave her alone after all.

I poured another cup of beer and drank it down. I started to become drowsy and soon, I fell asleep into the deep night.